rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Red Pocket Square

Red Pocket Square

Hat tip to gmanifesto.

I don't know whether it's chance, placebo effect, or whether there's something to it, but I've been knocking it out of the park with a blazer with a red pocket square. I've heard some chatter about how wearing red makes you more sexually attractive.

Is there something to this or am I just carrying the precepts of the Custom Suited Lifestyle inside me wherever I go?

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Red Pocket Square

Nice! What kind/colour of shirt and pants are you wearing with It?

Red Pocket Square

Pocket squares are the bomb and all well-dressed men know it.

Red Pocket Square

Quote: (10-20-2013 11:42 AM)christpuncher Wrote:  

Nice! What kind/colour of shirt and pants are you wearing with It?

Lately it's been a black blazer and designer jeans - my other blazers need some repair. Underneath I"ll wear a blue or white 7 Diamonds button down shirt (tailored) and sometimes a scarf.

At least one RVFer can testify.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Red Pocket Square

pics of red pocket square please.

Red Pocket Square

I'll randomly toss in a picture of me with a red pocket square just for poops and laughs

I am the cock carousel

Red Pocket Square

The red pocket square is boss. Not sure about the tie though. [Image: wink.gif]

Red Pocket Square

<3 loud pocket squares. Hot girls dig squares.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Red Pocket Square

Yes back in school we did a study in experimental psych that showed women noticed guys wearing red more...not that they were attracted though. But being notice is half the battle right?
TO use red ,you should wear either a navy blue or black suit/blazer. Any other color and a clash is possible.

Red Pocket Square

Quote: (10-20-2013 03:13 PM)aphelion Wrote:  

Lately it's been a black blazer and designer jeans - my other blazers need some repair. Underneath I"ll wear a blue or white 7 Diamonds button down shirt (tailored) and sometimes a scarf.

Thats a thight setup.

To me thats the basics of style. Very few elements chosen for maximum damage.

Ill start looking for pocket squares right away. Should have listened to the G before.

Red Pocket Square

Any fashion tips on rocking a pocket square? I heard the colors should compliment but not match the shirt? Isn't that the same thing? I've seen people wear blue shirts and rock blue pocket squares?

Your outfit is awesome btw.

EDIT- Is that a seersucker suit? If so, where'd you get it?

Red Pocket Square

so as a fashion idiot, if my black jacket has a very light, light brown checked pattern (only visible close up) can i get away with the red pocket square

Red Pocket Square

^^^Yes.

Red is bold, daring, sexy and badass. I lost one of my favorite red squares last trip to Vegas. Still pissed about it.

Got the bang though. Come to think of it, the chick prolly stole it as a souvenir.

Red Pocket Square

Quote: (10-21-2013 10:35 PM)Edmund Dantes Wrote:  

Any fashion tips on rocking a pocket square? I heard the colors should compliment but not match the shirt? Isn't that the same thing? I've seen people wear blue shirts and rock blue pocket squares?

Your outfit is awesome btw.

EDIT- Is that a seersucker suit? If so, where'd you get it?

Personally I think a pocket square can go anywhere.
Yea,there are dozens of websites and magazines that say that a specific square has to go with a specific suit and certain folds go with certain styles of jacket.

Since we are talking RED pocket squares..I think red can go with damn near anything. I would only argue that maybe you wouldnt mix it would a different shade of red so you dont have a bunch shades trying to fight each other

Like Mcqueen said..Red is a bold daring color.
Girls will notice it, everyone will notice it.

I've got a couple friends that work at tailor and suit shops and would like to think they know what they are saying.

In the past the square was suppose to compliment the outfit our the tie.

I believe the pocket square should should be an accent.

* and yes. Its a seersucker. I was attending a prohibition themed party. (if anyone looks up seersuckers during the 1920s, you'll realize the irony behind it)
Seersucker is in every southerm suit shop when spring hits. I just decided to break mine out even if its fall.

**I will say that the flash makes the blue on the tie stand out much more.
But I don't really think many people can argue that it doesnt fit.

***Time and time again..its been said(on this forum) to suit up
I take advantage or every occasion possibly to dress in a way that stands up.
look at the faces of the haters in the first picture when me and my boys went out.

I am the cock carousel

Red Pocket Square

I'm rocking red all the time unless it's formal

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Red Pocket Square

Can I give y'all a few hypotheticals and could y'all give me your opinion?

Hypo. 1) Can a person pull off a pocket square wearing only a shirt and slacks?

Hypo. 2) Can a person pull off a pocket square with a shirt, tie and some casual pants (think more like corduroys or khakis or black jeans than dress pants)?

Hypo. 3) Can a person pull off a pocket square with a shirt and some casual pants?

Hypo. 4) Can a person pull off a pocket square with a shirt and dark jeans?

Yes or no and why?

Red Pocket Square

Quote: (10-19-2013 03:55 PM)aphelion Wrote:  

Hat tip to gmanifesto.

I don't know whether it's chance, placebo effect, or whether there's something to it, but I've been knocking it out of the park with a blazer with a red pocket square. I've heard some chatter about how wearing red makes you more sexually attractive.

Is there something to this or am I just carrying the precepts of the Custom Suited Lifestyle inside me wherever I go?

I can assure you it's not by chance or a placebo effect.

Some of us have been taking this move to the Bank for 10 + years.

(And I don't mean The Bank Nightclub in Las Vegas either).

Red Pocket Square

Can we wear red tie + red pocket square?

Red Pocket Square

Quote: (10-29-2013 07:29 PM)roid Wrote:  

Can we wear red tie + red pocket square?

Not if they are both solid-it will look like you bought a "tie and pocket square" set at a cheap department store

You can do a solid red tie if the square has a red as a minor color and vice versa

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Red Pocket Square

Quote: (10-22-2013 04:41 AM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

^^^Yes.

Red is bold, daring, sexy and badass. I lost one of my favorite red squares last trip to Vegas. Still pissed about it.

Got the bang though. Come to think of it, the chick prolly stole it as a souvenir.

Damn.
Thats happened to me twice in the past four months.

I wonder if the women are starting their own "notched bedpost" but using playboys 'kerchifs instead.

Red Pocket Square

you're missing a lot if you're going out and you're not using the pocket square.
was the only guy in a club with a square (had a red/pink square with a blue blazer and jeans) and I really got loads of attention.

Red Pocket Square

Definitely the above. Even in blazer and jeans you look 10x better than all the betas.

Red Pocket Square

Quote: (10-23-2013 12:06 AM)Edmund Dantes Wrote:  

Can I give y'all a few hypotheticals and could y'all give me your opinion?

Hypo. 1) Can a person pull off a pocket square wearing only a shirt and slacks?

Hypothetically yes. I can't see why you wouldn't be wearing a tie if you're going in for a pocket square however.
Unless you're asking if you can get away with a pocket square but no coat, in which case the answer is a definite no.

Hypo. 2) Can a person pull off a pocket square with a shirt, tie and some casual pants (think more like corduroys or khakis or black jeans than dress pants)?
Probably not khakis, but jeans would work if it's not too formal.

Hypo. 3) Can a person pull off a pocket square with a shirt and some casual pants?
Depend on the pants. Hospital scrubs probably wouldn't work. Isn't this the same as the last question?

Hypo. 4) Can a person pull off a pocket square with a shirt and dark jeans?
Like I said, if it's not formal you can probably get away with it.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Red Pocket Square

Last cold approach SNL I got I was wearing a suit with a red pocket square

Coincidence? You decide......

Red Pocket Square

Happened again last night.

Last two times I've worn a red pocket square I've gotten an SNL notch