rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Azul Does Mexico City

Azul Does Mexico City

Azul Does Mexico City Data Sheet

So I rolled out to Mexico City (Distrito Federal or DF) this weekend. This was a short trip Saturday – Monday, so while I don’t claim to be an expert on the city in any way I can still drop a few observations. This was a last minute trip so the only planning I did prior was a review of the already excellent intel provided in this forum by Hencredible’s Datasheet, Speakeasy’s and a few others. Does the city warrant a trip? Does it live up to the hype? Here’s my take:

Overall Impressions

As a veteran Latin-American traveler I tried my best to be unbiased and go into the city with no expectations. I have visited several Mexican cities previously but most of those were smaller Northern Mexican cities, this being an epic global city the largest in North America to be precise I was expecting it to be somewhat intimidating. However nothing could be further from the truth. The city has the hustle and bustle of a New York sized city but the main points of interest for tourists are insanely accessible. The metro system costs less than 30 cents a ride and has stops near almost anything you need. Taxis are cheap coming from anywhere in US or Western Europe, think $5-12 bucks. Logistics here are rarely a problem and the city feels safe with a visible police presence that is heavy but not intimidating in a “hey gringo give me a bribe” kind of way which I have experienced in other Mexican city.

Most girls I have met in other Mexican cities have been receptive and D.F. was no exception. If a girl is feeling you don’t be surprised if you get some incredibly aggressive eye contact, but aggressive in a good way. Not the little quick peeks you may be used to getting in some other places.

If you're black, you will stand out for sure. I saw maybe three blacks in the city with the exception of the Cuban club I hit up. Race was never an issue during my stay, I did get stares occasionally but everyone I met was cool and polite.

I did a lot of daytime walking and hit several nightlife saw very few obvious tourists during my stay, any non-local looking dude will stand out in a good way. Being taller is gonna make you stand out as well, I would guess the average in Mex City is 3.5 inches shorter than most US cities. Basically if your over 6’ FT you will be the tallest guy around 99% of the time and if your shorter than that it will be like your wearing Timberland boots with inserts 24/7.

Female Positives
The culture is one night stand friendly and the girls are generally open and approachable. Talent improves considerably in the richer hoods like Polanco.

Female Negatives
The average Mexican girl in the capital is likely less attractive than wherever your coming from, unless you are coming from Bolivia or Ecuador. You do NOT want to focus on the average girls.

Phone Game

I arrived on a red-eye flight Saturday morning and attempted to get hooked up with a local sim from Telcel in the terminal but there store didn’t open until 9am. I had no plans to post up in the Airport that long and found that the IUSA cell store on the second floor was open and the chick at the counter helped me out. I paid less than $15 US to get a sim card with more than enough minutes to get me through the weekend. A plan with data included was approx. 21 US.

Transportation

I debated on using the metro or the Taxi option to get to my hotel and discovered that the direct Metro Bus from the airport dropped me directly in front of my Hotel. There are signs in the airport that point to the Metro Bus stop. The Metro Buses are new, clean and efficient; they don’t accept cash and operate on a card system. Inside the terminal there is a machine which dispenses cards for the metro; the cards are $40 pesos or $3 bucks which includes your ride on the metro bus.
[img]C:UsersmDesktop20131013_020355 (1024x576).jpg[/img]

Food

Living up to the hype, Mex city food is not to be missed. I didn’t have a bad meal here. Your options are almost endless.
One unique place I can recommend is Don Chon close to the market la merced. This is a humble but clean and well decorated restaurant with a great ambiance. They specialize in pre-hispanic native food, stuff like worms, ants, crocodile and armadillo are on the menu. This place has rave reviews and the prices are fair I got out of the door with drinks and tip for under $25. I grabbed wild boar and a few other small plates, everything was tasty and the service was great.

Smog

Mexico’s cities smog is legendary. The air quality is very shitty here, while the air wasn’t visibly different during my stay the effects could be felt almost instantly. During the very first day my eyes became red and irritated, later I started sneezing and just felt worse overall. If you suffer from allergies take this into consideration.

Hotel

I stayed at the Ramada hotel in Reforma (downtown) a modern building with a metro bus stop directly in front and a subway Metro station at the corner. Logistics aren't really an issue for DF since the areas you will go are not far from each other. Overall this hotel did OK by me and has a pool with a small Jacuzzi open until 11pm if you want to bring a girl up, I went up their both night around 930pm and it was basically empty so u could isolate here. No matter which hotel u pick if you come to the city you want to stay in downtown, Condesa or Polanco, the latter two being better nightlife areas than the former. No matter where you stay you should be spending under $12 for Cabs even at night.

Smoking

Im sure G is looking for this. I would say smoking is around the Latin America average here, not as common as Spain or Argentina but def more smokers than the USA.

Nightlife

Sat

I didn’t get to experience the full extent of DF nightlife as I missed Friday night. Saturday night I headed out by Taxi to the Plaza Antares mall. This high-end mall houses the clubs Ragga and Joy which have been discussed on this forum. They are located on the second floor but access is not immediately obvious to a foreigner. This was the case for me and four other young Mexicanas on a Saturday night. They spotted me (suited down, of course) and asked me if I knew how to get to the club. They were students from outside the city and were just as lost as I was. All four of the girls were cute and under 21. Eventually we found the elevator and I arrived to the front of a moderate sized line (read: cluster) in front of two entrances Joy club was on the left and Ragga was on the right. At first one of the bouncers approached our group and told us that at approximately 1am entrance was closed if we didn’t have reservations. One of the girls had a connection on the inside and made a phone call to a friend inside and they let us roll in immediately. One of the girls inquired about getting into Joy but the bouncer said it was for 23 and up only. Interesting.

Anyway the group of us headed into ragga, the girls got in free but I got hit with a cover of 350 pesos or $27. This place was a total EDM spot, no other music was played all night. This music is not exactly my vibe, if it is you would like this place more than I did, as large as this place is they could have got another DJ in there to play something else in another area but this wasn’t the case. Tables ruled at this spot, the four girls I walked in with introduce me to some male friends of theirs that had bottle service. The math here was off so after introductions to these dudes I went to explore the club. There were zero females at the bar area. I posted up here for a bit but I wasn’t seeing any opportunities. I got some strong eye contact from one of the older chick bartenders but she was average looking so I didn’t pounce on it. The dance floor was dominated by 70% guys all night long. I did want to waste my entire night here so I bounced after a bit.

[attachment=15003]

I grabbed a taxi from Condesa to Polanco another nightlife area and told the taxi driver to take me to Pata Negra based off advice on the forum. Pata Negra ( Avenida Tamaulipas and Nuevo Leon) on Saturday night was cock-filled around 4am on a Saturday night. I could see this from outside the bar and decided not to even enter. From Pata Negra one can walk left or right and spot 3 or 4 alternate spots on either street. Some are more loungey while others are more club-like with a cover charge. I poked my head into a few and ended up paying cover to one on the left of Pata Negra, a smaller place with an $8 cover. This place was lively had top 40 style music a dance floor and a decent ratio. I posted at the bar and ended up getting approached by a cute chica we conversed for a minute she was clearly tipsy and the bartender ended up snagging her. If I had gotten there earlier Im sure things would have gone down differently.

Sun

This night I wanted to switch it up and see the opposite of the Polanco scene, so I went to a Cuban club south from the center in the casa roma neighborhood. There are about 3 Cuban salsa type clubs( Mama Rumba,etc) a few blocks from each other here, unfortunately two of them were closed because it was Sunday. This left only one option, Rincon Cubano. This place is easy to find as its off a major thoroughfare, Insurgentes Blvd.

This was a nice venue with some amazing talent if u like curvy women (legit curvy, not fat curvy) the vast majority here were Cuban; the only problem was it’s a small place and the logistics were atrocious. It was a 100% seated environment and it was ridiculously difficult to get to the girls who were seated at tables that were crunched together. If u had a longer time in the city it could be fruitful but for me it wasn’t worth the effort so I bounced after watching a few dancers shake their sexy asses.

Before calling it a night I rolled out to Condesa one more time, I was told that on a Sunday it’s one of the only places with any life. It was around 3am and most places that were open the previous night were closed. So it was back to Pata Negra, this night the place was only about 60% full but the ratio was much improved.

Upon entering the establishment I got eyefucked by two cute chicks in opposite sides of the venue. I grabbed a drink at the bar, one walk passed me and we started a conversation. It turns out the girl was a Mexican girl from about 2hrs north of D.F. She was leaving tomorrow just like me. It was too perfect. She asked me if I like tequila or if I had tried Mescal. I didn’t think I had mescal before so we proceeded to do a shot. After a few minutes I found out she was only in the club with her two gay friends. She introduced me to them and then I asked her if she wanted get of there. She was definitely down so we grabbed a taxi out front and rolled back to my hotel. I then spent the next few hours putting her pussy in a sarcophagus. This girl turned out to be a superfreak that would’ve made Rick James proud.
I didn’t get to check it out because it was closed Sunday but there is a hip-hop club in Mex city called Bambatta. They also play reggaeton and supposedly draw a big crowd Fridays and Saturdays. Its not too far from the big university.

Daygame

For daygame I would recommend posting up near Cambalache restaurant in Polanco, this area is very walkable and there are a few restaurants with bars and a park down the street where people walk their dogs or just stroll by the fountains. The people here are diverse with a strong Argentinian and Middle Eastern presence mixed in.

[attachment=15005]

Honestly, outside of Polanco I saw very little talent that would inspire me to daygame. My last day in Mex City however I stumbled upon a pedestrian only street called madero near the center. This place is reminiscent of el conde in Santo Domingo,DR or Third St Promenade in LA but with most girls 5”2. It’s a typical middle class area with shops and restaurants and several chains. You will see families here and occasionally some cuties. Probably not a bad place to spend an afternoon. I didn’t get to make it to UNAM the huge Mexican university but as large as this school is there has gotta be some talent around National and International and it’s not too far from the city center.

Im sure I forgot some stuff, if you got any questions, hit me up.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Azul Does Mexico City

Well, it sounds like every brotha on RVF that has been to Mexico City has smashed, even under extreme time constraints. I'm glad you didn't break the tradition. [Image: wink.gif] We gotta hit Monterrey before the end of the year. The stories I'm hearing out of there sound quite promising.

Azul Does Mexico City

Just spent 4 days in Mexico City with THC. I echo what he says. I don't think i have ever been in a place where the average girl is quite so ugly, but it doesn't mean there aren't hotties. Also girls were obviously less reserved than girls in guadalajara, but guadalajara's girls were MUCH hotter on average.

Azul Does Mexico City

Great sheet man. Just repped you up. Always nice to see when someone's observations line up with yours.

I'm glad you got the W. Sorry that Ragga wasn't fruitful on Sat night. Always annoying when you follow advice and then it turns up not being good on that particular night, especially on a short trip. But you persevered and came through. Always worth doing a few venue changes, even if it means jumping in a cab and switching neighborhoods late into the night. Attaboy!

The night I pulled at Ragga, my boy really didn't want to leave Condessa but thankfully I convinced him. That move changed the whole storyline of the trip.

I hadn't read Speakeasy's DF sheet. Going to look for it now.

Azul Does Mexico City

^^^ http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-24585.html

Azul Does Mexico City

Great data sheet, just one comment: the name of the mall is Antara, Andares is in GDL.

Azul Does Mexico City

I was in DF about 2 months ago..got some buns out there as well. I think it's a good location in terms of it's only about 4 hours away but you can get to see a totally different culture. Perfectly doable for a long weekend. Flights/hotels are pretty cheap. I definitely plan to return as I didn't get to see everything I wanted to see out there.

I hit up Ragga when I was out there as well. No luck there in terms of pulls but I don't get the vibe it'd be difficult to do it there. Just a matter of being there at the right time. I will say it was a really nice layout in there.

Did anyone else find language to be an issue out there? My spanish is choppy but understandable, IMO. But it seems like the chilangos didn't agree with the grammar/words I was using. Maybe I've been around too many Dominicans?

Azul Does Mexico City

Quote: (10-19-2013 01:40 AM)lomax10 Wrote:  

Did anyone else find language to be an issue out there? My spanish is choppy but understandable, IMO. But it seems like the chilangos didn't agree with the grammar/words I was using. Maybe I've been around too many Dominicans?

Off the top of my head, if you use words like "china" and "gua gua," they will obviously have no idea what you are talking about. If you say "huachinango," they will think you are talking about a fish. If you don't say "chela," they may act like they don't understand you. I've been visiting Mexico my whole life, so they way people there talk sounds completely normal to me, but I can see how some people there may not completely understand Dominican/Puerto Rican Spanish.

I think we are entering into a Mexico City hype phase. I know from first hand experience that Guadalajara is not a very easy city, especially for short visits. Mexico City does not have the talent that Guadalajara has but it has great volume and easier women, so it is probably the best, or one of the best, options in Mexico.

Azul Does Mexico City

Quote: (10-19-2013 03:34 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I think we are entering into a Mexico City hype phase. I know from first hand experience that Guadalajara is not a very easy city, especially for short visits. Mexico City does not have the talent that Guadalajara has but it has great volume and easier women, so it is probably the best, or one of the best, options in Mexico.

This was the general vibe I felt too. So what's the best strategy if you have limited time in GDL? To pipeline?

Azul Does Mexico City

Quote: (10-18-2013 08:44 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Well, it sounds like every brotha on RVF that has been to Mexico City has smashed, even under extreme time constraints. I'm glad you didn't break the tradition. [Image: wink.gif] We gotta hit Monterrey before the end of the year. The stories I'm hearing out of there sound quite promising.

Im looking forward to Monterrey as well. I met a cool dude from Monterrey when I was at the cuban club in D.F. He hyped it up pretty good said talent is very good and girls are receptive. This lines up with what Intl Swagger and others have said on the forum. Shit is going down!

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Azul Does Mexico City

Quote: (10-19-2013 01:40 AM)lomax10 Wrote:  

I was in DF about 2 months ago..got some buns out there as well. I think it's a good location in terms of it's only about 4 hours away but you can get to see a totally different culture. Perfectly doable for a long weekend. Flights/hotels are pretty cheap. I definitely plan to return as I didn't get to see everything I wanted to see out there.

I hit up Ragga when I was out there as well. No luck there in terms of pulls but I don't get the vibe it'd be difficult to do it there. Just a matter of being there at the right time. I will say it was a really nice layout in there.

My spanish is very D.R.-influenced and I didn't have any problems being understood. Maybe I sub-conciously dialed the accent back a little bit though.

Azul Does Mexico City

Quote: (10-19-2013 03:38 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

This was the general vibe I felt too. So what's the best strategy if you have limited time in GDL? To pipeline?

Probably. Daygame in the malls was a complete bust for me. I made it to the downtown area once during the tail end of my trip and it looked decent for daygame. I'll spend a good amount of time there the next time I go. It seems like it's mostly nightgame there, but as I said it's not the easiest city.

Azul Does Mexico City

I was for business in MTY this week and its awesome.

Azul Does Mexico City

I wish Speak made it into Polanco. I found the talent there to be pretty high end and very diverse compared to the city in general. There's a lot of well off Latin Americans from many different countries and ancestries that hang out there (including Middle Eastern and European). Can't imagine it being any better elsewhere in Mexico (unless you're talking about averages from different cities in general).

I want to explore some more places in Polanco on my next trip. Hotels bars, etc. It seemed social circle was a big thing which makes sense since that's often the case in wealthy areas no matter where you go. I didn't even bang a Chilanga, just a British girl who chose me almost immediately after entering Ragga.

Azul Does Mexico City

Have any of y'all:

1 - banged girls from: xochimilco, iztapalapa, Cuidad Neza, itzacalco, Gustavo A Madero or the regular side of the city?

2 - gone to Santa Fe?

It'll be interesting how a foreigner could do there.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Azul Does Mexico City

Quote: (10-19-2013 04:50 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I wish Speak made it into Polanco. I found the talent there to be pretty high end and very diverse compared to the city in general. There's a lot of well off Latin Americans from many different countries and ancestries that hang out there (including Middle Eastern and European). Can't imagine it being any better elsewhere in Mexico (unless you're talking about averages from different cities in general).

I want to explore some more places in Polanco on my next trip. Hotels bars, etc. It seemed social circle was a big thing which makes sense since that's often the case in wealthy areas no matter where you go. I didn't even bang a Chilanga, just a British girl who chose me almost immediately after entering Ragga.

Yeah, luckily I had some social network there to play off or I may have came up empty handed. I got decent replies off pipelining on CS, but the problem there is that many girls rarely check their email so they'd reply long after I moved on. I made the mistake of thinking I could pipeline immediately before my trip and there'd be a bunch of replies in my inbox the second I got off the plane. Probably need a week minimum to get started on that. Two is even better.

Some more spots in Polanco:

https://www.klm.com/destinationguide/us_...htlife.htm

Azul Does Mexico City

I enjoyed Mexico City but I definitely got the vibe it isn't for everyone. I think you have to be a certain type of traveler and have a certain amount of patience to appreciate it.

Azul Does Mexico City

Quote: (10-19-2013 06:19 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Have any of y'all:

1 - banged girls from: xochimilco, iztapalapa, Cuidad Neza, itzacalco, Gustavo A Madero or the regular side of the city?

2 - gone to Santa Fe?

It'll be interesting how a foreigner could do there.

I'm trying to get out to Santa Fe and Lomas next time I'm out there. I wanna see some women who look like they're on the cast of La Tempestad.

Azul Does Mexico City

Quote: (10-19-2013 03:45 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Quote: (10-18-2013 08:44 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Im looking forward to Monterrey as well. I met a cool dude from Monterrey when I was at the cuban club in D.F. He hyped it up pretty good said talent is very good and girls are receptive. This lines up with what Intl Swagger and others have said on the forum. Shit is going down!

When you are ready to hit Monterrey let me know. Been there twice this year and want to hit it once more this year. I roamed where the fresas are and strucked out both times. My daygame was alot better than night in MTY. Anyway any weekend you go I am down.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Azul Does Mexico City

Maybe we should plan a meet up. I'd love to check out my first Mexican city with RVF members

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Azul Does Mexico City

Quote: (10-19-2013 08:32 PM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

Maybe we should plan a meet up. I'd love to check out my first Mexican city with RVF members

Ill host you guys gladly.

Azul Does Mexico City

that's very true, and one reason why i want to live in GDL for 2 years at least.