rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What you eat for breakfast

Not sure if there's already a thread on this. I remember something similar a while back but couldn't find anything on it..

Anyways, breakfast is one of those things that most people have a routine for as opposed to lunch or dinner (or even snacks), which tend to vary daily. I'm interested in what you guys eat for breakfast everyday, and how it relates to your lifestyle--ie. do you sit in an office all day and hit the gym once or twice a week or do you do manual labor all day and hit the gym after?

As for me, I work afternoons/nights and the job is moderately labor intensive. I usually wake up around 10 and make a breakfast that consists of 4-6 strips of bacon, 2-3 large fried eggs, 2 pieces of fruit (usually banana and whatever is in season), a cup of yogurt, a cup of coffee, and a cup of milk to down my multiple vitamins.

MVs include vitamin E, D, B, Zinc, and Omega 3. Sometimes I throw in C if there's something going around.

I hit the gym/box either before work around 12, or later at 6 if I'm off work, usually 4-5 times a week.

I'm of the opinion that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A good breakfast in the morning starts everything off right and gives you the energy and drive to be productive during the days.

I used to eat a 'power breakfast':

Now I tend to eat 4 free range large eggs, on two slices of wholemeal bread with a bit of mayonnaise.

Both are good options, with oats being great for you, as well as eggs. Maybe a combination of these two would be best.[/php]

nothing, you could call it intermittent fasting

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

2 scoops of whey + water.

I've been using it as a quick and easy low cal protein source while cutting weight for the past ~7 months.

6 strips of bacon. glass of OJ. one thing of greek yogurt mixed with nuts. Protein shake. Shot of ACV. Multivitamin and 50g of Zinc. Somewhere in the realm of 700 calories and 50 grams of protein plenty of vitamins and enough zinc to maintain a healthy reserve of solid 6-ropers.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

I only have some toast and fruit, keep it minimal. I have a 25 minute commute to work on mornings now so I can't have a food coma on the way to the office. I actually gained 20 bad pounds eating a big breakfast again (I started this habit after an EE gal from the past made me breakfast for an entire week lol) because of the car sitting, etc etc. Thankfully I shed those 20lbs again.

Even if I ate a bigger breakfast in the mornings now, I would still be hungry for lunch and dinner. I think a big breakfast is essential for growing kids...but as you get older with shittier late 20's metabolism, then I think it's best to avoid big portion in the mornings. I dunno everybody's body is different.

Quote: (11-16-2013 07:57 PM)yb13 Wrote:  

I think a big breakfast is essential for growing kids...but as you get older with shittier late 20's metabolism, then I think it's best to avoid big portion in the mornings. I dunno everybody's body is different.

I would agree. Once your past your growth years and are not involved in any type of body building activities, there is no need for "the most important meal of the day."

For the average person a light breakfast snack is enough.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

greek yoghurt+chopped banana/apple+mixed nuts

I've been eating meat and potatoes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a few weeks now. Stew is great in this cold weather.

4 eggs and 3 strips of bacon (XXL Eggs) (uncured natural bacon of course)
Fat and cholesterol are the building blocks of testosterone

Beast Mode Must Live in in Perpetuity !

regular weekdays a scoop of casein and 50mg of zinc. when I have time, like a weekend, the works, eggs, ham, sliced peppers, some pinto beans, an avocado, coffee

Typically 3 whole eggs, a cup of oatmeal, a fruit(usually blueberries or an apple), and 3 or 4 strips of turkey bacon.

Quote: (11-16-2013 09:49 PM)KingJamesXXIII Wrote:  

4 eggs and 3 strips of bacon (XXL Eggs) (uncured natural bacon of course)

Canadian Bacon?

I find men deal a lot with routine breakfasts also. My old man eats oatmeal each day and has done so for as long as I can remember. If I'm not fasting my breakfast is usually 5 eggs, 3 toast, ham or bacon, yogurt OR Granola and fruit OR rice/potatoes w/ meat and broccoli. It's usually one of the those or nothing.

diced fruit in greek yoghurt with chopped walnuts and cinnamon sprinkled on top. But this doesn't feel me up very much and an hour and a half later i have 4 eggs, some form of meat, tomato and onion

Lots of eggs, ham, sausage, steak, (any meat I have lying around,) vegetables in an omelette/scramble, cheese, coffee, some orange juice, vitamins c and d.

two boiled eggs and brown wholemeal toast.

Usually a breakfast burrito (eggs, cheese, bacon) or bagel (with same ingredients as the burrito). Or a smoothie with various types of fruit. My favorites to use are pineapple, strawberry, and açai (purè form of course as true açai is near impossible to get).

Either 2 slices of whole wheat bread with butter, salami and cheese, OR one egg sunny side up, plus a helping of cottage cheese, parsley leaf and one tomato. If I'm in a hurry (sadly, that's about 30% of the time), I'll skip that and mix some chocolate cereal in with a bowl of milk, then have a yoghurt and a tuna sandwich a bit later. I never skip breakfast, but overall it's rather small. I prefer eating a tiny meal (banana or one more sandwich) in between breakfast and lunch, which is my main meal of the day.

All in all, I think my main problems is that I often eat sugar due to convenience or hurry, which is really bad.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Toast with peanut butter and banana, coffee, protein shake, and vitamins. Vits are a generic multi vitamin, cod liver oil, garlic, and zinc. Occasionally I'll have eggs aswell.

Pussy....

But then I find I'm still hungry and eat a bowl of untoasted, fruit free muesli w/banana, chia seeds, a few brazil nuts, full fat greek yoghurt and a dash of full fat milk.

This is my daily routine. Pussy availability can be seasonal however.

double post

I eat this CSIRO approved cereal called goodness superfoods, its got 100% RDI fibre I need so it frees me up to eat whatever else I want so long as I make my fruit and veggie servings.

Bowl of oats that I microwave (add some milk and water) for 2 minutes, add nutella or peanut butter too. And then a banana or two.

Quote: (11-16-2013 03:31 PM)void Wrote:  

nothing, you could call it intermittent fasting

Concur. I'm in good shape, but I always carried that spare tire of ten pounds or so around my waist. I read "Man 2.0," decided to give the intermittent fasting thing a shot, and I'm finally losing that last ten pounds.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"

Usually just Coffee + Coconut Milk + MCT oil. If I'm really hungry I'll add a handful of cashews