rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Feedback for community inspired app!

Hi guys. Long time lurker here. I'm sorry that my first post here is about an app, but it was this forum (among others) was what inspired me to create the app in the first place, so I felt it was appropriate. I also really value the knowledge and opinions of this forum and want to gather some feedback at this critical stage of the app.

As a guy who talks to a lot of girls on a daily basis, I always wanted to use my time more efficiently. While the process of getting to know a girl is part of the enjoyment, there are only so many hours in a day. I wanted to find a way to optimize the process of picking which girls to invest your time into by gathering all our collective experience as men into 1 app.

So I got together with some college friends and created Chicklopedia, a guys-only app where you can anonymously review and view reviews of girls you know: basically crowd-sourcing knowledge on women. You can rate women on a number of categories, from personality to commitment to their performance in bed. The app also allows you to leave reviews in the form of hashtags, nothing too explicit can be allowed for legal (and moral) reasons but as long as it's light-hearted and not offensive we'll leave it up. Here's what the interface will look like:

[Image: ZuzMxdd.png]

(The "Appearance" "Personality" and "Kinkiness" categories are all composed of 5 separate factors. E.g. personality is made up of "intelligence", "humour", "commitment" etc. You can also click on the hashtags to see the full list of hashtags people have given her (the hashtags shown there are the most upvoted ones by the users)

We're all students and we initially created it for ourselves. We definitely weren't expecting such an overwhelming response. We've received a lot of interested messages and gotten a lot of press, so the pressure's on to make sure the app works well and satisfies people's expectations. For this reason, I really want to gather as much feedback as possible from people on what you think of the app, what you'd like in it, what you wouldn't like in it and just any general comments you might have.

I really appreciate you taking the time to read this, and thanks very much in advance for any feedback you might have.

Is this lulu for men?

Why not just go out and get your girls instead of rating them?

A girl's rating is self evident just by looking at her.

It's 1-10, boner test, etc.

Quote: (12-07-2013 03:25 PM)lemesphienz Wrote:  

(The "Appearance" "Personality" and "Kinkiness" categories are all composed of 5 separate factors. E.g. personality is made up of "intelligence", "humour", "commitment" etc. You can also click on the hashtags to see the full list of hashtags people have given her (the hashtags shown there are the most upvoted ones by the users)

I'd never trust the wisdom of crowds, as it usually polarises to one extreme or another. No-one else can rate these subjective qualities for me, since my conception of what makes a girl intelligent, kinky or committed would be very different to the next man. A guy could rate her 10 for 'commitment', but be unaware she was slutting around behind his back.

Lulu is simply a way for women to trivally-gossip about their favourite subject: men. The only men who would use this are the ones without the stones to approach women in real life, such as the beta orbiters on any attractive girl's facebook feed. I suppose there's enough of them you could make good money out of it, but I doubt there'd be much interest from the guys on this forum in it.

You may have a hit on your hands. As long as you can link the various social networks and dating sites, you're gold.

Take it to Bro Bible and the various frat sites.

Good job.

WIA

Man, I just thought of a great idea for this:

FUCK SOCIAL MEDIA

I sure as hell never friend girls I'm fucking, so requiring Facebook authentication means I would never use it.

Here's what you do. Instead of using facebook and all that shit, use phone numbers. When I want to research a girl, I select her from my contacts in my phone. If any reviews have been written on her already, they will come up. If Facebook allows you to search which profiles are linked with that number, the FB profile pic is displayed. If there are no previous reviews, I'd write my own. Maybe have some demographic info to make sure that people don't get mixed up. First name, last name if available, race, approximate height and body shape, interests, quirks, hobbies, and all the rest.

We all have encounters where we've fucked a girl without taking her number. But it's safe to say that for 95%+ of non-p4p notches, the guy will have her number.

You could make it like a multiple choice test just to confirm that the guy knows the girl, if your database has a match for that phone number. Eg when he selects the contact, he is given five different first names, and he'll only know the answer if he has met her.

Alternate names
Chickipedia (rhymes with Wikipedia)
Chicktionary
Pussypedia
Angel's List
House Of Broads
Fuckbook (already taken though)

Good idea. Hope it goes well for you.

You mind telling us ballpark what it cost to develop the app? I hear wild figures being thrown out for creating apps. Been curious how expensive it actually is to have an app created.

And OP, pick a less obvious name, like chicklopedia.

Charmz or something innocuous. Long term branding!