rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best way to process credit cards?

I'm mad at my credit card processing company.

This can be through my phone or through regular phone line or whatever.

Anyone?

[Image: terminal-swipe.jpg]

Have you tried Square?

https://squareup.com/

I use costco mechant cc vendor. No problems yet...

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Quote: (12-10-2013 11:17 AM)Baphomet Wrote:  

Have you tried Square?

https://squareup.com/
They take 2.75 with the card present I think. That's high.

Payd is another option (I worked for a company that used them), but they also charge 2.75 with the card.

These a flood of apps that that go through smart phones now. But as you said they have pretty high fees. Because the barrier entry is so low, they have to make there money fast, due to the amount of risk.(atleast that's there story)

You could always temporarily process CC through paypal. I don't advise it if u already have high volume or if you are doing this as a long temp application. Mostly because during disputes they are very customer sided, vs merchant sided, I can expound on this if needed. Hope this helps

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

Quote: (12-10-2013 11:39 AM)elabayarde Wrote:  

These a flood of apps that that go through smart phones now. But as you said they have pretty high fees. Because the barrier entry is so low, they have to make there money fast, due to the amount of risk.(atleast that's there story)

You could always temporarily process CC through paypal. I don't advise it if u already have high volume or if you are doing this as a long temp application. Mostly because during disputes they are very customer sided, vs merchant sided, I can expound on this if needed. Hope this helps
Which companies are more merchant friendly? I had one dispute in 13 years in business about a month ago and freaked out pissed off but resolved it (emech style) but wasn't happy with the way the company handled it. Also they take enough money from me a month for me to buy a new Corvette which pisses me off.

Why? People are too lazy to go to the bank.

Just take personal checks. People down South are honest.

Or offer a 5% discount for paying cash. That way you bypass the credit card companies and the IR$.

Just e-mail me the card information and I'll process them for you [Image: angel.gif]

I have to work with 9 different processors on behalf of clients. I like square the most that their deposit turnaround is fast and their hassle is low, no renting a stupid machine, you can just do it all on your fancy Mac. There are no flat or mysterious charges either like account maintenance or flat fees etc. that just hide your fees until the end of the month.

Also, Ali's cash discount logic is sound...at least offer them a discount equal to your fee, like 3%.

Last, don't discount paypal. They do 3% on everything, including Amex and people can finance purchases over 6 months but you get the money right away...a great option for people who are too broke to pay for repairs.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (12-10-2013 04:06 PM)wiscanada Wrote:  

I have to work with 9 different processors on behalf of clients. I like square the most that their deposit turnaround is fast and their hassle is low, no renting a stupid machine, you can just do it all on your fancy Mac. There are no flat or mysterious charges either like account maintenance or flat fees etc. that just hide your fees until the end of the month.

Also, Ali's cash discount logic is sound...at least offer them a discount equal to your fee, like 3%.

Last, don't discount paypal. They do 3% on everything, including Amex and people can finance purchases over 6 months but you get the money right away...a great option for people who are too broke to pay for repairs.
Hmm. Square better huh? How about when the card isn't present? You know girls and beta guys need the parents to call with their card so they're not inconvenienced

Quote: (12-10-2013 04:33 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Hmm. Square better huh? How about when the card isn't present? You know girls and beta guys need the parents to call with their card so they're not inconvenienced

3.5% for card not present. They deposit funds the next day, or day after which is amazing, most places are 5 to 7 days.

Quote: (12-10-2013 04:43 PM)wiscanada Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2013 04:33 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

3.5% for card not present. They deposit funds the next day, or day after which is amazing, most places are 5 to 7 days.
I just signed up let's see and +1

Some businesses raise their prices by a few % to offset the credit card costs. If people want the convenience of paying with a card, they should carry the fee. Offering a discount for cash really is just not making the guy with a bankroll pay extra. It all evens out.

Quote: (12-10-2013 05:17 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Some businesses raise their prices by a few % to offset the credit card costs. If people want the convenience of paying with a card, they should carry the fee. Offering a discount for cash really is just not making the guy with a bankroll pay extra. It all evens out.
They freak when you that on them.

No, you hide the cost across the board. Split it between parts/costs/admin fees. That becomes your baseline biz charges, and people won't notice. The cash discount is just not charging people that pays in hundo's. Why should you pay 3.5% out of pocket for someone that's too lazy to run to the bank? They are AMOG'ing you.

Quote: (12-10-2013 05:59 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

No, you hide the cost across the board. Split it between parts/costs/admin fees. That becomes your baseline biz charges, and people won't notice. The cash discount is just not charging people that pays in hundo's. Why should you pay 3.5% out of pocket for someone that's too lazy to run to the bank? They are AMOG'ing you.
They ask you for a price before they let you fix the car. Sometimes a cash person will show up with a credit card and you can't re write the bill in front of them. Unpredictable..

I'm getting the Square and then telling people I don't take cards temporary then if they complain *Bam* I whip my phone out and charge them but will tell them they charge XXX and they're going to pay it.

Someone did try to AMOG me today though it was funny.

Quote: (12-10-2013 06:21 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2013 05:59 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

They ask you for a price before they let you fix the car. Sometimes a cash person will show up with a credit card and you can't re write the bill in front of them. Unpredictable..

I'm getting the Square and then telling people I don't take cards temporary then if they complain *Bam* I whip my phone out and charge them but will tell them they charge XXX and they're going to pay it.

Someone did try to AMOG me today though it was funny.

Most processor agreements say you can't charge users the credit card fee directly. I just bumped up my prices 3.5% to cover it and offer the cash discount if someone asks "any discount if I pay cash"

Yep. Charge the credit prices across the board and just give a discount for cash. Don't give the discount unless they ask. All prices are jacked to cover CC fees anymore, so cash buyers get fucked daily.

Some of the gas stations are starting to offer cash discounts up here again after stopping the practice for many years. It's only 3 cents per gallon, but they want to get people in the store so they buy some overpriced shit.

Give cash discounts. Standard is 5%. Anything less and people won't bother. My korean joint has a bill with two separate categories. One is regular price. One is cash discount.

This is also IRS-acceptable (because you compensate for credit card fees/hassles/etc).

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Let me know how square goes. Intuit has GoPayment, but I have no clue what their rates look live. 2.75 is high, esp. if they charge a /transaction fee on top of that.

Mobile processing will--and should--inherently charge higher %s.

I've used PowerPay for years and have never had any problems. Rates are below the industry standard too, but that also depends on your industry.

For a present card in a shop, you really shouldn't be paying above 2.2 and that's a high estimate.