rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Imagining worst case scenarios

Hey guys,

I would like to get some opinions about imagining worst case scenarios instead of best-case scenarios when You approach a girl.

I always strongly believed that it makes sense to imagine how it will feel to succeed with anything that needs will power or where I have to overcome anxieties or hassle. Roosh wrote in DayBang another view point.

I try to write it down in my own words and extend it a little bit:

If you imagine best case scenarios it will take will power from you because your mind thinks that you already achieved it.

Note me: It works the same when You tell somebody of something. So if you have a big business project and you will tell your buddies that You will be soon pretty rich and successful it feels like you already achieved it and it becomes more "neutral" and less important. http://www.ted.com/talks/derek_sivers_ke...rself.html

If you imagine worst case scenarios your mind will accept these scenarios and go from there. So if you assume that the girl will reject you on a tough way You will accept it and don´t fear it anymore.
Note me: A similar thought I found on the book "How to stop worrying and start living" from Dale Carnegie. => If you get cancer, accept that you will die and go from there.

Now my problem is: Isn´t that pure pessimism? Somewhere it feels like a pretty screwed up mindset. If I follow the advice I have to think the whole day, how everybody hates me, how I go broke and every time I get a flu I will die.

Most NLP guys advice the opposite but sure it sells better if customer feels good after they bought. In sports every coach has the opinion that you should visualize positive and these guys get paid for results. I never heared them saying "now imagine how you jump in the air and kick the ball in the wrong goal! After that feel how everybody hates You and your country is ashamed of You".

What do you think of that? Did I miss the point?

Well I've been practicing NLP, Neuro-semantics, & hypnosis for eight years. I pretty much have my brain on auto-pilot when it comes to the approach.
My perception is that she stepped out of the house for the sole purpose of impressing me enough to get me to fuck her. Upon seeing a fuck-worthy chick, my brain now automatically pictures her masturbating to the fantasy of sucking & fucking me. This happens in a split second, but is very vivid.
This propels me forward...AUTOMATICALLY.

Personally, I can't imagine the thought of being "rejected" as motivational...not to say that it couldn't work for another brain & nervous system.

Not sure if I fully got your point but as I understand it, it is futile and a waste of time to spend any thought on worst-caste-scenarios when it comes to approaching. This is the exact kind of pre-game attitude ("What if she rejects me? What if her friends will observe and laugh at me?") that every reasonable man should overcome as quick as possible.

What do these scenarios look like anyway? The girl freaks out and starts to insult you? Her jealous and jacked ex-BF stands nearby and threatens to beat the shit out of you? Whatever it is, it seems rather improbable that stuff like this happens on a regular basis.

Instead, it is a hundred times more productive to focus on how you can expect most girls to react in average game environments. This should be your starting point and not some hypothetical bull-shit-scenarios that may petrify you.

Mental masturbation.

Game wise, you're better off being delusionally confident.

WIA

Woolf, I sorta know what you mean. This has actually been on my list of blog posts to write up. A couple months ago I had built myself up into the "pickup" guy both in my head and with friends. The problem, while my game had gotten much better, my confidence was fake. I had serious AA. The solution...admit to myself my AA, admit I suck at pickup, I suck at talking to girls. And as soon as I did that my AA was surmountable.
I believe the chemo/psycho/physiology stuff is something like this. The brain is most afraid of what it doesn't know or understand (evolution-wise it's better to see and know the threat than just know something is amiss). So in my brain, my frontal lobe wasn't good enough at convincing my limbic system that I was confident and cool, causing all sorts of anxiety. When my temporal lobe finally admitted it was bs, anxiety went away...including AA.
Then my brain automatically kicked into confident mode. Like when an alpha shows vulnerability which makes him *more* alpha. For me, admitting my aa and anxieties made my brain realize how confident I was.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”