rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stylish coats for winter

Stylish coats for winter

Hi ! I will experience soon a harsh winter...but I've been looking in clothes stores and there are anything in "the middle",I mean:

*Warm coats with their style is awful..its kinda of what u uso to go fishing.

*Stylish coats but don't have enough fur and linning/cover inside..

where did u buy stylish coats?could u put a photo of how does it looks like?

greetings [Image: wink.gif]

Stylish coats for winter

Here is where I usually get my coat every year. I'm not sure about shipping to your country but it may give you some ideas.

http://www.lastcall.com/His/Apparel/Jack...rawer=true

Stylish coats for winter

There's a huge range of outerwear at }&season=X]Yoox and a 40% sale on for the moment.

Stylish coats for winter

Go with a Pea coat.
They are actually warm and look masculine at the same time.

This is the style I'm referring to.

Pea Coats

Stylish coats for winter

If I lived somewhere cold, this:

[Image: frazier_628x434.jpg]

Stylish coats for winter

Quote: (11-20-2013 12:10 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

Go with a Pea coat.

Pea Coats

I recommend peacoats as well. Get a military surplus peacoat if you can -- those suckers are warm. Some of the peacoats you'll find at retailers are actually pretty thin and not warm at all.

P.s. a bridge coat is a peacoat that extends to your knees. It will keep you warmer, but I think the peacoat looks sharper.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"

Stylish coats for winter

Yeah, I run into this problem as well. Looking stylish in the cold can be a tough gig. Luckily where I'll be living, pretty much everyone just wears snowboard jackets, but I'm gonna get something fly anyways to 1 up them. My boy just got a super fly jacket, and it was actually from guess, I was surprised. Not that guess is terrible, but this jacket was on another level. I think I'm going to get it because this kid lives in Vegas, I'll be in CO. It didn't look super warm, but warm enough.

Stylish coats for winter

My first image hit when I searched "bridge coat"

[Image: JK277.jpg]

Now that's a serious panty-dropper. I can practically smell the bourbon from here!

Stylish coats for winter

As with suits and shoes, something that is expensive and fits perfectly.

If you shop at Burlington Coat Factory or Target this is not possible.

I suggest budgeting $600 on the low end. You can get designer brands for a discount online but may have sizing issues so make sure its returnable.

Stylish coats for winter

I'm a fan of the Belstaff Road Master. I got one last year but returned it because I live in LA and would wear it like once every 2-3 years, plus I had a jacket that was too similar to it anyway.

http://www.belstaff.com/THE+ROADMASTER+J...US,pd.html

They come with different linings I believe. If the price scares you I actually bought mine on MR. Porter on sale for like $240.

Stylish coats for winter

Go with a Pea coat.

Pea Coats

this is the ideal style im looking for!

now the point is to find one of them who is well full of cover inside...have u found anything with that characteristics?

Stylish coats for winter

I've got a few nice duffle coats, pea coats, blazers which I interchange throughout the winter months.

Stylish coats for winter

Belstaff is the business but not warm enough for a Canadian winter.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Stylish coats for winter

what I am wearing now, get a lot of compliments, will last for years.

[Image: 783N_NAVY?$bbenlarged$]

Stylish coats for winter

Quote: (11-22-2013 06:34 AM)Petrosius Wrote:  

Go with a Pea coat.

Pea Coats

now the point is to find one of them who is well full of cover inside...have u found anything with that characteristics?

Express (US) has them. Not the longest lasting, but stylish and affordable.

Stylish coats for winter

I got a pea coat from american eagle that has held up for more than a year. You will have to wear a scarf if it gets cold though and some sort of hat for rain.

Stylish coats for winter

I might be in the minority here...but double-breasted peacoats of men look like borderline drag too often, especially the longer ones.

The only cool coat on the market is a leather motorcycle jacket.

Stylish coats for winter

Quote: (11-24-2013 01:06 AM)la_mode Wrote:  

I might be in the minority here...but double-breasted peacoats of men look like borderline drag too often, especially the longer ones.

The only cool coat on the market is a leather motorcycle jacket.

why it look like borderline drag?

Stylish coats for winter

Sporting this currently:
[Image: FW10_35C-Bloodshed-L4.jpg]

I have a pea coat as well but it's not warm enough for Finnish winter.

Stylish coats for winter

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-26506.html

Stylish coats for winter

Quote: (11-22-2013 06:34 AM)Petrosius Wrote:  

Go with a Pea coat.

Pea Coats

@Petrosius... I spent the other night trying on pea coats, probably 12-15 different brands. The ones that are heavily lined enough to keep you warm in a Lithuanian winter will make you look like the characters from South Park if you're a fairly big man like me (100 kg), and if you're thin, they'll make you look boxy. Either way, they sacrifice style for warmth. The pea coats that I really liked were fairly thin and had an athletic cut that didn't make me look boxy in the midsection. These would be fine for spring and fall in Lithuania, but wouldn't give you what you need in winter. For colder weather, I like a good charcoal grey cashmere topcoat. There are also some good examples of winter coats at the link in Ali's post #20.

Here is a picture of the coat I like the best out of maybe 20 I tried on:

[Image: showimage.aspx%3Fgid%3D1262571%26ppid%3D...2C0%2C0%2C]

Here is the link if the picture doesn't show up.

It seemed a little bit understated and plain when I first saw it, but when I tried it on, it conformed well to my body and looked really sharp. Throw a nice royal blue, navy, dark red, or purple cashmere scarf over the top of it, and you'll be good to go. Like with everything, getting a good fit and accessorizing well will go a long way toward looking your best.

The salesman I talked to also pointed something out to me, that for being of northern European descent, the charcoal grey looked better on me than the black, even though the difference was pretty subtle when I first looked at it. YMMV.

Michael Kors also had one that I liked pretty well in the same price range ~$300

Stylish coats for winter

[Image: hugo-boss-black-chester-buttonfront-coat..._flex.jpeg]

Stylish coats for winter

Levi's Trucker Jackets, coupled with a thick sweater, look like a fine and affordable option. Especially if you're going for more of a rugged look.

Makes me think I shouldn't have spent so much on Barbour. On that note, people like to recommend Orvis and Filson as well, but I wouldn't know.

Stylish coats for winter

Certain Canada Goose Jackets are nice. Extremely warm too.

Check out their website

Stylish coats for winter

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/12/21...-dressing/