rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where can I travel for New Year's Eve (for about a week)?

Where can I travel for New Year's Eve (for about a week)?

I'd like to go somewhere for about a week starting December 28, but cant's decide where. I prefer warm weather, cheap booze and a party atmosphere. I'd probably have to travel on my own. One friend might be able to join me, but it's not very likely.

I have some AA frequent flier miles and hotel bonus points that can use for tickets and hotels, but using them would narrow down the list of destinations. I can afford tickets and accommodation to travel to other places too, but this time of year I'd probably have to pay through the nose, so using points would make more sense.

Here are the options, for now:

Short List:

1. Medellin, Colombia. Can get there using miles and stay at a pretty good hotel near Zona Rosa. I've been to Medellin, liked it but wasn't super excited. My Spanish is almost non-existent. I can get a taxi, order drinks, etc, but can't really game chicas in Spanish. I did get laid last time I was there, but that took me 10X more effort because of the language barrier.

2. Lima, Peru. I've been thinking about going there anyway. Same deal - can get tickets and a hotel for miles/points, but the hotel is near the Convention Center, about 20 minutes taxi ride from Miraflores. I could also book a more expensive hotel in Miraflores for points+cash or even find an airbnb apartment. The concern, again, is my almost non-existent Spanish.

Other options:

- Bogota, Colombia: already been there, kind it liked it but preferred Medellin. Can get a ticket but would have to pay cash for a hotel/apartment.

-Many places in the Carribean and Central America. The first thing that comes to mind is Santo Domingo, DR given how many good reviews it gets on this forum.

-Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa are out: too expensive to get tickets this time of year, too cold or both.

What would you guys recommend?

BTW, if any RVF members are going on vacation at the same time, let me know, maybe we can organize a meetup.