rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Black Friday = Parade of idiots

It amazes me how rich/poor, republican/democrat, intelligent/dumb, gay/straight, fat/in shape...all somehow come together on this day. There is no day in the year that unifies the general public such as "Black Friday", which sounds dumb to begin with. They should at least give everyone a discount just for wearing black, considering it is Black Friday.

Probably the most annoying day of the year, bar none. Glad I do most of my shopping online. A lot of people don't even buy anything, they simply want to be part of the Black Friday experience. Monkey see, Monkey do.

I'm sure others can see the inherent stupidity of it. At least I hope so.

Americans on the whole have a really unhealthy relationship with holidays and consumerism.

Black friday is the most blatant example of this.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

It's always been one of the stupidest aspects of USA for me, even though that kind of thing happens around the world.

One thing worth noting, though, is that it has acquired a kind of an independent life through media. Even if hordes of shoppers didn't appear on that day and traffic was just about average, media would still be running idiotic stories about gargantuan sales, overwhelming consumerism, the first day that merchants turn a profit (LOL) and so on.

This is similar to the problem of sluttiness. Most women, when consequences are removed, are naturally slutty. But this has been going on so long and picked up so much steam in the media and public consciousness, that even if 90% of women started having no more than 1 sexual partner before marriage, Cosmo and Huffington Post would still continue running articles about women fucking around and sexually liberating themselves.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

It's also the proof the American economy is never truly bad. Seems as if every Black Friday breaks the records of last year's total sales.

What a dumb fucking idea/sequence of events. The night before: "let's be thankful for everything we have." The next day: "let's trample over people to save a few dollars on some material items." Fucking 'Murcia.

Thirstiness isn't specific to pussy.

Quote: (11-28-2013 04:43 AM)la_mode Wrote:  

It's also the proof the American economy is never truly bad. Seems as if every Black Friday breaks the records of last year's total sales.

Retail makes money a few days each year. Most retail outlets make the profits during the holidays.

I argue it's the opposite. Since Americans have less cash they look more for deals which is why Black Friday has taken off. It's a complete joke and it's even creeping up here in Canada which has zero ability to do anything original. We have Boxing Day, the day after Xmas where stores sell junk off cheap and Black Friday was modeled after that but in typical Canadian fashion we had to steal American ideas even after they took it from us.

Quote: (11-28-2013 04:34 AM)la_mode Wrote:  

It amazes me how rich/poor, republican/democrat, intelligent/dumb, gay/straight, fat/in shape...all somehow come together on this day. There is no day in the year that unifies the general public such as "Black Friday", which sounds dumb to begin with. They should at least give everyone a discount just for wearing black, considering it is Black Friday.

Probably the most annoying day of the year, bar none. Glad I do most of my shopping online. A lot of people don't even buy anything, they simply want to be part of the Black Friday experience. Monkey see, Monkey do.

I'm sure others can see the inherent stupidity of it. At least I hope so.

I agree too. I love hearing news about a weakened economy around christmas. Nothing makes me happier than a weak shopping season. Little suzy and timmy can't get their hundreds of useless toys. boo whoo.

I'm a total scrooge when it comes to Christmas. I hate getting gifts, recieving gifts, and having to spend time with annoying family members.

The culture around Black Friday - including the fact that most stores now open Thanksgiving Day and give employees no option but to work it - is a negative aspect of American consumerism, no doubt about it. But at the same time, I don't think people are vile for showing up or waiting in line. A lot of them are just trying to save money buying gifts.

I love it for the videos of the brawls and tramplings

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

[Image: 112320131544126.jpg]

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

On one hand I like to see more commerce happen, I like to see stores sell a lot of stuff. That benefits all. I am an advocate for black friday. On the other I am completely embarrassed of my fellow citizenry trampling and fighting one another, the stores themselves need to do a better job of crowd control, more security, etc. Stay home and take advantage of the deals online, they are just as good if not better.

I LOVE AMERICA!

This was broadcast last week.

South Park parody of Black Friday.

The only people who seem to get really excited about Black Friday and be willing to wait outside Wal-Mart for hours on end to save a few extra dollars are low-class prole types. Generally, only people who are piss poor will get excited and hysterical about the prospect of saving some money...

See the interview clip from the South Park episode above - these 30 seconds really capture it all:

Here are my thoughts:

When you are young and have your whole life ahead of you, the world is full of possibilities. You have potential an life is about hopes and dreams.

As some people get older, however, they start to close off more and more possibilities until the day comes web all they have left is their big screen TV, their PS3 and dreams of a bigger TV and a PS 4. These are the guys who have to buy their wives crappy jewelry to keep them in love and buy their kids crappy toys to keep them quiet.

Don't get me wrong. I like my TV and I love a quiet night at home with a good movie. I like to buy gifts for the people that I love. That's not what my life is about, though. I'm still dreaming. I'm still full of potential. And for that, I am thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving, RVF! Keep dreaming. And stay the fuck away from Black Friday!

Black Friday is Americas version of the Running of the Bulls.

Spain:

[Image: attachment.jpg15624]   

U.S.:

[Image: attachment.jpg15625]   

Spain:

[Image: attachment.jpg15626]   

U.S.:

[Image: attachment.jpg15627]   

Quote:Quote:

[Image: attachment.jpg15627]

The facial expression of the fattie in the green shirt on the right made me LOL.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Unable to go this year, but i have before when i was younger.

I never waited, merely got up and went on my own time. Don't tell me that you would pass up a hot item on the cheap, especially one you wanted. Again, moderation. Nothing is wrong with YOU using YOUR MONEY on what YOU want.

There are some good deals out there. Most of the legit companies don't really do deals. It seems like Macy's and Norstroms have sales that only apply to in store brands. Anytime I want to get Polo the sale or coupon never applies to then.
I feel like people who go hard on Friday still end up buying more later on. That Christmas spirit urges them to shop more which leads to more spending.

I don't think Black Friday is the problem.

There are some good hotel/resort discounts Along with electronics.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Black Friday also = Parade of Pussy.

"Oh no! Here comes another Days of Broken Arrows 'mall game' post!"

I recently posted in the game section about running mall game on women the night before Thanksgiving. I'll extend that idea here to cover the whole holiday shopping season.

It's very easy to be cynical about this time of year and how people behave. It's also easy to meet women because:

1). Lots of 'em are out and about.

2). The single ones desperately don't want to be alone this time of year.

3). They're very open to convos if you're in line with them or somehow around them.

I remember being around 23-24 and sitting on a bench in a massively crowded shopping mall on Black Friday weekend. Lines at the store I wanted to get something in were long so I took a break to eat a pretzel.

Some old guy sat down next to me. Girls kept walking by. More girls walked by. Finally he turned to me with a sly smile and said "Kinda makes your head hurt after a while, don't it?" Then he started giving a (hilarious) running commentary on the various women that passed by saying smart-ass things like "Damn look at that. If I were your age I'd get up now. Don't even finish the pretzel -- go after that, boy!"

His wife eventually came and got him. But he had made his point.

I'll end it there. But one helpful hint: if you're out shopping at a bookstore with a coffeeshop and don't know how to make an approach in line, asking for a spare nickel (or a few spare pennies) works wonders. If the girl is single and amused, you can say you absolutely need her number to repay your massive debt.

The ridiculousness behind it, waiting in line cheering like you're at the super bowl is what makes it annoying.

The "deals" are typically fair market price, you can find them online if you look hard enough.

I actually think more people go simply to go be part of the "hoopla" than anything else.

Old carny saying - "Nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd."

Every culture needs its rituals. For some, Black Friday shopping has become one.

When all-imposing Christianity left, something had to take its place. Not surprisingly, those who stand to make money on the rituals they make.. invent rituals (modern versions of mother's day, father's day, valentine's day, christmas). I think Easter is the only non-consumerism holiday left, but who non-Christian really celebrates that in the US? 4th of July?

That some stores are forcing Thanksgiving day opening hours proves my above point. Old rituals being displaced. Football is also taking over Thanksgiving day for many ($ for the NFL).

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?