rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Affordable Short-Term Rentals

Hey everyone,

My friend and I have been traveling around the United States primarily using Couchsurfing and we need a change of pace.

What we have in mind is to live in different cities for a month at a time, ideally with a one bedroom apartment (one of us takes a bedroom, the other the living room). Of course, we are pretty flexible about the kinds of accommodations we get.

What's the best way to go about lining these places up? I would prefer to do this without spending more than $1,500/month between the two of us.

Quote: (11-11-2013 08:33 PM)kinginthenorth Wrote:  

Hey everyone,

My friend and I have been traveling around the United States primarily using Couchsurfing and we need a change of pace.

What we have in mind is to live in different cities for a month at a time, ideally with a one bedroom apartment (one of us takes a bedroom, the other the living room). Of course, we are pretty flexible about the kinds of accommodations we get.

What's the best way to go about lining these places up? I would prefer to do this without spending more than $1,500/month between the two of us.

Try craigslist and also if you book a room through airbnb for a few nights and then just talk to the owner after your nights are up about just paying him directly and what kind of deal he would give you for a month.

Airbnb is great for this, look for monthly rates and you can find some amazing deals.
You can also message a lot of owners and offer a lower price, if they're not highly booked they might just take it.

buy a mobile home and then sell it when you are totally done with this experiement,

while doing that join a gym that gives you access to a chain of gyms nationwide, then work out and shower and get ready to go out there..