rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why You Should Use Snus

Why You Should Use Snus

And no, not Camel or Marlboro Brand, I'm talking Swedish Match Snus.

Snus, if you're unaware, is a little pouch which you put under your top lip and let sit while the tobacco absorbs. But unlike snuff which most Americans are accustomed to, snus doesn't require you to spit (you can swallow) and it is much less harmful. In fact, let's show some statistics:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1747791/

Quote:Quote:

Results: Snus is manufactured and stored in a manner that causes it to deliver lower concentrations of some harmful chemicals than other tobacco products, although it can deliver high doses of nicotine. It is dependence forming, but does not appear to cause cancer or respiratory diseases. It may cause a slight increase in cardiovascular risks and is likely to be harmful to the unborn fetus, although these risks are lower than those caused by smoking. There has been a larger drop in male daily smoking (from 40% in 1976 to 15% in 2002) than female daily smoking (34% in 1976 to 20% in 2002) in Sweden, with a substantial proportion (around 30%) of male ex-smokers using snus when quitting smoking. Over the same time period, rates of lung cancer and myocardial infarction have dropped significantly faster among Swedish men than women and remain at low levels as compared with other developed countries with a long history of tobacco use.

In that sense, Swedish Snus is probably the safest route of tobacco intake. But enough about that, let's go into what it really is.

I tried snus originally when I was in Finland while in a club, and I've probably never had that much energy in my life. Perhaps it was due to the high nicotine content, but it really gave me lively energy much more than smoking ever did. The thing about snus too is that it doesn't contain as many chemicals that kill your sex drive, like smoking, so I had no issues with that.

In terms of brands and taste, I prefer Catch. It's very light for a non-smoker, but gives you well enough buzz. I find the American style snus you can buy at the 7-11 down the street is way too sweet (and probably chemical laced), so I buy Swedish snus online (northerner.com). It's relatively cheap at around $5 a case, and there are around 20 packs in a case. You're saving a ton of money instead of smoking.

The buzz it gives me is phenomenal. Not too hyper, but just enough energy now after taking it for a while to give me a nice energy boost both while drunk or while doing work. I prefer it 1000x over having a cigarette, because it leaves no disgusting taste in my mouth, only a eucalyptus (or whatever flavor you have) taste.

So in any case, this stuff is great. But be forewarned, they have it banned in the E.U.

Why You Should Use Snus

It will fuck up your gums if you use it for a long period of time.

Why You Should Use Snus

I have a freezer full of Swedish snus. I use it in spurts, not all the time.

It is good though, it kills the craving for smokes. So its good for places when I dont like to smoke, or cant. Its a godsend for air travel.

I drove about €5000 down to Austria last year. Buy it bulk in Sweden for €2-4 and sell in Austria for €5-7. Canada its €7-9 (its legal here).

I didnt think it was illegal in Europe, just has not been approved yet. I could be wrong. None the less, a decent little hussle.

And yes, if its used a lot, your gums will begin to feel it.

Why You Should Use Snus

Quote: (12-05-2013 03:07 AM)... Wrote:  

It will fuck up your gums if you use it for a long period of time.

The key is to shift it in your gums so it doesn't do long term damage in the same spot, but yeah, I knew a girl who did 6 at one time and her gums were screwed up.

And the European Union regulated it to be illegal to sell, not take.

Why You Should Use Snus

Do they ship to Korea?