rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rowing Crew

Rowing Crew

Have any of you ever participated in collegiate rowing crew? I'm currently caught between staying with the sport and quitting it; if I do stick with it, it'll forge me into a fucking man, but at the same time I'll have zero time to daygame or pursue any of my other hobbies(like creative writing), especially since I'll be taking eighteen units next quarter.

Do you guys think crew is worth sticking with? I'll probably finish the winter quarter at least, just because I've made some solid friends on the crew and want to see the season through. I'm ambivalent about doing it spring quarter, let alone next year. It is a badass sport, but it takes up obscene amounts of time and energy.

Anyone have any thoughts or stories?

Rowing Crew

How old are you and how long have you been doing it? The musclebase I built after two years (from 17 to 19) is still with me today (15 years later). I have permanent rock hard thighs and super broad shoulders that definitely were not there when I started. Worth sticking through a couple of seasons at least.

Rowing Crew

I'm a coxswain for the rowing team in my school and I'll say its really fun.

I know its winter time and you're pretty much getting tired of getting on the fucking erg machines everyday but keep at it. My coach bitches at me as well. But I still find my own way to workout and become just as strong as the rowers.

If a little fucker like me is staying in it, you can stay in it as well.

Don't mark out man. Keep that shit up.

Nope.

Rowing Crew

I would love to do it. You're chiseled out of stone afterwards. Stick with it, women will love your physique and so will you. You may get "ins" through rowing buddies too.

Rowing Crew

First, yes, stick with it. This is probably the only time of your life to dedicate actual time towards a team sport. You're going to regret it later if you leave. Forge yourself into a fucking man (great word choice there btw).

As for working out - work your deadlift, front lever progressions, chinups, kroc rows, etc - don't waste your time with rowing machines. Tie everything together with heavy kettlebell swings.

It doesn't matter what your coach says, rowing machines are worthless, get strong as shit and only use the sport itself to condition. Work those pulls hard. When you can strict Pendlay row what most people can't deadlift, you're getting somewhere. Without assloads of raw strength, there is an inevitable limit to your conditioning. Strength makes everything very easy.

Just make it a point to work back every workout you go to the gym, which is hopefully every day. Hang a chinup bar in your room and do a few pyramids or death sets every other day.

Rowing Crew

Rowing is excellent, love it. Got a bit of a bad back now, so can't do it, but the rewards are great. The rowing movement works the back and legs like nothing else, broad back, powerful legs, good bicep work too. Plus the fresh air and sea. Great sport.

Rowing Crew

rowed in college. girls on the team... daaam.. ass just like the beach volleyball girls, but torso is usually meatier. one girl became an olympian. the girls, if actually on a team and not in tryouts have some of the highest testosterone values out there. because recovery from rowing is such a bitch. and high test = high sex drive.. so keep doin it & your team prob be doing a "tuesday pizza night". add value there somehow. and offer an "after party"