rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Easiest way to cook a delicious meat and veggies meal

Braised meat and veggies.

I've been using this basic formula a lot for myself and my guests. It's one way to make sure you get tons of veggies in your diet and they taste great. Also, it's very easy to make, and has endless variations.

[Image: braised-lamb-and-vegetables-2.jpg]

First sautee some meat. Season it with salt and peper, or anything you like really. Brown the meat. It's not important if it's cooked through or not, you'll cook it more later.

Keep the same pan with all its juices.

In the same pan, throw your veggies in chopped. Sautee them until they get a nice browning as well. Really you shouldn't need to season them because of the seasoning from the meat that stayed in the pan.

Put your meat back in the pan with the veggies once everything is brown and insert some sort of liquid to braise it all. Usually a mixture of alcohol and stock, or vinnegar and stock. Don't completely cover the meat and veggies, maybe get the liquid up to covering everything half way.

Let that braise (boil at a low temperature) until the liquid is thick and there's only a little left.

Remove the veggies and meat, and stir up the remaining sauce a little bit in the pan.

Pour the sauce over your meat and veggies, and voila, dinner is served.

A classic example:

Chicken thighs
Carrots, Onions, Garlic, Celery
White wine and Stock
Throw in some lemon juice, rosemary, and thyme to the sauce.

Something I just made:

Lamb shoulder
Kale, onion, garlic, carrots,
Apple Cider Vinnegar and Chicken Stock

You can of course throw rice, couscous, or whatever you want into this dish, if you're into that.

The best part of this is the sauce, the gravy with some acidity from the wine and vinnegar is just delicious.

undefined