rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tijuana?

Tijuana?

Gonna be in SD soon and have thoughts on heading into Mexico. I know I know, its dangerous now more than ever so forth and so on, but from some people who have been there recently can you please let me know if its worth it to go? Real talk not some shit you see on CNN about border bandits.

Cheers

Tijuana?

tons of ppl getting killed in places like tijuana and juarez everday. soo getting caught in the cross fire and stray bullets is a very REAL thing you would need to be concerned with.

Tijuana?

I was in tijuana earlier this year, it was totally fine.

Tijuana?

I was in Tijuana like a month ago (picking up some prescriptions) and it was just fine. Theres a bus that takes you from San Diego to the border so its not exactly a war zone. Just hang out on the main drag of bars on "Revolucion" and there will be plenty of other Americans with you. Tijuanas pretty much just an offshoot of San Diego where kids from San Diego State go and get drunk and dudes go to bang hookers. With that being said the place is fucking dirty and poor and hearing little kids try to sell you chiclets so they can give the money to their parents who stand down the street is equal parts sad and annoying. If youre 21 or have a good fake ID I see absolutely NO reason to go down there unless you need to buy some drugs or want to bang a hooker the second of which I certainly dont recommend.

Tijuana?

maybe take an afternoon trip down there to check it out and walk around for a little while and buy cheap crap or prescription drugs but i wouldnt spend an evening down there. i was in SD about 5 years ago and after the bars closed i yelled out "who wants to go to tijuana!!" just being an idiot and a couple of them called my bluff. so we headed down there at 2:30AM and were in some bar at 4am where it was all gang bangers and dudes from LA and i was sitting there thinking to myself "what the hell was i thinking???"

Tijuana?

Quote: (11-09-2010 01:19 PM)Brian Wrote:  

we headed down there at 2:30AM and were in some bar at 4am where it was all gang bangers and dudes from LA and i was sitting there thinking to myself "what the hell was i thinking???"

My bad guys, I forgot that in my original reply, you damn for sure dont want to be down there on the late night. Good call Brian.

Tijuana?

Like some people said on here before TJ is mainly for under 21 kids who want to drink, and for guys who want to go to brothels. If you're neither, there are other options (where you will see way more locals than border hopping gringos). Here is something I just came upon that looks interesting:
http://www.frommers.com/destinations/tij...10030.html

Forget about the Avenida Revolucion section. Start where it says Zona Rio.

Tijuana?

Was thinking of getting some meds in the Pharmacies.

If anyone has any good info on how to do this successfully PM me.