rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pranksters Convince Alcoholic Friend He's Been in a Coma for 10 Years

There are interventions, and then there's setting up an elaborate prank to convince your buddy he's been in a coma for ten years in an last-ditch effort to save his life
When their serial DUI-ing buddy got passed-out drunk again, Tom Mabe and Jim Clark launched what they called the "Epic Don't Drink and Drive Prank": They converted an office into a hospital room completely with persuasive medical gear and proceeded to make their friend believe he had crashed his car and was just now waking up from a ten-year coma.

I'm not entirely sure how much their prank "worked," but, at the very least, Mabe and Clark finally found a prank worth pulling.

http://gawker.com/pranksters-convince-al...1479466818

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Holy shit, you guys gotta watch that video @ the 2:50 mark. Best news cast ever. I won't leave any spoilers.

The embedded vid doesn't work, but if you click on the gawker link you can see it. Pretty epic.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

I fixed the link.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

+1 to the redneck/redpill fake news. I'll watch that 10x today.

In all honesty, I think they could have milked all their hard work a little more. I would have let him sit for a week. Or told him that he killed his whole family in a car crash.

I'm the King of Beijing!

When I black out drunk - I could be tricked into thinking I done something terrible.

But no way I would buy that I have being in a coma for ten years.

I don't think the guy in the video was convinced either.

Quote: (12-10-2013 11:59 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Holy shit, you guys gotta watch that video @ the 2:50 mark. Best news cast ever. I won't leave any spoilers.

Reminds me of the trailer park boys

"Justin Bieber's life partner, Dale Earnhardt Jr."

HAHHAHHAAHAHA

Greatest friends EVER. Even an intervention would be less work (and less shocking) than this.
For better or worse, they care about this dude.
Also, that was hilarious from beginning to end.

"The woman most eager to jump out of her petticoat to assert her rights is the first to jump back into it when threatened with a switching for misusing them,"
-Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Wouldn't he immediately have found it weird that they kept his beard trimmed at the exact same length that whole time? and that coming to from a coma felt eerily similar to waking up hungover?

Quote: (12-11-2013 12:24 AM)Jeans Wrote:  

Wouldn't he immediately have found it weird that they kept his beard trimmed at the exact same length that whole time? and that coming to from a coma felt eerily similar to waking up hungover?

He's disoriented, and he can't see himself.

Question for you guys.

There's been a bunch of threads recently about male friendships, and other blogs have put up good posts too.

At what point do you just cut someone out of your life?

We all had a laugh at that video, but surely those guys have tried to talk to him about this shit before.

Once you're at 5 DUIs, the friends must feel like they're just pounding their heads into the wall in frustration.

Where does loyalty/concern cross the line into a need to drop someone?

^ when a person is bringing you no positive value and starts effecting your life in a negative way.

Quote: (12-11-2013 02:47 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

^ when a person is bringing you no positive value and starts effecting your life in a negative way.

Spot on.

I'm the King of Beijing!

The only enjoyable portion was the fake newsreel, which was hilarious. Kudos on the girl for the great delivery. Rest of it was baloney. He's giggling through the slaps and the outrage. Combine that with the five DUIs and you have a man who won't change. If you keep trying to lead him to water, you're the idiot.

Thought you went to prison and got your license revoked for a while if you got a few of them.

Quote: (12-11-2013 08:38 AM)houston Wrote:  

Thought you went to prison and got your license revoked for a while if you got a few of them.

I was suspicious of the same thing. Having their license revoked doesn't stop a lot of people from driving, but after your third DUI, I can't imagine not ending up in prison for a while.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (12-11-2013 04:01 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (12-11-2013 08:38 AM)houston Wrote:  

I was suspicious of the same thing. Having their license revoked doesn't stop a lot of people from driving, but after your third DUI, I can't imagine not ending up in prison for a while.

My dad has his third DUI in appeal right now. If the decision is upheld, he gets 6 months. He has the option of doing 3 in an inpatient rehab facility. If he were to drive with a suspended license, the first offense would be a massive fine and an extension (meaningless when the suspension is 10 years), the second time you get a 364 (keeps you out of prison).

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.