rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Camille Paglia Interview

Camille Paglia Interview

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/11/16/camil...e-culture/

Best part is where she states that women have had a male version of "success" held up as the ideal for women as well.

Some Red Pill here.

Camille Paglia Interview

I fucks with a lot of things Paglia says. She actually wasn't bad looking in her younger (much younger) days, though she is a bit narcissistic. She likes to compare herself to Madonna. I agree with majority of what she says about modern pop culture.

Camille Paglia Interview

Wow. She actually had some interesting things to say. Her answers seemed pretty honest and insightful, and actually reinforces some of the points made here on the forum.

"Women are being told “you are future leaders.” Meanwhile, we are more than our jobs. One reason Sex and the City was such an enormous hit is that it expressed something that feminism won’t admit: we don’t know what we want. We don’t know if we want children or not. My generation produced the sexual revolution and your generation is stuck figuring out how it’s going to work."

I'm going to look for more of her stuff. Thanks for posting JimNortanFan

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Camille Paglia Interview

Camile is great, she intellectually crushes Lindy West types.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Camille Paglia Interview

Quote: (11-21-2013 05:11 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

Camile is great, she intellectually crushes Lindy West types.

If Lindy West is comparable to Keith Olbermann/Bill O'Reilly, Paglia is like Nassim Taleb. Forget about being in the same ballpark, Pagila is playing a different sport compared to these Jizzabel solipists.

Camille Paglia Interview

This was a good read. Very few times lately has a lady made me go "yuuuup". The line about hacking University to allow women to allow women to start families was great and also the next part on having people with kids and families as a real dynamic in schools was brilliant. Petty school groups whom just want to have tranny dance parties would loose credibility overnight if that were the new realty of University.

It would be interesting to catch that Munk Debate video. They have done a good job of paring PC/conventional views versus the unorthodox/realistic camp. The only criteria is that your at leat relevant on a mass scale. Neil ferguson instead of a guy like Peter Shieff for instance.

Camille Paglia Interview

"Camille Paglia: A Feminist Defense of Masculine Virtues"

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10...2857012920

Quote:Quote:

Ms. Paglia argues that the softening of modern American society begins as early as kindergarten. "Primary-school education is a crock, basically. It's oppressive to anyone with physical energy, especially guys," she says, pointing to the most obvious example: the way many schools have cut recess. "They're making a toxic environment for boys. Primary education does everything in its power to turn boys into neuters."

She is not the first to make this argument, as Ms. Paglia readily notes. Fellow feminist Christina Hoff Sommers has written about the "war against boys" for more than a decade. The notion was once met with derision, but now data back it up: Almost one in five high-school-age boys has been diagnosed with ADHD, boys get worse grades than girls and are less likely to go to college.

Ms. Paglia observes this phenomenon up close with her 11-year-old son, Lucien, whom she is raising with her ex-partner, Alison Maddex, an artist and public-school teacher who lives 2 miles away. She sees the tacit elevation of "female values"—such as sensitivity, socialization and cooperation—as the main aim of teachers, rather than fostering creative energy and teaching hard geographical and historical facts.

By her lights, things only get worse in higher education. "This PC gender politics thing—the way gender is being taught in the universities—in a very anti-male way, it's all about neutralization of maleness." The result: Upper-middle-class men who are "intimidated" and "can't say anything. . . . They understand the agenda." In other words: They avoid goring certain sacred cows by "never telling the truth to women" about sex, and by keeping "raunchy" thoughts and sexual fantasies to themselves and their laptops.

Politically correct, inadequate education, along with the decline of America's brawny industrial base, leaves many men with "no models of manhood," she says. "Masculinity is just becoming something that is imitated from the movies. There's nothing left. There's no room for anything manly right now." The only place you can hear what men really feel these days, she claims, is on sports radio. No surprise, she is an avid listener. The energy and enthusiasm "inspires me as a writer," she says, adding: "If we had to go to war," the callers "are the men that would save the nation."

Camille Paglia Interview

Isn't she herself neutering her own son by raising him with another female? Or because she has a more masculine logical mind perhaps it doesn't matter.

Camille Paglia Interview

Camille is alright but there's a lot of dyke hamster going on here (someone please find a :dyke hamster: gif -- it's a challenge that I think would give even Tuth some pause).

She's a dyke who loves manly men, which is all well and good. But she can't see that all this chatter about the "obsolescence of men" because of the "transition away from a manufacturing economy" is pure idiocy. Even if all manufacturing were gone tomorrow and replaced by robots, men would be more necessary than ever. Why? Because men are smarter and you need men to figure out the shit that really keeps things humming. You want to design the nanobots that are going to scour your bloodstream and kill every last cancer cell? Guess what, Rihanna or Lindy West are not going to make it happen.

So all these dyke manual labor and manufacturing fantasies are completely beside the point. The truth is that as technological progress accelerates men become more important than ever -- it's the brilliant and patient betas who will do the math and design the carbon tubes. And they won't be duped into white-knighting forever, though they will for a long time yet.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Camille Paglia Interview

Refreshing point of view from a feminist, thoroughly enjoyed both the articles linked in here.

Camille Paglia Interview

The 1995 Playboy interview with Paglia is also fun:

"Lesbianism is increasing since anxious, unmasculine men have little to offer."

I'm absolutely a feminist. The reason other feminists don't like me is that I criticize the movement, explaining that it needs a correction. Feminism has betrayed women, alienated men and women, replaced dialogue with political correctness. PC feminism has boxed women in. The idea that feminism--that liberation from domestic prison--is going to bring happiness is just wrong. Women have advanced a great deal, but they are no happier. The happiest women I know are not those who are balancing their careers and families, like a lot of my friends are. The happiest people I know are the women--like my cousins--who have a high school education, got married immediately graduating and never went to college. They are very religious and they never question their Catholicism. They do not regard the house as a prison.

I look at my friends who are on the fast track. They are desperate, frenzied and frazzled, the most unhappy women who have ever existed. They work nights and weekends and have no lives. Some of them have children who are raised by nannies.

What I'm doing is pointing out the bind the women's movement has created not only for women but for the culture as well. Children are abandoned. There is no doubt that it's better for kids to have contact with mothers for those early years. When I go to work in the morning, I see black women and Hispanic women pushing strollers filled with rich, white babies. These women provide the best human contact that those kids have. So we have gone back to the mammy. It's Gone With the Wind again.

The reason women earn less than men is that women don't want the dirty jobs. They aren't picking up the garbage, taking the janitorial jobs and so on. They aren't taking the sales commission jobs that require you to work all night and on weekends. Most women like clean, safe offices, which is why they are still secretaries. They don't want to get too dirty. Also, women want offices to be nice, happy places. What bullshit. The women's movement is rooted in the belief that we don't even need men. All it will take is one natural disaster to prove how wrong that is. Then, the only thing holding this culture together will be masculine men of the working class. The cultural elite--women and men--will be pleading for the plumbers and the construction workers. We are such a parasitic class.

I also learned something from the men at the garage. At Bennington, I would go to a faculty meeting and be aware that everyone hated me. The men were appalled by a strong, loud woman. But I went to this auto shop and the men there thought I was cute. "Oh, there's that Professor Paglia from the college." The real men, men who work on cars, find me cute. They are not frightened by me, no matter how loud I am. But the men at the college were terrified because they are eunuchs, and I threatened every goddamned one of them.

Can't we make Paglia a honorary RVF member?

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Camille Paglia Interview

Great article, thanks for sharing! Camille Paglia is pretty much on the money and a friend of many aims of the manosphere.

Camille Paglia Interview

And here's another good interview with her:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10...2857012920

Camille Paglia Interview

I think she said something like the reason there is no female Beethoven is the reason there is no female Hitler, or along those lines.

Camille Paglia Interview

Quote: (12-29-2013 02:38 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

I think she said something like the reason there is no female Beethoven is the reason there is no female Hitler, or along those lines.

Also the reason why there's less female retards. Male intelligence tends to the extremes, female intelligence hovers around the centre.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Camille Paglia Interview

Camille Paglia says the kind of statements that would get a manosphere writer blasted as misogynistic if she didn't have her academic credentials and wasn't a lesbian.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Camille Paglia Interview

Quote: (12-29-2013 10:17 AM)runsonmagic Wrote:  

Camille Paglia says the kind of statements that would get a manosphere writer blasted as misogynistic if she didn't have her academic credentials and wasn't a lesbian.

She stills gets blasted. She has resurfaced a bit as late and the criticism has been visibly stronger than it had been in the past.

"Equality may perhaps be a right, but no power on earth can ever turn it into a fact."

"Want him to be more of a man? Try being more of a woman!"

"It is easier to be a lover than a husband, for the same reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day, than to say bright things from time to time."

Balzac, Physiology of Marriage

Camille Paglia Interview

Flavius it sounds like you are being a dick to the door girl. Are you famous and expect everyone to know who you are? I believe you are trolling [Image: troll.gif]

Camille Paglia Interview

Saw this quote by Camille today. I love this dyke!

In your view, what’s wrong with American feminism today, and what can it do to improve?

After the great victory won by my insurgent, pro-sex, pro-fashion wing of feminism in the 1990s, American and British feminism has amazingly collapsed backward again into whining, narcissistic victimology. As in the hoary old days of Gloria Steinem and her Stalinist cohorts, we are endlessly subjected to the hackneyed scenario of history as a toxic wasteland of vicious male oppression and gruesome female suffering. College campuses are hysterically portrayed as rape extravaganzas where women are helpless fluffs with no control over their own choices and behavior. I am an equal opportunity feminist: that is, I call for the removal of all barriers to women's advance in the professional and political realms. However, I oppose special protections for women, which I reject as demeaning and infantilizing. My principal demand (as I have been repeating for nearly 25 years) is for colleges to confine themselves to education and to cease their tyrannical surveillance of students' social lives. If a real crime is committed, it must be reported to the police. College officials and committees have neither the expertise nor the legal right to be conducting investigations into he said/she said campus dating fiascos. Too many of today's young feminists seem to want hovering, paternalistic authority figures to protect and soothe them, an attitude I regard as servile, reactionary and glaringly bourgeois. The world can never be made totally safe for anyone, male or female: there will always be sociopaths and psychotics impervious to social controls. I call my system "street-smart feminism": there is no substitute for wary vigilance and personal responsibility.

Take care of those titties for me.

Camille Paglia Interview

This is a great new interview with Paglia:

She's a lesbian and makes an interesting point about transgenderism today. She says she probably would have made a grave mistake if she was growing up today since she would have interpreted her lesbianism as transgenderism and would have tried to become a man.

Some quotes:

"Teenage boys... run in packs.They have brief season of exhilarating liberty between control by their mothers & control by their wives."

"There is no female Mozart because there is no female Jack the Ripper."

"When I cross ...any of America's great bridges, I think: men have done this. Construction is a sublime male poetry."

"Leaving sex to feminists is like letting your dog vacation at the taxidermist.”

Take care of those titties for me.

Camille Paglia Interview

Camille Paglia is intentionally provocative and I can't help but nod along with much of what she says. I read her piece The Modern Campus Cannot Comprehend Evil and was blown away that a feminist would write things like "Despite hysterical propaganda about our “rape culture,” the majority of campus incidents being carelessly described as sexual assault are not felonious rape (involving force or drugs) but oafish hookup melodramas."

I picked up a used copy of her book Sex, Art, and American Culture. She definitely does not fit the mold of the contemporary feminist.

Camille Paglia Interview

I can listen to Camille for hours. I'm reading Sexual Personae right now

Camille Paglia Interview

I can't not love Paglia. In eight minutes she covers some of her favorite subjects:

- toxic school environment for boys
- apprentice system for the trades (echoing Mike Rowe)
- neutered men at Yale, nanny administrators, inert faculties

As usual, a transcript doesn't capture the performance; her energy and anger builds in the second half. The voice, the gestures. What other high-energy 70-year-old, stream-of-consciousness speaker have we seen recently?

Camille Paglia Interview

Quote: (04-23-2017 01:15 AM)ElFlaco Wrote:  

I can't not love Paglia. In eight minutes she covers some of her favorite subjects:

- toxic school environment for boys
- apprentice system for the trades (echoing Mike Rowe)
- neutered men at Yale, nanny administrators, inert faculties

As usual, a transcript doesn't capture the performance; her energy and anger builds in the second half. The voice, the gestures. What other high-energy 70-year-old, stream-of-consciousness speaker have we seen recently?

One thing I noticed about her is that she hasn't forgotten her roots. For those who don't know much about Camille Paglia's background, she is an Italian-American who was born and raised briefly in Endicott, New York. Back then, the majority of the Italians who immigrated from Italy that settled in Endicott worked for either Endicott-Johnson Shoe Company or IBM. Also, a lot of them opened up their own businesses (restaurants, meat markets, etc.) or were mobsters. The town was predominantly Italian-Americans for many, many years until the mid-1990's.

(I was born in Endicott, but my family moved one town over so I am pretty familiar with the area and history.)

Camille Paglia Interview

Quote: (04-23-2017 10:16 AM)budoslavic Wrote:  

One thing I noticed about her is that she hasn't forgotten her roots. For those who don't know much about Camille Paglia's background, she is an Italian-American

You can see that in the way she uses gesture to punctuate speech and her constant use of the filler 'okay?', reminiscent of the Italian-American 'capiche'. She attributes her combativeness to her Italian-American roots. I once heard her talk about how she started a fist fight with a fellow faculty member. No contrition.

The following rant starts just after the two-minute mark:

Young people are being given a very censored vision of history where all the atrocities and barbarities from world history, the rise and fall of empires, you know, it's all concealed from them, okay? Everything is about the present and adapting them to the present, so the environment is absolutely imprisoning for young men, okay?, young men who have a lot of energy, okay? Their natural energy is being constrained in the classroom for the efficiency of this mechanism. It's one thing if they're learning something but they're aren't, okay?, so I really want people to be thinking much more about vocational training, vocational classes where people are doing things, getting out of those prison cells of the classroom, alright, because throughout history, young men have been at the age of 11 or 12, young men in the great age of sailing ships were off, they were always off on the ships. You could do all kinds of thing. You could do apprentice to your father. You'd be doing things by the time you're a teenager. Now we keep everybody in this, like if you're gonna be a, coming from a bourgeois, professional family, you have to like go into a, get into a good school and like march, march, march along in these little prison cells and so on, alright. So no wonder everyone's neurotic, why people are doping themselves, half the professional is on meds, you know, and so on. Poisons! Poisons! Made in China! All contaminated with lead! No! ... I always say: drink beer, beer, wine! The ancient beverages and so on.