rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are you scared of death?

Are you scared of death?

I don't believe in life after death.

Now - I am not scared of being dead. But I am a bit freaked out about dying. It is like - each one of us is just walking around waiting for a massive heart attack or stroke.

Christ - I can't imagine how bad that would be. I held a hot cup of coffee earlier - and my fingers still burn. So I can barely deal with minor physical ailments.

Remember - no healthy person has ever died.

Death (which everyone gets to experience) and being physically fucked up and (probably) in pain go hand in hand. And when I am trying to sleep at night - that side of it freaks me out.

Like - you might see somebody in a bad way in a wheelchair. But most of us never think - that the shit you go through just before you die is probably going to be much worse.

Sorry - just the way it is...

Are you scared of death?

Nope. Not at all.

When it happens it happens and I believe if you embrace that, you can have peace.

Are you scared of death?

Yes, I'm afraid of death.

Anyone who says they aren't is probably kidding themselves.

Even suicide bombers get cold feet. Suicidal guys have to work themselves up to kill themselves, precisely in order to overcome their fear.

Nonexistence is irredeemable. I consider myself a Christian but I'm not fooling myself that I'm convinced of heaven.

Society constantly tells us not to fear death. We're told that dying can be painful, but that death is part of life's journey. We're told that death gives meaning to life. We're told that the old need to make way for the young.

People tell themselves comforting rationalizations like these because death is so unspeakably bad that it needs to be covered over with a tissue of lies to make life worthwhile, especially as we age and count the years down.

Are you scared of death?

Yeah - I just wish people could be honest.

Sometimes saying you are scared is braver than pretending you are not.

Are you scared of death?

Although I am not bothered about being dead (well - maybe a little). But just the randomness of how it will happen - because most deaths are pretty fucked up towards the end.

Are you scared of death?

"Yeah - I just wish people could be honest."

^^^This logic reminds me of the cats who say "There's no way Joe Blow had a 3sum in Russia on a Sunday night! It doesn't happen".

Just because one person feels a certain way, doesn't mean everyone does.

I don't fear death because I've faced it and living afraid of death holds one back of really living life and taking calculated risks.

I'll reiterate: I don't fear death; in fact I believe there will be a certain peace when it comes.

Are you scared of death?

Sorry - I wasn't referring to you in my remark.

Just that people in general seem to not be honest about how they feel about death. You just have to pull a gun on them to see how quickly they change their tune.

Are you scared of death?

Quote: (11-06-2013 06:42 PM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

"Yeah - I just wish people could be honest."

^^^This logic reminds me of the cats who say "There's no way Joe Blow had a 3sum in Russia on a Sunday night! It doesn't happen".

Just because one person feels a certain way, doesn't mean everyone does.

I don't fear death because I've faced it and living afraid of death holds one back of really living life and taking calculated risks.

I'll reiterate: I don't fear death; in fact I believe there will be a certain peace when it comes.

Maybe you're right.

On the other hand, if somebody told you today, maybe a doctor or maybe the grim reaper, that you have a fifty-fifty chance of dying in the next few days, are you really saying you wouldn't be scared at all?

You don't even need to reply, you know the answer already and that's what counts.

Are you scared of death?

No offense taken.

Last poster makes an interesting point: sudden death is a lot different than an agonizing "you have 3 months to live" impending death sentence.

The latter I would probably be in a constant state of drunkeness and travel the world balls to the wall lol.

Are you scared of death?

Strangely enough I am scared most of dying in my sleep. Just doesn't seem right to me - knowing that everytime you go to bed. This could be the night.

Are you scared of death?

I'm not. At all actually.

I often wonder what it's like after I die. If there's anything at all. That moment when you know it's over is probably one of the most interesting experiences in life.

Are you scared of death?

Hard to relate. Since I am convinced there is nothing after you die.

To me death is like this. Imagine what you were dreaming about at 3:46am on the 18th March, 1996? Impossible right? Well even that will be more vivid and memorable than the nothingness of death.

It is strange being dead - since it will be like you have never even being born. Life is just a dream that you wake up from - into nothingness...

Are you scared of death?

Not scared of being dead.

I fear more the death of people I care about. And I fear my own death in that it would probably bring them some suffering.

I am scared of the types of pain associated with death, either physical or mental.

Keep in mind that we are all in a constant state of dying. The length of a human life is very small in comparison to other measures of time in existence.

There are some very gruesome ways to die via torture. You can search for that on youtube.

Are you scared of death?

I think that dying in your sleep with your eyes closed is a blessing, a peaceful way to go. When people die with their eyes open, there is a big chance that they suffered.

Coming back to OP's question. I'm not scared of death because it is inevitable and comes for all of us. When it is time to die though, I do hope it's quick.

Are you scared of death?

I'm dead scared of being scared of death.

Are you scared of death?

Quote: (11-06-2013 06:55 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

Hard to relate. Since I am convinced there is nothing after you die.

To me death is like this. Imagine what you were dreaming about at 3:46am on the 18th March, 1996? Impossible right? Well even that will be more vivid and memorable than the nothingness of death.

It is strange being dead - since it will be like you have never even being born. Life is just a dream that you wake up from - into nothingness...
Every time I realize this, it sends a chill down my spine. Our consciousness will vanish, its maybe a little bit like sleeping. But forever.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Are you scared of death?

Nope.

Not at all.

I accepted Christ's redemptive work (His death, burial and ressurection) as payment for my own sins. He died on the cross and shed his precious blood for a hell-deserving, born sinner like me, and rose again to Heaven, for my justification. As soon I saw that I deserved to endure eternal torment in Hell just for my existence as a naturally innate sinner, I placed my trust in Jesus. And immediately His Spirit came to reside into my body.

The Lord's blood took all my sins away and justified me in the eyes of God, and most importantly, the blood of Christ spared me from the furious wrath of God for good.

Based on what I've written above, I can safely and assuredly conclude that death is not something I am afraid of. Death for me is a sweet relocation to a desolate, unredeeming place(earth) to the best kingdom ever(Heaven). And I thank the Lord, for allowing me enough time on this planet to make a sound and proper decision.

Are you scared of death?

Quote: (11-06-2013 07:07 PM)Master Of My Own Kingdom Wrote:  

Nope.

Not at all.

I accepted Christ's redemptive work (His death, burial and ressurection) as payment for my own sins. He died on the cross and shed his precious blood for a hell-deserving, born sinner like me, and rose again to Heaven, for my justification. As soon I saw that I deserved to endure eternal torment in Hell just for my existence as a naturally innate sinner, I placed my trust in Jesus. And immediately His Spirit came to reside into my body.

The Lord's blood took all my sins away and justified me in the eyes of God, and most importantly, the blood of Christ spared me from the furious wrath of God for good.

Based on what I've written above, I can safely and assuredly conclude that death is not something I am afraid of. Death for me is a sweet relocation to a desolate, unredeeming place(earth) to the best kingdom ever(Heaven). And I thank the Lord, for allowing me enough time on this planet to make a sound and proper decision.

Why not place your trust in Santa Claus?

Are you scared of death?

Wow - I can't imagine having a faith like that.

Religion makes no sense to me.

But cool for you. What a fascinating thing to have going for you.

Reminds me of when a Catholic bishop here in the UK found out he was dying of cancer. Another bishop phoned him up to congratulate him.

Are you scared of death?

I will soon be dead. So will you.

Our lives are small, empty and inconsequential in the grand scheme of things and the only solution is to fill up your life with worth.

Whether "worth" means pussy, money, power, etc is up to you.

I fear the notion that I might be living a life not worth living rather than death itself.

Are you scared of death?

A bit lame and corny but i'm more afraid of not living enough.[Image: confused.gif]

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Are you scared of death?

If there is one thing I truly fear it's not getting the most out of my life before dying.

Teenagers say YOLO, but besides it being a stupid cliche phrase, it's not realistic.

Maybe there is a balance. Make the most of your days but at the same time be developing yourself for a better future moment. That means work hard in the gym, approach the girl so you might have a date setup later in the week, but at the same time, have a drink and play a video game/watch something you enjoy at the end of the day and enjoy the present moment.

Are you scared of death?

Nah, cops scare me way more than death and I'm one of the good guys!

Are you scared of death?

I like to think I am not scared of dying but I wonder if my own bravado is a sign I'm scared to death to die. Guess I'll know when I get there, and please God let it be in my footsteps.

Are you scared of death?

Quote: (11-06-2013 06:45 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

Just that people in general seem to not be honest about how they feel about death. You just have to pull a gun on them to see how quickly they change their tune.

Sheltered people fear death.

I can't be the only one here who has been in multiple life-or-death situations where instinct takes over, only to discover there's some genetic instinct to protect and value the life of others over your own. Male unconcious thought seems to gear towards self-sacrifice, which is probably why women lack empathy for us. We're instinctually replaceable to them.

The chemicals that flood your brain in these situations also seem to numb your fear anyway. Twice I've remembered thinking "I'm about to die... and that's ok." It's a sense of odd peace.

I've lost many friends and relatives over the years. Some deaths were sudden. Some were lingering. I've heard death rattles and final breaths. I've cleaned and prepared bodies, and have sat with them until all warmth has left them. I've been there as they've switched machines off. Through it all, I realise dying is an entirely human process, and nothing to be feared, as it will happen to us regardless of us fearing it or not. It's wasted energy.

I could tie your fear of dying to a fear of loss, in which case your MGHOW status make sense.