rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is where I live causing me a lot of problems with girls?

I live 20 min from Los Angeles, I would say my looks are 5/10, I don't go to bars or clubs. Would my results improve if I lived in Chicago or St. Louis(as a comparison)? I've been learning game since last summer and I get the phone numbers and dates too but they usually fizzle out. It almost never goes past the first date. I've made American friends but they flake like crazy, even though we know each other 5+ years. I do hang out with my countrymen( Russians), they are more reliable but pretty much all of us are single except the several guys that are slumming it. So what do you guys think?

Why would going to St. Louis help your results lol. My friend lived there for 3 years, said is sucks balls.

I think your results may be better in Chicago, but not by much.

I live in Chicago. I guess since you are Russian, you can meet more Russian girls here for sure. So in that regard, it can help your results. Plus you can build a better social circle of Russians if you wanted.

However, as to flakiness of girls and stuff fizzling out? That happens to me all the time too. Its not just L.A, even if L.A. has a bad reputation for that. Chicago is just as bad, and I can fairly the compare the 2 having lived in both.

Chicago also has other problems. Its super cold. Its really hard to daygame from December to April. (It will be between 12 and 20 F degrees on Monday).

Also, when you go to the bars, there are alot of mixed groups here - way more than in l.a. Rarely will you just find a nice 2-set or 3-set of all girls, which I would see more of in L.A. THere are alot of pepole who already know each other here because of many Big-10 College networks. So its hard to crack that circle.

Also the venues in Chicago are lower quality than in L.A. At least in L.A. you can go to some quality clubs. The clubbing scene is weak in Chicago. Thats not going to help your results.

So I would say the big advantage in Chicago is for a Russian social circle and more Russian girls, but as for cold approaching its not that different cuz the bars/clubs here aren't very good and you only have like 6 months to do day game because of the super cold.

Quote: (12-04-2010 05:58 PM)DonovanVC Wrote:  

Why would going to St. Louis help your results lol. My friend lived there for 3 years, said is sucks balls.

I think your results may be better in Chicago, but not by much.

I live in Chicago. I guess since you are Russian, you can meet more Russian girls here for sure. So in that regard, it can help your results. Plus you can build a better social circle of Russians if you wanted.

However, as to flakiness of girls and stuff fizzling out? That happens to me all the time too. Its not just L.A, even if L.A. has a bad reputation for that. Chicago is just as bad, and I can fairly the compare the 2 having lived in both.

Chicago also has other problems. Its super cold. Its really hard to daygame from December to April. (It will be between 12 and 20 F degrees on Monday).

Also, when you go to the bars, there are alot of mixed groups here - way more than in l.a. Rarely will you just find a nice 2-set or 3-set of all girls, which I would see more of in L.A. THere are alot of pepole who already know each other here because of many Big-10 College networks. So its hard to crack that circle.

Also the venues in Chicago are lower quality than in L.A. At least in L.A. you can go to some quality clubs. The clubbing scene is weak in Chicago. Thats not going to help your results.

So I would say the big advantage in Chicago is for a Russian social circle and more Russian girls, but as for cold approaching its not that different cuz the bars/clubs here aren't very good and you only have like 6 months to do day game because of the super cold.

I've lived in Milwaukee for 3 years so I'm used to the weather. It's kinda hard to do street game here because cali is a car culture. Maybe if I go to stores and campuses and etc what I pretty much do now.

I'm pretty much trying to find a way out. I'm not interested in going to bars or clubs and it can take several years to find a gf.

Not to be rude, but LA is a tough market to begin with. I would imagine it would be tougher being a foreigner, unless you had money of course. Are American girls into russian men?
I cannot figure why Russian men come to America, look at what you are leaving behind!
It is called the American dream not the American reality. But I digress, you also mentioned that your Russian friends are not doing well with the ladies as well.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

I lived in LA for 8 yrs before moving to Vegas.

What part of town are you in?

You can get girls in L.A. but you have to make a lot of approaches.

Quote: (12-04-2010 10:25 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

In Long Beach. I go to LA rarely now. Guys I know who live in LA only go to clubs and hookah bars. I got tired of doing that really quick. Typically the same girl show up to the hookah bar that go to the club. Hookah is open till 4am.

i hear ya on hating the club scene. i prefer daygame by far. Chicago is a good city for daygame between May-November. Six good months to get girls.

However, not all of l.a. is bad for game outside the clubs. Check out places like Redondo and Hermosa, Santa Monica, West L.A. The talent in those areas isn't really found in Chicago. Its not comparable for the most part.

You might only be able to do 2-3 sets during daygame because of the light amount of foot traffic, but you can count on good quality and good weather all year to do it.

Furthermore, I found the competition from guys in l.a. to be much weaker. Chicago has more solid (if not, fratty or douchy) guys who have decent game. I rarely saw couples in l.a. but I see a ton in Chicago.

Quote: (12-04-2010 10:12 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Not to be rude, but LA is a tough market to begin with. I would imagine it would be tougher being a foreigner, unless you had money of course. Are American girls into russian men?
I cannot figure why Russian men come to America, look at what you are leaving behind!
It is called the American dream not the American reality. But I digress, you also mentioned that your Russian friends are not doing well with the ladies as well.

The real question is who are American girls into?

I haven't seen any Russian guys have any American gf's, they will fuck them but that's it.

The only reason Russian men leave Russia is financial instability. My older Russian friends were fucking left and right in the old country. Now if they want to fuck they have to slum it, and it still doesn't guarantee that you'll get laid. The problem is good looking dudes are slumming it so the women in America know they can pretty much get any guy they want. I can get laid, if I slum it, but I have more self respect for myself than that.

I have a player friend who was screwing hotties left and right several years ago. Now in order to get laid he had to slum it, this dude is a 9. Girls even tell him he's "hot", but putting the dick in the hole is another story. The bar has been raised so high that good looks and game aren't enough anymore. You got to be god or something.

This is not funny anymore, it's sad.

Quote: (12-04-2010 11:00 PM)DonovanVC Wrote:  

i hear ya on hating the club scene. i prefer daygame by far. Chicago is a good city for daygame between May-November. Six good months to get girls.

However, not all of l.a. is bad for game outside the clubs. Check out places like Redondo and Hermosa, Santa Monica, West L.A. The talent in those areas isn't really found in Chicago. Its not comparable for the most part.

You might only be able to do 2-3 sets during daygame because of the light amount of foot traffic, but you can count on good quality and good weather all year to do it.

Furthermore, I found the competition from guys in l.a. to be much weaker. Chicago has more solid (if not, fratty or douchy) guys who have decent game. I rarely saw couples in l.a. but I see a ton in Chicago.

I know all about Redondo and Hermosa, Santa Monica and West LA. I did a stint of Hermosa for 1.5 years. I was there every weekend, we didn't even have to pay to get in anymore, we were regulars. I came close to taking one chick home but her friend said she wasn't going anywhere with us unless we had coke. I'm not about to carry coke, weed, and whatever the hell else they want so maybe sometime in the distant future I can get a lay. A Russian once told me, "She'll snort the coke, but that doesn't mean she'll spread the legs".

Think of it as going level up; one will be making more money, and have overall better life conditions (if you've been to Moscow in Jan, you'd acknowledge moving to LA has a lot of sense just weather-wise). Also when/if he goes back, he'll still have the same cultural/language knowledge, but will also have experience from living abroad - making it even easier for him back there.

wolf, are you trying to find a GF, getting laid no matter what, or getting laid with someone who'd make your friends jealous?

Quote: (12-04-2010 10:46 PM)wolf Wrote:  

In Long Beach. I go to LA rarely now. Guys I know who live in LA only go to clubs and hookah bars. I got tired of doing that really quick. Typically the same girl show up to the hookah bar that go to the club. Hookah is open till 4am.

One of my good friends here in Vegas is Russian, he pulls really hot ass. One thing he told me, was that he prefers not to hang out with other Russians too much. He says it's bad for game. That hookah bar scene is shit, I don't blame you for ditching it. Probably another reason to get some friends that aren't Russian. Long Bch isn't that great of a place to pick up women either. I used to live in the hood on 10th and Daisy in a badass loft apartment. If you want a meat market go to Sharky's in Newport. That place is like shooting fish in a barrel. If you move to L.A. I'd recommend taking an acting class. Tons of girls, and you will really open up your social circle. Probably be the only Russian dude there too. West L.A. isn't too far from you. Tons of pretty cool bars off Wilshire. College gals are hanging out from UCLA.

stay in LA dude! there are a lot of immigrants there, esp from latin america. you'll stand out as a white guy. when i went to LA on holiday was loving all the attention i was getting from the mexican chicas; play up the foreigner/european angle as much as possible

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

Quote: (12-05-2010 02:39 AM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Think of it as going level up; one will be making more money, and have overall better life conditions (if you've been to Moscow in Jan, you'd acknowledge moving to LA has a lot of sense just weather-wise). Also when/if he goes back, he'll still have the same cultural/language knowledge, but will also have experience from living abroad - making it even easier for him back there.

wolf, are you trying to find a GF, getting laid no matter what, or getting laid with someone who'd make your friends jealous?

I'm trying to find a gf, you see how much work I have to do to get laid. I don't want to keep doing that. I'm not slumming it, whenever i slummed the girl was more bitchy and etc. You'd think that if she was ugly/whale she would be nicer, but that's not the case. I really don't care what people think of me, what I do is for my personal gains.

Quote: (12-05-2010 02:43 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Quote: (12-04-2010 10:46 PM)wolf Wrote:  

One of my good friends here in Vegas is Russian, he pulls really hot ass. One thing he told me, was that he prefers not to hang out with other Russians too much. He says it's bad for game. That hookah bar scene is shit, I don't blame you for ditching it. Probably another reason to get some friends that aren't Russian. Long Bch isn't that great of a place to pick up women either. I used to live in the hood on 10th and Daisy in a badass loft apartment. If you want a meat market go to Sharky's in Newport. That place is like shooting fish in a barrel. If you move to L.A. I'd recommend taking an acting class. Tons of girls, and you will really open up your social circle. Probably be the only Russian dude there too. West L.A. isn't too far from you. Tons of pretty cool bars off Wilshire. College gals are hanging out from UCLA.

I don't plan to go to bars, besides my wing knocked up some broad. Not because I don't have a wing but the odds are stacked against me. My game would have to be super tight due to me looking 5/10. Any good places to do day game in Long Beach?

I'm not moving to LA, that's the last thing I'll do.

Well you do not want to slum and you do not want to move! So maybe you should import from the motherland! Bring them in for 3 months and then send them back or if you like them, let them stay.

Russian girls look so much sexier than American girls. IMHO.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Improving your appearance and image would be your biggest asset.

anyone who tells you looking good doesnt matter shouldn't have been born.

Hit the gym
take care of your skin
groom
get stylish and fit clothes
fix your teeth
you may not be brad pitt but you can make yourself look good.

Quote: (12-05-2010 11:41 AM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Well you do not want to slum and you do not want to move! So maybe you should import from the motherland! Bring them in for 3 months and then send them back or if you like them, let them stay.

Russian girls look so much sexier than American girls. IMHO.

The problem of bringing women from the motherland is they can get more spoiled( not money, but attitude) in several months to several years. You want them to stay then you have to marry them. I've seen too many foreign girls come here and see how American women treat men and they treat them just as bad if not worse.

Quote: (12-05-2010 12:01 PM)metalhaze Wrote:  

Improving your appearance and image would be your biggest asset.

anyone who tells you looking good doesnt matter shouldn't have been born.

Hit the gym
take care of your skin
groom
get stylish and fit clothes
fix your teeth
you may not be brad pitt but you can make yourself look good.

I put on 30 lbs of muscle. I got rid of my acne, i obviously get a haircut and brush my teeth, take a shower, and etc. I had braces, so my teeth is straight, I recently had a cleaning too. I got a new wardrobe. I'm running out of things to do.

I think I see the problem here.

It's your negativity. You can do all these things to make your appearance better, but if your attitude is bad it comes out in your body language, your facial expressions, and even the timbre of your voice when you speak.

Your mind has that much power over your body. When people are upset, their heart rate rises and they get tired quickly. When someone is angry, other people can see it. When a good looking guy walks around without a care in the world, he picks up women.

It doesn't matter where you live if you've got a negative attitude. This isn't a criticism from me but, I can tell you're pretty fed up, and that will exacerbate the problem. On top of that, if you're like most Russian guys I've met, you tend to have a stoic or stony faced look. That is very intimidating to women and even though you may think you look handsome and tough, you will look up tight and no fun to girls.

What you have to do, and I know this may sound silly, is try to imagine what you would feel like if you just got a bunch of 9s numbers and that it's something you do all the time. You have to imagine the satisfaction you have when you bang these chicks at your leisure. Once you imagine that feeling, you have to keep it. That kind of thing makes your mind relax. Your features will soften, a confident smile will come on your face, you will be witty when you speak because you don't give a damn.

It takes practice but you can start this second. In fact, for all the things you're trying to do, I find this technique works. Some people say you're "putting it out in the universe so that it comes back to you" but I believe that's bullshit. I think its just the physical changes that take place in your body when your mind starts functioning on a more positive relaxed level. Your mind can trap you, and it follows patterns, you may catch yourself going back to thinking negative thoughts (that could be very justified) but you've got to make yourself get back to being positive.

Quote: (12-05-2010 02:01 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

It's your negativity. You can do all these things to make your appearance better, but if your attitude is bad it comes out in your body language, your facial expressions, and even the timbre of your voice when you speak.

Your mind has that much power over your body. When people are upset, their heart rate rises and they get tired quickly. When someone is angry, other people can see it. When a good looking guy walks around without a care in the world, he picks up women.

It doesn't matter where you live if you've got a negative attitude. This isn't a criticism from me but, I can tell you're pretty fed up, and that will exacerbate the problem. On top of that, if you're like most Russian guys I've met, you tend to have a stoic or stony faced look. That is very intimidating to women and even though you may think you look handsome and tough, you will look up tight and no fun to girls.

What you have to do, and I know this may sound silly, is try to imagine what you would feel like if you just got a bunch of 9s numbers and that it's something you do all the time. You have to imagine the satisfaction you have when you bang these chicks at your leisure. Once you imagine that feeling, you have to keep it. That kind of thing makes your mind relax. Your features will soften, a confident smile will come on your face, you will be witty when you speak because you don't give a damn.

It takes practice but you can start this second. In fact, for all the things you're trying to do, I find this technique works. Some people say you're "putting it out in the universe so that it comes back to you" but I believe that's bullshit. I think its just the physical changes that take place in your body when your mind starts functioning on a more positive relaxed level. Your mind can trap you, and it follows patterns, you may catch yourself going back to thinking negative thoughts (that could be very justified) but you've got to make yourself get back to being positive.

It could be it, but I doubt it. I'm working on improving everything. I really don't give a shit, so you won't see me walking around with an angry or sad face. I have people start conversations with me all the time, as opposed to before where I would walk with a gloomy face. I'm quite funny, as lot of people tell me that. I just say the first thing that pops into my mind. I've been called an asshole by most women but they always say it with a smirk.

As far as the Russian looking face, I'm not most Russians, I spent most of my time growing up here, I know the look you're talking about. I hang around those people but rarely.

I've been on several dates where a woman would tell me she's nervous, but I don't really feel excited as them because I know in the back of my mind it's a crap chute. I have girls follow me after the date wherever we go but I think I don't close fast enough, they are obviously interested but I'm sitting there and not making a move, that could be it. I'm not really worried about the flaking, it doesn't bother me one bit. Sometimes I'll get a girls number and forget to call her, then I have to make some excuse that I lost my phone or something.

As far as the voice, that one you're right. It's deep enough but I need to slow it down. I recently heard my self talk on tape and I need to slow down what I'm saying.

Quote: (12-05-2010 02:48 PM)wolf Wrote:  

Quote: (12-05-2010 02:01 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

It could be it, but I doubt it. I'm working on improving everything. I really don't give a shit, so you won't see me walking around with an angry or sad face. I have people start conversations with me all the time, as opposed to before where I would walk with a gloomy face. I'm quite funny, as lot of people tell me that. I just say the first thing that pops into my mind. I've been called an asshole by most women but they always say it with a smirk.

As far as the Russian looking face, I'm not most Russians, I spent most of my time growing up here, I know the look you're talking about. I hang around those people but rarely.

I've been on several dates where a woman would tell me she's nervous, but I don't really feel excited as them because I know in the back of my mind it's a crap chute. I have girls follow me after the date wherever we go but I think I don't close fast enough, they are obviously interested but I'm sitting there and not making a move, that could be it. I'm not really worried about the flaking, it doesn't bother me one bit. Sometimes I'll get a girls number and forget to call her, then I have to make some excuse that I lost my phone or something.

As far as the voice, that one you're right. It's deep enough but I need to slow it down. I recently heard my self talk on tape and I need to slow down what I'm saying.

Hmmm perhaps it is combination of the way you speak and coming off as too aloof. Are you escalating kino on these dates you go on? A big part of attraction is the idea that the other person is attracted to you. Maybe these girls are thinking you don't want them at all....at any event, it sounds like you're on the right track to solving this thing.

Btw, downtown LB is a good place to work day game. Some pretty hot professionals are there. I can't remember the name of the area but, that trendy little place when you go south along the beach has a lot of places that are ok for day gaming too. Are you in a gym? Gym game is something I don't hear a lot of people talking about. It requires a different approach since girls are getting a lot of attention and usually just want to exercise. Also those stairs leading down to the beach are a great place to train. I was recovering from knee surgery and would go up and down them over and over and then get into the ocean this time of year. I'd make myself stay in the water for 2 mins and then get the fuck out! I met a few girls that way.

Quote: (12-05-2010 09:52 AM)wolf Wrote:  

I'm trying to find a gf, you see how much work I have to do to get laid.

An American GF, or Russian GF?
You're playing American-style game, or Russian-style game?

Have you read this book? It describes Russian-style game (of course it is in Russian). If you don't, do it. Cultural background affects your game more significantly than you think, especially in tight markets.

Quote: (12-05-2010 11:47 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Quote: (12-05-2010 09:52 AM)wolf Wrote:  

I'm trying to find a gf, you see how much work I have to do to get laid.

An American GF, or Russian GF?
You're playing American-style game, or Russian-style game?

It seems to me that I don't know either. I've never seen Russian-style game, and I don't get any so I definitely don't know American-style game either.

whichever gf gives it up first. I've dated 2 Russian girls, one kept flaking and the other I made out with. I gamed them like I do any other girl. But this was last year, where my game was pretty much nonexistent.

St. Lous? Hey, don't a lot of Bosnian people live there (like half the city)? Anyone had any experience with them?

Hello.

Quote: (12-04-2010 11:06 PM)wolf Wrote:  

The real question is who are American girls into?

I haven't seen any Russian guys have any American gf's, they will fuck them but that's it.

The only reason Russian men leave Russia is financial instability. My older Russian friends were fucking left and right in the old country. Now if they want to fuck they have to slum it, and it still doesn't guarantee that you'll get laid. The problem is good looking dudes are slumming it so the women in America know they can pretty much get any guy they want. I can get laid, if I slum it, but I have more self respect for myself than that.

I have a player friend who was screwing hotties left and right several years ago. Now in order to get laid he had to slum it, this dude is a 9. Girls even tell him he's "hot", but putting the dick in the hole is another story. The bar has been raised so high that good looks and game aren't enough anymore. You got to be god or something.

This is not funny anymore, it's sad.

You have a few options:

1) Look for lower value women (fat, single mothers). So if you try a single fat mother, you might be in.

2) Import your women. Drive to a better area and date them there. You can port them in, fcuk em, and port them back out.fcuk them and fly them back out.

Question, what race of women do you go for? Are you open to any race or do you only go for a certain type?

In punani recessive areas, beggars cannot be choosers. If you can or will not port them from outside, then you will need to try other races.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards