rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Craigslist Roommates

Craigslist Roommates

I have to leave my current crib pretty soon so Ive been thinking of where to go. Surprisingly, theres lots of people on Craigslist advertising a room for rent. Ive never met anyone in this city whose done it with strangers. Some are close to the center of the city and others pretty far out. This would be A LOT cheaper than getting a decent apartment.

Break it down for me. Anyone tried a Craigslist roommate(s)? Anything I need to know before I start calling them up? I see theres some houses with females and guys mixed up. I have a feeling that guys might be better, especially if I regularly bring girls over.

Craigslist Roommates

Some friends have used craigslist for roommates and it usually ended in disaster. The recurring issue seemed to be people not having their shit together due to drugs/alcohol. I would avoid it if you can.

Craigslist Roommates

If you can swing it, live alone. It is well worth it.

Logistics and living alone accounts for probably half my lays, all I have to do is show up on the date and not fuck up.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Craigslist Roommates

Do not live with girls from Craigslist no matter how "cool" they seem in the beginning because they will cockblock you eventually if you start bringing a lot of chicks home. Also, most chicks are messier than dudes, which is a big drawback. Living with dudes is a crap shoot. Try not to live with dudes that have girlfriends or dudes that aren't gainfully employed. Screen your roommate like you would screen a potential friend- not like you guys have to hang out every weekend.

Of the 7 Craigslist roommates I've had through the years, I became really good friends with one guy, still keep in touch with two others and the rest were people I didn't really enjoy living with and stopped talking to once I moved out. As AntiTrace said, if living alone won't break your budget, that is definitely your best option.

Craigslist Roommates

I know one person who does it.

4 roommates he has found. Three worked out perfectly while one ended in disaster.

Just make sure you have a contract.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Craigslist Roommates

I found my last set of room mates on a room mate finding website with two other girls. Eventually it was cool and I hung out with them and their friends.

However, mid way through the year the one girl got a boyfriend and became a super cunt. Don't know what happened.

I will never live with room mates again. Got my own place, I'd rather sell my car than live with room mates again.

I would however get a place with a really close friend of mine, but I have to know said person for awhile.

Craigslist Roommates

I found a room in a house on craigslist when I moved to a University town for a brief stint a few years ago. It was fucking awesome. Great house the kid that owned the house was cool as fuck. The other guy that lived there was cool to, he was older and kind of a stick in the mud, but he was a good dude. The house was nice, great location, pretty cheap. The kid that owned the crib had a gf and she always had hot tail at the house with her that led to bangs for me. It was like pappa johns she delivered hot,fresh, and ready girls to the crib.
Its a gamble, you may lose or you may win.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Craigslist Roommates

Everyone agrees guy roommates are the best? Younger ones? Partiers? I just dont want someone who will get annoyed at me for fucking girls, smoking occasionaly and coming home all hours of the day and night. Thats it.

Craigslist Roommates

Craigslist a room for rent after my first deployment i the summer of '09. Cool chick who had her shit together. My advice is to visit the house first. You can get some intel by visiting a home. You can tell if they are anal, if they have their shit together, if they are slobs, find out about animals, figure out the vibe of the spot.

Ever visit a friend of a friends spot and just can tell its a shithole and you know nothing about the person or hime? Beyond that I would make sure not to get on the least and ask what do they do? Stability is key.

I ended up getting a house a month later. Never got my deposit back (mostly my fault). She was a dyke but I did smash one of her friends.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Craigslist Roommates

I've done it in the past and it never worked out.

Problem is if you're moving into their spot, they will always have some 'power' over you.

Pay extra and get your own spot. There's nothing like having your own place to call home and it will lead to a lot more bangs.

Guaranteed.

Craigslist Roommates

I always think it's best to have you're own pad,even if it's just a decent studio.I don't know about craigslist but if somehow you come across or can seek out someone who travels often.Like airline pilots or flight attendants.They are hardly home and sometimes it's just a commuter pad.Sometimes if it's a house they just want someone to look after the place as they may hardly be there.There may be a good amount of those in Htown i'd think, being a United hub and even some SW people.But yea,overall im with MCQueen. Own place is best

Craigslist Roommates

I lived with various roommates for 4 to 5 years after college and got my own pad about a year ago and can say that quality of life totally went up in a noticeable way.

The only good situation I had in terms of roommates was when I already knew the guys beforehand (and make sure you live with dudes if u absolutely have to, not chix) and we were all on the same page when it came to our lifestyles.

The absolute worst was when I lived with 2 girls. Its surprising how disgusting they can be at home.

Id only go back to living with roommates if I had no choice.

Craigslist Roommates

Its crazy how many guys specify that only females apply lol. Pathetic.

Are studios usually cheaper than apartments? I wonder if studios even exist outside of trendy areas where all rent will be high.

Craigslist Roommates

Unless you absolutely have to, never have roommates.

Did it once years ago for about three months and it sucked.

And he was my closest friend.

In a four bedroom house. Just two guys.

Fuck, I still hear about banging that one broad we all (him and his GF) worked with.

20 years later.

Sneaking people in and out?

Not anywhere I want to live. Get your own place.

Craigslist Roommates

http://houston.craigslist.org/roo/4143760835.html

[Image: popcorn3.gif]

I can only imagine what would happen if I lived with 4 females.

Craigslist Roommates

Could you live with four chicks that are all taller than you? [Image: biggrin.gif]

Craigslist Roommates

What's the best option:

A. Live alone and be super broke.

B. Live with roommates and be a little less broke.

or

C. Live alone and get a second job and work all the time.

Of course getting a better paying job is the ideal option, but which option would y'all take from the three I listed?

Craigslist Roommates

Roommates are just a really hit or miss situation regardless of where you find them.

In the end though, if you're only making $2,000-$4,000 per month and getting a roommate saves you $500 per month it's hard to turn down. Or you're living in a much nicer spot than what you could afford on your own.

I've always found guys I know and never had too many problems. The Craigslist thing can work but I've heard some horror stories. I'd make sure you meet the person and check the place out first, find out what they do for a living, etc. People on there will often advertise or at least understand what "420 friendly" means if you want to clear that up beforehand. With the girl thing, just find a way to feel them out without making it sound like you'll be up to 4AM on weekdays smoking boonk with strippers.

Craigslist Roommates

If they are already on a lease, try to get on month to month if the renter will allow it.

Craigslist Roommates

I did the craigslist roommate thing and it worked out alright. I lived with the kid for two years, and at the end of it we had gotten into some pretty heated arguments a few times, but nothing out of the ordinary. The biggest problem was he was kind of a herb. He didn't have many friends and didn't drink (maybe 4 times a year) or smoke. So when I would bring friends over to drink or smoke, every once in a while he'd give me shit, especially if it was past midnight. At least the kid was responsible though. Neither of us ever paid rent late, and he was clean. We had a system worked out were every other week it was the others turn to clean. And every time you dirtied dishes you cleaned them. It worked well in that sense. To be honest, it worked out better between me and him than me and my best friend after highschool. But the thing that really fucked it up with me and my former best friend was his cunt baby momma. Overall though the craigslist roommate thing worked ok. I wouldn't live with the kid again because I like doing what I want when I want, but he was an alright kid.

I just got a place with 3 roommates for the winter because where I'm living is ridiculously expensive to live on your own, almost no one under 30 does. I don't really know any of the guys. I met one and he is friends with a few of my other friends, and I know they have good judgement. It should be interesting, but it's a big ass house, 3 stories and 4 bedrooms so I think it will work out alright. To be honest, I think my easiest roommate situation has been a similar situation, living with 3 other people. When it's just one other person sometimes you get sick of each other fast.

Craigslist Roommates

I'm 1/1 as far as craigslist roommates go, meet them beforehand, confirm that they are employed or in graduate school and everything should be fine.

Craigslist Roommates

Quote: (11-14-2013 06:01 AM)houston Wrote:  

Its crazy how many guys specify that only females apply lol. Pathetic.

I've posted about that before and it just seems like a horrible idea. It's an open invitation for bringing tons of drama into your life. The guys who post those ads must be extremely desperate, inexperienced, or both.

Craigslist Roommates

Has anyone heard of Roommates.com?

Craigslist Roommates

Can someone tell me why I shouldnt get female roommates? I would keep my dick in my pants and not flirt. I swear! theres a lot of females shacked up in houses in good locations. Like 2 or 3 under one roof. Hell, I really dont think theres a huge difference between guys and girls in terms of cock blocking. Guys act like little bitches if they see youre getting pussy weekly and they are twice a year.

Craigslist Roommates

On a sidenote, anybody looking for a roommate in NYC? I need to find a place in 3 weeks and craigslist is not showing much promise.

Feel the fear..then do it anyway.