rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Japan-youth giving up on sex?

Are the young giving up on sex? Marriage? Children? And why? For world wanderers, THIS strikes me as something intriguing to discuss!

Long excerpt from an article in The Guardian: Japan's population expected to contract by one-third in about 50 years because the young eschew even dating, much less marriage.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-20...having-sex

Quote:Quote:

Japan's under-40s appear to be losing interest in conventional relationships. Millions aren't even dating, and increasing numbers can't be bothered with sex.... As The Guardian reports, 45% of Japanese women aged 16-24 are "not interested in or despise sexual contact". More than a quarter of men feel the same way. Is Japan providing a glimpse of all our futures? Many of the shifts there are occurring in other advanced nations, too. Across urban Asia, Europe and America, people are marrying later or not at all, birth rates are falling, single-occupant households are on the rise and, in countries where economic recession is worst, young people are living at home...

I found this comment among the most insightful answers to "why?" The writer says he'd lived there for six months.

Quote:Quote:

Japan is an example of what happens when a traditional culture is unzipped by exposure to the outside, something which has been observed hundreds of times with traditional cultures around the world that collapsed on a small scale after exposure to foreign influence. Traditional cultures often have severe internal pressures (and Japan is the champion of that), but as long as people know nothing different, they don't perceive any alternative or step out of line. But expose them to outside thinking, and they start to perceive choices and rebel.

In Japan, the traditional sex roles are very strict, and very unappealing to many women. It's get married, have child, stay home, keep house, period. There is nothing quite so dismal as an older Japanese woman who lived that life and is now so bitter she would like to kill the world with her eyes. Plus the salaryman life is very unappealing to many men -- work long hours, go out afterward drunking and ass-kissing with your boss whom you pretend to like, then get discarded when they are tired of you.

But it's also a strong face-culture, where if you don't match the traditional pattern, you lose face. If you are a Japanese man, and your wife has a career, and you share the shopping, cooking, house cleaning, and child raising -- you are just a pussy doormat, a walking humiliation who has no chance to rise through the ranks of your company and be a success. You can't do your own thing, or be yourself in Japan, except in the shadows, alone, avoiding scrutiny. This strange but ruthless vise in which people are trapped.

Ironic thing is, aside from Fukushima radiation, Japan is a delightful place to live. Not Tokyo, which is all about long train rides, crazy prices, and crushing crowds. But the rest of the country, the small cities and towns. It's the nicest place I lived since 1970s America. (I often dream of forming an expat colony of wired workers there in one of the semi-abandoned small towns.) If thoughts of the future were the only thing weighing on Japan, they would be screwing like rabbits.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-20...nt-4075220

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

This might be a dupe. I thought I saw a thread on this already.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Dupe: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-29227.html

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before