rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Parking Ticket in SoCal

Parking Ticket in SoCal

So while staying in LA for a month, I did my best not to get a ticket or towed. I didn't get any. Even after I read the sign several times, I was always worried what if my car was gone when I came back at nights.

I came to SD and I got 2 tickets in a week.

My question is simple. what if I don't pay for this?

I have out of state plate. I am not going to come back SD but I will live in LA though. Do LA city care if I don't pay SD city parking ticket?

Parking Ticket in SoCal

You'll get dinged on your credit report and they may hold your CA vehicle registration.

Parking Ticket in SoCal

You better pay them.

I had gotten a parking ticket in one of the beach cities -- I totally forgot about it.

I went on a trip and parked in one of the LAX lots and boom -- towed. It cost $40 some to take a cab to the Pacific Division another $40 cab ride to get to the tow yard and about $300 to get my car out. And this was 10 years ago.

The City of LA has specific cars that all they do is scan license plates. You owe any money in CA -- they will tow you.

Also, think about changing your plate to CA. They will occasionally run incentives to turn in "neighbors with out of state plates" and you get a discount on your registration for every car you turn in.

Parking Ticket in SoCal

Quote: (12-16-2013 12:45 PM)HeyPete Wrote:  

You better pay them.

I had gotten a parking ticket in one of the beach cities -- I totally forgot about it.

I went on a trip and parked in one of the LAX lots and boom -- towed. It cost $40 some to take a cab to the Pacific Division another $40 cab ride to get to the tow yard and about $300 to get my car out. And this was 10 years ago.

The City of LA has specific cars that all they do is scan license plates. You owe any money in CA -- they will tow you.

Also, think about changing your plate to CA. They will occasionally run incentives to turn in "neighbors with out of state plates" and you get a discount on your registration for every car you turn in.

is that only in L.A. City ???

Parking Ticket in SoCal

Quote: (12-16-2013 04:25 PM)GameTheory Wrote:  

You better pay them.

is that only in L.A. City ???

All over, not to mention certain states have reciprocity with over states. That ticket can affect you in a different state.

Pay the ticket and be done. We live in a police state that is used to extract money from us. VIPR systems, the cop cars with cameras on the hood, will match hundreds of plates and immediately find any piece of paper that can be used to pull you over.

Parking Ticket in SoCal

Quote: (12-15-2013 11:32 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

So while staying in LA for a month, I did my best not to get a ticket or towed. I didn't get any. Even after I read the sign several times, I was always worried what if my car was gone when I came back at nights.

I came to SD and I got 2 tickets in a week.

My question is simple. what if I don't pay for this?

I have out of state plate. I am not going to come back SD but I will live in LA though. Do LA city care if I don't pay SD city parking ticket?

Let me clarify, specifically, what I mentioned earlier. The City of San Diego will double the parking ticket fine if not paid within 30 days, then add a penalty, then report the entire thing to credit bureaus. When you try to get a credit card or some other loan, the bank will make you pay it off before accepting you.

Personal experience.

Your out of state plates may be another issue living in LA for long enough.

Parking Ticket in SoCal

So they have access to my info with plate no?

Have you tried talking it down by hearing officer?

What if i change my plate to differnt letters?

Sorry it sounds shady but ive been doing my best by spending lots of quarters each day....

Parking Ticket in SoCal

i think they scan your vin number, not your license plate?

Pay the tickets and be more careful in the future

Parking Ticket in SoCal

Quote: (12-17-2013 03:32 AM)Sebastian Wrote:  

Sorry it sounds shady but ive been doing my best by spending lots of quarters each day....

I hear ya. When I had to do some business here and there downtown I was routinely cock-blocked by expiring meters. They are worse than the fattie friend sometimes.

Parking Ticket in SoCal

Fucking dirty rats. I'd lose it if my neighbor stuck his nose in my business.
God forbid the pigs do any police work on their own.

Team Nachos