rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bacne

Tried searching for some Bacne threads and realized there wasn't any, so I decided to start this thread.

I've had bacne for many years now, it's not that bad, meaning that is not scattered all over my back, just the top right area near my rear deltoid.

However I sure do get comments everytime someone sees my back without a shirt on, and I really want to get rid of it.

Anyone had any successful bacne experiences? What methods did your try? What worked and what didn't?

Bacne

I had it from about 17 to 23. I never really found a cure it has just seemed to go away for myself as I've gotten older or maybe it's because I don't eat fast food everyday like I used to.

Bacne

Glycolic acid really clears mine up.

http://store.acne.org/single-items/aha/1...cochalcone

Bacne

A lot of skin problems are psychosomatic... Relax, be well, eat well and not too much, stop drinking sugary drinks, take some serious sun on your back (without burning, man), it can go away just like that.

Bacne

Go out in the sun with no shirt so they can dry out. Use your face wash on your back when the shower.

Bacne

to add to Houston - no shirt or tanning bed to dry out plus bombard your skin with some UV rays

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Bacne

Quote: (11-22-2013 12:37 AM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Anyone had any successful bacne experiences? What methods did your try? What worked and what didn't?

I used to get terrible bacne. It was never clear to me whether it was triggered by stress, or whether it was just me wearing too many layers in winter time.

Now I use a salicylic acid wash on my back every time I shower and I have no more bacne problems. You can get that stuff on the cheap at CVS.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"

Bacne

There are these dead sea salt sellers at malls.

I bought some once and used it on my face acne. It burned like hell and was miserable.

The next day, it started healing up. A few days later I was clear.

Tried it on my back and the same thing. I'd get some sea salt scrub and try that. Don't waste too much money on the dead sea salt stuff. Just get some super exfoliate.

Bacne

Eat fish oil capsules and avoid grain (and possibly dairy). Take cold showers instead of hot showers.

Bacne

Weirdly enough I have acne only on my face but never had it on my back.
Try benzoyl peroxide, take a Zinc Supplement and drink at least a gallon of water a day.

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
-Socrates

Bacne

Had bacne since I was 15, tried all topical stuff people/doctors recommend, doctor prescribed zinc.

After several years and excessive scarring, I went to a doctor and straight up told her that I have had enough. She prescribed 15mg isotetorin and 2 x 100 mg minocycline a day, acne is a far off thing, i dont even have oily pores/whiteheads now without using any xyz wash.
unfortunately the scars are here to stay until I save up cash some to get rid of them

Bacne

I used to have it, but as soon as I stopped drinking milk, it cleared right up.

Something to do with cows being kept constantly pregnant to keep their milk supply going, and the pregnancy hormones staying present in the milk, apparently. I don't know how accurate that is, but surely cutting down on bovine pregnancy hormones can't be a bad thing.

Bacne

Quote: (11-22-2013 05:00 PM)BishesMyron Wrote:  

Had bacne since I was 15, tried all topical stuff people/doctors recommend, doctor prescribed zinc.

After several years and excessive scarring, I went to a doctor and straight up told her that I have had enough. She prescribed 15mg isotetorin and 2 x 100 mg minocycline a day, acne is a far off thing,

and so will be your liver.

You're hurting your liver man, taking this medicine, or so I think. Ask a MD about long-term side-effects...

Bacne

Quote: (11-22-2013 09:45 AM)Hades Wrote:  

Eat fish oil capsules and avoid grain (and possibly dairy). Take cold showers instead of hot showers.

I could give those fish oil capsules a try, but avoid dairy and grain...? That seems like a very difficult task. No milk, bread....?

@Ziltoid: That Glycolic Acid looks pretty interesting, very nice. Do you always buy online? Do they ship to Asia?

Bacne

I used to have this issue, still a bit but it's cleared up immensely in the past couple months. In my teenage years, I did not struggle with acne on my face - the occasional pimple or two. I chalk that up to good genes. My back had been a different story for a few years. While not terrible, it was still clear that I had a bacne issue.

I grew into a pretty rough lactose intolerance at the beginning of puberty and never completely kicked the habit. It may actually be a casein protein intolerance, but regardless, I continued to eat cheese and other dairy products on occasion while completely avoiding milk / ice cream. This allowed me to mostly avoid stomach issues, but the bacne persisted and I had no idea why. Recently, I completely cut out any and all dairy militantly and my bacne has nearly disappeared.

So if you don't have any real acne issues and bacne seems to be an anomaly for you, look into adjusting your diet.

Bacne

I was on Accutane for a few months before the homicidal rages threatened to break free. Then I switched to a typical cream which finished off my problem.

It took me a year to level out emotionally. My skin looked great tho!

Bacne

FretDancer:

After reading your post in http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-26611-...pid585678, i read this bacne thread.

I had acne all over my face, back between about 14 years and 30 years - and probably some of this has to do with the hormones at that age. Also, I had a standard american diet (SAD) - well which was really eat anything in moderation. I think that SAD has gotten even worse in the past 10 years or so b/c there are more GMO, more processed foods, more ingredients that just are NOT disclosed.

I recognize that you are NOT in the USA, yet the problem is similar in other parts of the world in the increasing prevalence in substituting Corn, soy and wheat into various products.

Some members in this thread have suggested a kind of a paleo direction in your diet - well in essence cutting down carbs and processed foods (foods that convert to sugars). You say that you are going to cut down on milk, and possibly that can also be helpful, yet sometimes you may want to consider the kind of milk that you currently drink and whether you are drinking low fat versions. IN that regard, you may still be o.k with some milk products, but just the higher fat versions (and probably the sugar conversion is the more important aspect of the milk - if it is low fat, then it more readily converts to sugar in your blood and likely you also will absorb the other growth hormones and other impurities in the low fat versions). Personally, I doubt that your acne is caused from any one product, but may be a combination of youth hormones of your body and also varying products that are increasing your blood sugars such as eating processed foods.

As others have suggested, including Arg Expert, I would hesitate in moving toward solutions involving drugs, unless you have first tried lessening your ingestion of some of the sugar inducing foods. Also, I like the idea of getting direct sunlight exposure of at least 30 minutes a day, if you can....

Bacne

Lots of advice here

truth is Acne is caused by bacteria and other factors

The most effective way to get rid of back acne is to get a doctor prescription for some anti biotics

One month and the acne is gone

valhalla

Bacne

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Bacne

Get some sun on your back if not possible use a sunbed

Bacne

Wash your sheets often, at least once a week.

Put on Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% twice a day... very liberally (though start a bit light until your skin gets used to it). You can get a huge tube for cheap at acne.org: http://store.acne.org/single-items/treatment

You'll notice an improvement by the second week.

Bacne

I started using cetophil on my bacne when i shower and it definitely helped. I do have some ugly scarring still, it should fade over time.

I tried cutting dairy out of my diet and that didn't do anything.

washing your sheets weekly is a good idea

Bacne

The first thing that helped me was a doctor-prescribed antibiotic (NOT accutane, it was something like Amoxicillin). The antibiotic was very effective. I was clear in a month, with minimal side effects besides a little digestive issues at first. However a couple of years after I stopped taking the antibiotic, the acne came back and was as bad as ever.

I started drinking an entire bottle of kefir (yogurt) every day. Gradually the acne went away and it hasn't come back even though I don't drink kefir much anymore. I have no idea if the drink made a difference or not.

I never tried Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%. I tried 10% and I think maybe a 5% variety which might have had some effect but might have been placebo. According to reports, having the right ratio of BP is critical to avoid irritation leading to more acne. But again I never verified. I know people who've had success with Proactiv which is a whole regimen but does include BP 2.5%.

Bacne

I got this tonight, have been getting zits on the back of my neck for a long time. I noticed my dress shirts get really dirty around the collar after one or two wears, and get ruined if I dont wash them immediately after a single wear. I bought this at random tonight, but based on the reviews I am a little worried now..

http://www.neutrogena.com/product/neutro...ne+wash.do

[Image: 6802029_320x385.jpg]

Bacne

Quote: (11-22-2013 10:36 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Quote: (11-22-2013 09:45 AM)Hades Wrote:  

I could give those fish oil capsules a try, but avoid dairy and grain...? That seems like a very difficult task. No milk, bread....?

@Ziltoid: That Glycolic Acid looks pretty interesting, very nice. Do you always buy online? Do they ship to Asia?

Not "none", just less. I have had good weight loss results and my skin cleared up when I cut grain and dairy down to about once or twice a week. Just now I had a pizza and a few beers.

My guess is that sufficient omega 3 fatty acids will help a lot. You can try eating one can of canned mackerel or a few tins of sardines once a week to supplement it.