rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dubai and traveller lifestyle

Found this forum recently searching for info on the perpetual travelling. Have read a lot of the past posts in the Travel section. This is a seriously useful resource here. Thanks to all the past contributors; if any are reading this.

One place I haven't found all that much info on is Dubai. Does anyone here have first hand experience of living there for an extended period? I'm thinking of relocating there in order to establish domicile in a tax-free jurisdiction, save up some money for a year or so and then ideally start the international traveller/playboy lifestyle. I am from a country where people are not subject to income tax so long as they are physically out the country for more than half the tax year and have formally established domicile elsewhere.

Anyway, back to Dubai. Have read that the babe situation is not that great there. Poor male/female ratio and a lot of the hot chicks that are there from EE, Russia or Asia are involved in the P4P market. I have not moral or legal problem with this but it's not my scene. If anyone has any up to date info on the situation there it would be great to hear it. Also any feedback on how the strict Sharia laws (eg theoretically unmarried couples may not live together...) affect everyday Westerners would be appreciated. My understanding is that it's not a big deal and non-Muslims are given a get out of jail free card. Unless they really piss of the wrong person.

Otherwise I have lots of interest in finding out about how people manage the mobile traveller/playboy lifestyle. I have lived and worked on three continents, but always for very long stretches in each place. I'd like to get to see more places by moving more often. I see that South America is very popular with guys in this forum. What's the big attraction compared to the other five inhabited continents?

It's all about preference, cost, weather etc etc... can be a million factors. To each his own! For Dubai everything you stated is true. What is good, is that you can save a good chunk of your income if you have the right setup. Use the search function here, or check out the blogs and interviews Roosh put up on his site.

Some information: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1359.html

Great. Thanks for the link Roosh.

Looks like Dubai is more for making money and either getting out ASAP, or taking lots of breaks in more sane regions of the world. At least they have really good connections to almost everywhere on Emirates Airlines.

Anybody else have any ideas on other no/low tax regions with good job prospects and earning potential like Dubai? The carribean tax havens have no real economy to speak of.

I actually know of one Arab guy, decently wealthy but nothing spectacular, who was cleaning up with European girls in Dubai. He knocked up several Eastern European girls, married a German, had a Norwegian mistress, among other exploits. More surprisingly, the guy was ugly as a pit bull and sloppy fat.

I was in Dubai for a week back in May. It had a good vibe for potential investment/job opportunities. I spoke with several Arab and American businessmen. If you have the capitol to move there and get connected I would think it could pay off in the long run. There are still the occasional job that pays around $130K with american companies if you have a technical background. Dubai is expensive, however, and I recommend finding employment that will at least cover your expenses until something better comes up. I stayed in the Sea View Hotel for $80 a night (non ocean view). I consider that a steal for the area. Some co-workers split $700 a night rooms. The Sea View has a club attached to it with one of the best house bands I've ever heard. It has four pinays fronting the band. The club has a high entry fee, $20-30, and all the girls in there are P4P. You can find businessmen in there traveling through. The Irish village is near the airport and is fucking awesome. The drinks are expensive the place gets a lot of Westerners passing through at all hours of the day. Some of the girls I suspect are working for the airlines. It's a good place to hookup and make business contacts. That's all I got for Dubai but hope this helps.

BTW- This forum is amazing and is having a profound impact on where I plan my next trip. Cheers.

Aliblahba

Thanks for the info. $80/night is pretty good for a short-term stay in a hotel. If I do move there I'd be looking at an apartment in a place like the Marina district, since I like city centre/high rise districts. From what I can find on the web prices of smallish non-water facing flats there are not ridiculously expensive.

Will keep the Irish village in mind re business contacts. The problem with Dubai I see is that it's not a great place to find girls. But it seems so well connected to the world that it should be a good place to establish so,me sort of base.

Yes, this is a great forum. Lot's of info for IMM's to use in constructing their lifestyle. Where are you off to next then? After reading this forum my top pick would have to be one of the Baltic states.