rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hostel/Hotel in Sukhumvit, BKK (need help)

What up forum, I'm heading out to Thailand at the end of the month, and have recently been slacking on making plans. I know that some of the best hotels/hostels fill up quick during peak season, so I need to start booking rooms ASAP. I just booked my first few nights at this place: http://www.lamphutreehotel.com/ , which is located near Khao San Rd., but I want to jump over to the Sukhumvit neighborhood for the weekend, as it seems to be the best place for food, nightlife, girls, etc.

Anyone got any good recommendations on a good place to stay? I typically like to stay in mid-range places like the Lamphu Tree Hotel, but I am totally open to staying in a nicer hostel with a chill social vibe. I would actually prefer to stay in a social hostel then a boutique hotel, but I need to have my own room/bathroom, and a few places I looked at online were dorms only. Also, the chillness factor of bringing girls back to the room is also important, I'd like to find a place that would be okay with me bringing a girl back to my room. Finally 1500 baht is my absolute max.

Any ideas or advice would be great. Thanks.

Quote: (11-04-2010 04:51 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

What up forum, I'm heading out to Thailand at the end of the month, and have recently been slacking on making plans. I know that some of the best hotels/hostels fill up quick during peak season, so I need to start booking rooms ASAP. I just booked my first few nights at this place: http://www.lamphutreehotel.com/ , which is located near Khao San Rd., but I want to jump over to the Sukhumvit neighborhood for the weekend, as it seems to be the best place for food, nightlife, girls, etc.

Anyone got any good recommendations on a good place to stay? I typically like to stay in mid-range places like the Lamphu Tree Hotel, but I am totally open to staying in a nicer hostel with a chill social vibe. I would actually prefer to stay in a social hostel then a boutique hotel, but I need to have my own room/bathroom, and a few places I looked at online were dorms only. Also, the chillness factor of bringing girls back to the room is also important, I'd like to find a place that would be okay with me bringing a girl back to my room. Finally 1500 baht is my absolute max.

Any ideas or advice would be great. Thanks.
First of all, how long are you going to be in BKK and Thailand?
I can't really comment on the hostel thing but take a look at what Beepalo posted yesterday on the Bangkok Practicals thread: http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/tha...kok/24241/ Looks good I might even stay there for a few days to check it out before moving to an apart there.
I'm currently staying at a relatively nice hotel in the heart of the night life here in BKK, the Tai-Pan Hotel. The standard room is about 1000 B and if you can, get the deluxe room which are very nice for about 2Kb. For good deals on hotels in Thailand/Asia, check agoda.com

Hope this helps.

Hello Friends...

I really agree with Vacancier you have not mentioned how long are you going to be in BKK and Thailand? And without knowing it becomes very difficult to reply you.....But still i listed some budget plus nice hotels in Sukhumvit,

1.Fraser Suites Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok
2.Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Hotel
3.Legacy Suites Hotel Bangkok

Ryan Cleak.

i stayed in the marrriott in bangkok couple of years ago - quite nice but had a very corporate feel to it

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

Quote: (11-10-2010 08:53 AM)zanetti Wrote:  

i stayed in the marrriott in bangkok couple of years ago - quite nice but had a very corporate feel to it

Marriott in Thailand seems to be very girl-unfriendly. In Pattaya they do not even allow the girl into your room. Check it before you sign in.

Quote: (11-10-2010 10:33 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Quote: (11-10-2010 08:53 AM)zanetti Wrote:  

Marriott in Thailand seems to be very girl-unfriendly. In Pattaya they do not even allow the girl into your room. Check it before you sign in.

this must be a recent thing then

i was in the pattaya marriott in 2006 and brought 4 girls back with me without any problems or questions asked!

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

I stayed in the J.W. Marriott in BKK back in 07. It was expensive but they have substantial discounts for gov't rates. Bringing girls back to the rooms wasn't a problem, unless their aussie. I met a hottie and got her back to the room. She broke into the wet bar and smoked in the room. She spilled red wine on the down comforter. It cost me around $200 for that and $250-$300 for the smoking fine. [Image: angry.gif] That was probably the costliest piece of ass I ever had. There is a nice bar owned by an american on the street behind the hotel. It's got a metal bull out front. A lot of the euro/aussie girls hang out there that are staying in the nearby hotels. Just make sure they don't smoke or drink anything that stains. [Image: confused.gif]

Followed Beepalo's advice off the Bangkok Practicals thread (thanks BTW) and booked 3 nights at the "Refill Now" hostel. Was able to get a private room for $36 US which is pretty legit, since the other spot is like 55 a night. Hopefully they will be chill with me bringing a girl back to my room if I get lucky, but I won't be too pressed to collect a flag ASAP since I'll be in Thailand for over a month. Another thing about the hostel that isn't completely prime is that it appears to be on the outskirts of Sukhumvit, but probably a little walk to all the action.

Anyways, I'll be out there in a few weeks, can't fucking wait!! Anyone going to be in town?