rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

T-mobile now offers free international data in 100+ countries.

I don't know the catch here, but apparently T-mobile is offering you FREE UNLIMITED DATA and Texting (probably domestic US only though) in 100+ countries.

I'm really tempted to switch, and if you travel internationally frequently this is basically a no brainer. No more buying sim cards or hunting Wifi Hotspots.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2425436,00.asp (includes list of countries)

http://www.t-mobile.com/international/ro...mWorldwide

edit: Saw this:

Quote:Quote:

The carrier is also not that concerned that customers will now rush to travel, overloading the system. Legere said T-Mobile has modeled this up to 50x normal usage.
Don't expect to be streaming Netflix while lounging on the beaches of Barcelona, though. The option will only provide data at 2G speeds, and T-Mobile warned that it is not for those who plan to spend more than six weeks overseas. In any three-month period, at least half of data usage should be done in the U.S.
If you need high-speed data, T-Mobile offers 100MB for a one-day $15 pass, a 7-day 200MB pass for $25, or $50 for 500MB over 14 days. When someone lands in a particular country, T-Mobile will send a text message offering up the various plans.
Voice calls, meanwhile, will not be more than 20 cents per minute, T-Mobile said, while calls to landlines will be free in more than 70 of the partner countries. Stateside international talk and text is available for $10 per month.

For those that want to see Breaking Bad while in Russia for 3 months, you're out of luck.

"The option will only provide data at 2G speeds, and T-Mobile warned that it is not for those who plan to spend more than six weeks overseas. In any three-month period, at least half of data usage should be done in the U.S."

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

I don't think most unlocked phones will give you LTE anyway in most countries. I "unlocked" my galaxy S4 but for some reason the data wasn't working in Germany (on Sprint). I heard I had to root the device and do all these settings.

It depends on the cell phone bands, the phone has to be compatible with the network to use 3g/4g. ATT works in Mexico's Telcel Network and TMo will work on Movistar as their bands are the same.

Not to mention that most countries are just starting to roll out their LTE networks.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.