rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Riddick

Riddick

What is with these movies... the first one had a strong female lead who was a b1tch and treated everyone like crap. The second one had a strong female secondary who thankfully was mostly non-existent, the third one goes back to said formula with *drum roll* a blonde dyke b1tch who is constantly punching a bumbling 'misogynistic' latino/white guy merc. The story is terrible and basically just an excuse for this broad to be in the film and riddick to run around and kill things. Could we not just leave a broad out of the equation just ONCE. It is so un-realistic to have a woman fighting in a merc position full of an ALL MALE CREW.

Really, I'd like to know who they are trying to appeal to? I find it offensive to watch these films as a straight male. Every single movie I have seen lately with the exception of Pacific Rim has got some strong female lead telling the guys what to do, or saving them somehow...

Riddick

Quote: (12-15-2013 04:40 AM)BadWolf Wrote:  

What is with these movies... the first one had a strong female lead who was a b1tch and treated everyone like crap. The second one had a strong female secondary who thankfully was mostly non-existent, the third one goes back to said formula with *drum roll* a blonde dyke b1tch who is constantly punching a bumbling 'misogynistic' latino/white guy merc. The story is terrible and basically just an excuse for this broad to be in the film and riddick to run around and kill things. Could we not just leave a broad out of the equation just ONCE. It is so un-realistic to have a woman fighting in a merc position full of an ALL MALE CREW.

Really, I'd like to know who they are trying to appeal to? I find it offensive to watch these films as a straight male. Every single movie I have seen lately with the exception of Pacific Rim has got some strong female lead telling the guys what to do, or saving them somehow...

Movies reflect the zeitgeist, in a limited way.

It's true, there's a movie coming out with Tom Cruise where some woman has to teach him how to fight.

Guys need to just not go to see these movies. What's the point? All they'd be doing is throwing money at bluepill/feminist propaganda.

Riddick

I have to disagree. I greatly enjoy Riddick movies as full of masculinity. Riddick is a very bold masculine red pill character who radiates masculinity in a galactic radius.

These movies have some stample grrl power character but their purpouse in these movies is to ultmately surrender to Riddick.

Just like you unadequately bitch about Riddick movies being feminist, liberal critics actually bitch about them being misogynistic. Here are a few of them:

http://www.empireonline.com/empireblogs/...post/p1399

http://jmuwomensstudentcaucus.wordpress....vie-night/

http://www.hollywood.com/movies/review/5...ick-review

For the very same reasons these liberal critics hate Riddick I love these movies. I feel this is a rare franchise (especially the last movie) made purelly for red pill men, without any regard for tastes of women and liberal chodes. Therefore it has many haters in mainstream while actually it is rather good.

In the latest Riddick movie Riddic converts a grrl power amazon with a lesbian facade into his admirer. As he does with Jack/Kira in the first two movies. Liberals hate Riddick movies for that.

Also don't dig two deep these movies are just innocent entertainment. Men like athletic women doing acrobatic tricks or posing with guns and these movies provide that. In every moment of these movies the superiority of a real men over these women is clearly recognized. The second movie actually shows how a woman manipulates with her husband for political power. Riddick contrasts this as being the man who puts all the bitches in their right places. Rather red pill I would say.

For me Riddick is one of characers I like to associate to feel more confident and masculine to develop inner game and strong frame. Super alpha.

Riddick

Quote:Quote:

Men like athletic women doing acrobatic tricks or posing with guns and these movies provide that.

I disagree with this, I don't find women who fight, attractive in the slightest. If this movie had a shred of realism then Riddick would be banging a ultra-feminine 10/10 instead of a super cvnt. If you turn back the clock a bit there are women in action movies but you rarely see them punching, ridiculing and kicking the sh1t out of their cast mates. Fast forward to the movie of today and nearly every chick is in charge of something highly important to the lead character. A realistic hard core, woman action hero? Ripley/Vasquez from ALIENS, not once during that movie do they attempt to bad mouth men or reveal their sexual feelings or any of that sh1t. They also don't try to steal the show by doing karate kicks and using grrrl power. They are there to do a job and get the fvck out.

This is really just my personal opinion. I also really enjoyed Riddick #2...I found the newest one seriously lacking in Sci Fi.

Riddick

Quote: (12-15-2013 05:35 AM)BadWolf Wrote:  

Men like athletic women doing acrobatic tricks or posing with guns and these movies provide that.

I disagree with this, I don't find women who fight, attractive in the slightest. If this movie had a shred of realism then Riddick would be banging a ultra-feminine 10/10 instead of a super cvnt. If you turn back the clock a bit there are women in action movies but you rarely see them punching, ridiculing and kicking the sh1t out of their cast mates. Fast forward to the movie of today and nearly every chick is in charge of something highly important to the lead character.

Yes there is sucha trend in modern movies, but Riddick is not one of those movies. It contrasts alpha males like Riddick or to a lesser extent Boss Jones who dominates women vs omega males like Santana or beta males like Waako who get dominated by women. That's it. It is a rather realisitc and red pill portret of things.

Meny men get turned on by seeing the vulnerable bodies of women to perform among heavy and rusty metallic weapons for ultimate contrast. If you are not one of them it is just your personal taste.

I hate it too when women are the strongest characters who dominate even strong men, but it is not applicable to Riddick franchese. In Riddick franchese the strongest of women serve as borderline indicator to distinguish weak men from strong men, just like in real life.

The whole theme of the Riddick movie is how Riddick is stronger then anybody else because he is not a "civilized" man like everybody else. Civilized is the word used in film. We all in manosphere know that civilized is the PC word for "betasized" or "feminized". I stand by my point that this is a red pill movie.

Riddick

Oh god some of you guys are turning into women, looking for how the movie is against "you" and "your kind" instead of getting some simple enjoyment out of a simple movie. Same shit we complain about we are becoming. Yeah Riddicks got some strong women in it, in the end they want Riddick. A strong chick, wants a stronger man, end of story...but but but she was rough with a man once so the movies against men, seriously??? not every guy is you badwolf, lara croft, alice, trinity, the bride, and on and on huge market of guys who dig a girl who can kick some ass but ultimately is still a sexy piece of ass who wants a guy. Ripley the girl you're promoting was the trailblazer to these new characters, for her time she kicking ass and guys didn't believe a chick could do that, but times change. There are far better examples of movies that push a negative agenda to get bent out of shape about but a barely in shape dude (at this point 40+ so its expected) kicking ass and getting the girl, these are the movies we grew up just modernized to be a little more beta and female friendly but I give them credit for trying to make it a guys film in these times, given the load we're usually subjected to.

Riddick

Mikey what are some examples of the bent of shape forty year old beta getting the hot girl.

You come off sounding mad [Image: troll.gif] in your post.

Bad wolf you are wrong about aliens. Vasquez is the epitome of butch and she shit talks like a man. Ripely reminds me of many angry shrill feminists. The difference is that she's got a good reason to be as she is only surrounded with what turns out to be one competent man. Ripely was not hot at all. None of the women in those first Alien movies were attractive. Ripley gets even further bitched out in the third one, walking around with a shaved head.

Next thing you guys are going to be saying that grace jones in Conan was hot.

Riddick

Quote: (12-15-2013 06:06 AM)soup Wrote:  

Mikey what are some examples of the bent of shape forty year old beta getting the hot girl.

You come off sounding mad [Image: troll.gif] in your post

nah just sick of guys sounding like girls, the movie offended me cause a girl hit a guy, thats not possible, I dont like athletic girls so the movie sucked lol really???....I said there are better things to get bent out of shape about than an out of shape dude getting a girl, that's the positive, the dude saves the day, gets the girl, that's the movies I grew up on. Arnold and Sly, and shit I loved so I dont see a problem in that continuining but in these times this is how it continues as long as the message isnt changing im cool with that. Guess that makes me a traitor to the cause or a troll cause I still think a man is still the man around any chick. Sorry if that ( my original response ) came off too harsh I guess.

Riddick

lol and grace jones was and will never be hot. I defy anyone to say Milla Jovavich wasn't hot tho. So the right girl being athletic can have an appeal. Tho the athletic ability wasn't the appeal, full acknowledgment of that.

Riddick

Quote: (12-15-2013 06:19 AM)mikeymike Wrote:  

lol and grace jones was and will never be hot. I defy anyone to say Milla Jovavich wasn't hot tho. So the right girl being athletic can have an appeal. Tho the athletic ability wasn't the appeal, full acknowledgment of that.

I like Grace Jones as an actress precisely because she isn't hot. She plays a lot of strong amazon women, but her not-hotness shows that women have to make compromises between beauty and ability to kick ass if they really want to have such an ability. In case of Grace Jones it is obviously genetic - lots of testestorone probably.

Mila Jovovich was hot and kicking ass simultaneously but that made her less believable everytime. Imagine her meeting Grace Jones in a box ring. I would bet on Grace Jones anytime.

Riddick

I never referred to any of those girls as hot, I'm saying the action heroes in ALIENS are more realistic. The BSG chick is trying to be both sexy/tough. I've never seen that combination in the real world, you either have butchy lesbo types (who are ugly as fvck) or mothers who will go to the grave to protect their children. I think both those types are present in ALIENS, neither in Riddick.
During the Riddick movie she even states "I DON'T FVK MEN!". I mean bleh, was that necessary? Really? Of course Santana is a bumbling idiot and threatens to beat the woman up but continues to get his ass kicked BY HER even though he is holding a knife and a gun.... later, Riddick saves her b1tchy ass and kills Santana...

I don't know guys, I've never been turned on by a woman who thought she could kick my ass, I did have one lesbo threaten me once but the only feelings that came about from that were pure hatred. A girl/guy would only have to touch me once before they'd lose their entire arm, that's realistic and I'm no action hero.

nah just sick of guys sounding like girls, the movie offended me cause a girl hit a guy

The problem is its ruining a good movie just to pander to the politically correct masses. 99% of the theater is filled with men, the movie is about tough guys and yet the message is, a tough man should let a woman beat him up and smile while she does it. Seems like almost every action movie today has some kind of PC message attached to it. If you look back 20 years, there isn't that overtly tough girl on guy attitude present in the movies... Terminator, The Running Man, Total Recall, Star Wars, Space Raiders, The Last Starfighter, The Explorers, Krull just to name a few. The movies were focused on telling the story, today's movies/TV seem to have lost that focus and just keep shoving down the same message, women are exceedingly intelligent, tough and responsible for the hero winning. The Avengers, Iron Man, The Thing 2, BSG, V, The Lone Ranger, Transformers, Europa, Gravity, Battleship, Wreck-it-Ralph, Prometheus, 007. It's gotten to the point where its just IN YOUR FACE.

It's always a woman sharing the spotlight with an action hero, I've yet to see a movie that depicts what would realisticly happen if a woman announced she was gay or tried to beat down a guy. Hollywood doesn't mind showing a woman hitting a man but only depicts men hitting women as some hate crime or a villain doing something nasty.. There is a GREAT OLD 80's FILM where the HERO bitch slaps this biker chick who tries to take him down in: The Warriors of the Lost world.

Modern Movies? There is always some super tough broad trying to steal the limelight... there will be a bit of story and then some tough broad, bit more story, then tough broad acting tough, bit of action, tough broad showing up the guys, then some broad using weapons or doing some battle cry or hacking into a mainframe later resulting in a hideously contrived romance between the main character and the broad.. Its as if the men can't catch a break, like the little sister who always insists she tag along... its just the biggest downer in movies today IMO.

Riddick

I will give one shout.

Trinity from the Matrix. I think she was both sexy and tough. Never tried to put herself above Neo, and in fact was always in awe of him.

That is how a female action lead should be.

Riddick

Female lead action should consist of washing dishes and being cheerful.

Riddick

Quote: (12-15-2013 08:56 PM)soup Wrote:  

Female lead action should consist of washing dishes and being cheerful.

You left out, "and servicing male lead".

Riddick

I think that "Salt" is a much better example. It would have been a great action movie -- and fairly believable -- with a male lead.

It was completely unbelievable with Angelina Jolie as the lead.

Riddick

Riddick Bowe should be the lead.

Riddick

Quote: (12-15-2013 06:15 AM)mikeymike Wrote:  

nah just sick of guys sounding like girls, the movie offended me cause a girl hit a guy, thats not possible, I dont like athletic girls so the movie sucked lol really???....I said there are better things to get bent out of shape about than an out of shape dude getting a girl, that's the positive, the dude saves the day, gets the girl, that's the movies I grew up on.

The problem is that this PC garbage has become a staple of screenplays, not just isolated instances. Same with all the unrelenting homo nonsense.

It is constant and unrelenting. It is no longer just entertainment. It is about pushing an alien worldview, while using our entertainment dollars to do it.

Riddick

Quote: (12-15-2013 08:38 PM)BadWolf Wrote:  

During the Riddick movie she even states "I DON'T FVK MEN!". I mean bleh, was that necessary?

This line was there for Riddick to later make her change her mind. This movie was all about the awesome manliness of Riddick who can even convert lesbians to heterosexuality. Although everyone not too PC brainwashed understands this phrase was a mere brag (shit test) from the start and not an actual declaration of lesbianism. You are similar with liberal critics who label this movie as misogynistic because they believe lesbianism is an actual healthy orientation not a global shit test that it actually is. The liberal critics are mad about this line and the fact Dahl later betrayed it and it is funny that you are too. If you trully are a red pill man you should understand that when Dahl was saying this she was shit testing the men around her, challenging someone to dare to try to fuck her, but because of hypergamy she simply didn't want to make it easy for everyone. This is like ABC for red pill understanding.

This movie was all about the awsomness of masculinity that Riddick embodies. There are feminized movies but it is definately not this one.

Quote: (12-15-2013 08:38 PM)BadWolf Wrote:  

Prometheus,

I have seen Prometheus too and I agree that this is one movie where the main lead is too powerful (and also not hot enough to make me want to like her). Basically this movie symbolically tells us that abortion is a small and insignificant thing, because a strong woman can abort an freaking alien child and not lose consciousness/get freaked out/ get mentally crippled and continue with exploring alien world a few minutes later.

Make no mistake the purpose of that movie was to brainwash people how abortion is a sign of a strong woman.

You should have taken Prometheus as the example for your observation of unrealistically powerful females in movies, nor Riddick which is more like the opposite of that.

Riddick

Am I the only guy in here who doesn't mind "strong" female leads in movies and video-games? I mean as long as it doesn't cater to feminist propaganda and anti-male bullshit I'm all fine with it. In fact I love characters like (the old) Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider video-games (not the shitty movies), Rayne from the BloodRayne video-game series and Bayonetta from the same-titled video-game series. Can't think of any likable female action leads in movies right now.

Riddick

Quote: (12-16-2013 03:21 AM)Mr. Calicoat Wrote:  

Am I the only guy in here who doesn't mind "strong" female leads in movies and video-games? I mean as long as it doesn't cater to feminist propaganda and anti-male bullshit I'm all fine with it. In fact I love characters like (the old) Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider video-games (not the shitty movies), Rayne from the BloodRayne video-game series and Bayonetta from the same-titled video-game series. Can't think of any likable female action leads in movies right now.

It is all about believability -- or suspending belief. I can believe that the heroine Selena in Underworld is a great warrior because she is also a vampire. The job of the movie is to suspend belief -- as to both issues (vampires exist and female warriors exist among the vampires).

IMO, the movie "Salt" did not work because it is based on real life. No top tier female spy is going to be as fast or strong as a top tier male spy. Not even close. I have less of a problem with the Sci-Fi movies, because they require you to suspend belief in other areas.

Riddick

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me of Underworld. Forgot about that. The first movie is great and Selene is indeed a cool character.

What is your opinion on Lara Croft? She doesn't have super powers, yet she kicks some ass from time to time, but not to completely unrealistic degree in my opinion. At least I never felt I was doing something completely ridiculous when I was exploring all those tombs and dungeons with her as my playable character. I have to add though that I was +/- 12 years old when I played those old Tomb Raider games. Recently also tried to new games, but those didn't appeal to me as much as the old ones.

Riddick

Quote: (12-16-2013 03:32 AM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

It is all about believability -- or suspending belief.

It's not just about believability. It's also about making men useless. In real world women have beauty while men have strength. In a virtual movie or video game world you can draw and apply special effects to make beautiful females who have the strength of a man. Since both men and women have strength in these virtual worlds, but only women have beauty, women end up being superior, but men become second class beings. Add the fact that in fiction females can think like men, can be inventors, commanders and do not slave to their menstrual cycles, they come as truly superior beings.

This is why geeks who consume a lot of fiction, don't have a clue about how women and relationships work in real life and are pedestalizing betas. Because fiction tends to elevate women to be equals in ability to men.

Riddick

Quote: (12-16-2013 05:15 AM)Mage Wrote:  

It's not just about believability. It's also about making men useless. In real world women have beauty while men have strength. In a virtual movie or video game world you can draw and apply special effects to make beautiful females who have the strength of a man. Since both men and women have strength in these virtual worlds, but only women have beauty, women end up being superior, but men become second class beings. The fact that in fiction females can think like men, can be inventors, commanders and do not slave to their menstrual cycles, they come as truly superior beings.

This is why geeks who consume a lot of fiction, don't have a clue about how women and relationships work in real life and are pedestalizing betas. Because fiction tends to elevate women to be equals in ability to men.

I wouldn't say beauty is exclusive to women. From a pure artistic and non-homo perspective I can clearly see and acknowledge that men can be very beautiful too. I'd like to believe I'm beautiful, or at least I try damn hard to be beautiful.

You're right about everything else though.

Riddick

The problem with Riddick is that (other than possibly the first movie in which he appeared, which was not called Riddick) movies from that franchise are generally laden with ridiculous dialogue, stupid deus-ex-machina plots, and even CGI is not anything special. I mind that far more than their political ideology or lack of.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Riddick

Quote: (12-16-2013 05:15 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Quote: (12-16-2013 03:32 AM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

It is all about believability -- or suspending belief.

It's not just about believability. It's also about making men useless. In real world women have beauty while men have strength. In a virtual movie or video game world you can draw and apply special effects to make beautiful females who have the strength of a man. Since both men and women have strength in these virtual worlds, but only women have beauty, women end up being superior, but men become second class beings. Add the fact that in fiction females can think like men, can be inventors, commanders and do not slave to their menstrual cycles, they come as truly superior beings.

This.

We basically have billions of beta-tized me who grew up with Feminized values being pushed down their throats who also played thousands of hours of video/computer fantasy games and completely lack social skills. These are the guys who some of these movies appeal to.

While I understand the point the OP is making about the Riddick movies, I still don't think they are 'beta.' The character Vin Diesel plays is pretty alpha in that he is his own man, very masculine, goes his own way etc. Plus he get's the girl and could give a f*ck. I do think some of the Riddick characters have gotten lamer and more PC/Feminist as the series has moved on, but even in the first one there was a younger character who was ambiguously sexual and turned out to be young girl posting as a guy IIRC.

The ones I have no interest in and confuse me are the Milla Jovovich/Angelina Jolie movies. I mean who the f*ck watches those ridiculous "Resident Evil" movies anyway? They are all about an incredibly powerful woman laying waste to an army of men who are her oppressors. Even when the character 'falls in love' or whatever it seems the woman is controlling the situation. As for "Lara Croft' that sucks too I just have no interest in watching a poor substitute for Indiana Jones. I just don't see the appeal but it must solely be to these geeky sci-fi guys who get zero tail and thus completely idealize these strong, powerful women characters. To me that is just bizarre.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion