rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Must see documentary: National Geographic on alpha males

-They did couple of experiments in which they put individuals in random,often tricky situation,and watched their behavior.
-Former interrogator was observing them ,put them in rather uncomfortable situations and observed their reactions.
-Basically the lesson is your voice,your posture , and the way you act will determine what role you have

Check out 26:00 when the girl arrives. Very interesting documentary

This show is awesome. Very well produced.

Great way to learn alpha-like behaviors.

Very non-PC and red-pill.

I can already see how to change up my game.

Even more relevant:

Shit. I'm gonna have to wear Mystery platform boots if I want to get that tall lol.

Edit: Thanks E10GMA10 for providing something educational, it's been quite a while since something good comes up on Discovery. Also, the video shows that females are drama queens and no female is worth fighting over, especially with a gorilla. Video shows example of white knights, the alpha gives no fucks.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Last two minutes sum up the whole thing. Worth the watch though

Primatologist chick seemed a bit tingly when she talked about Alpha chimps. "I wasn't quick enough..."

It's better to be an alpha monkey than a beta human!

This is great. Body language is probably the most important aspect of attraction.

What's interesting is that he says girls will bring out the alpha in men. The implication for game here are that maybe we go for girls not just to have an orgasm, which we can easily do on our own, but because we do it to feel more alpha or powerful.

This brings up a lot questions about the motivations of the player. If it's about feeling powerful, then maybe that signals that he feels insecure in other areas of his life.

Another interesting thing here is that it makes me think that alcohol isn't really what makes guys get into fights at bars. Maybe it's the presence of females who appear to be more sexually available then usual. This why going out on the weekends to most bars can suck.

Truth is, who are you really competing with on the weekends? Boring people who are desperately trying to mate because either try don't have, or don't believe they have options during the week.

So, in a way, via guilt by association, you are actually lowering your status by hanging out at clubs filled with boring people.

Trying to mate with boring plane jane girls who are in the 6-7 range is also bringing you down because why would a man with options lower himself like that? Those girls can read you in this as well: If you have access to beautiful women, why would you be talking to them? They sense that something is off. Same with online game.

This is why every guy on this forum should recognize that it's not just about the boner test; we should all be working to advance our ability to access the most beautiful women.

Putting yourself in a uncool position is not just a waste of time, but it also works against you.
If every guy on here made a real push to get the hottest girls and we shared that knowledge here, I believe it really would be a return of kings.

Quote: (10-15-2013 12:30 PM)NY Digital Wrote:  

Even more relevant:

'He gets the ultimate prize, the ladies contact number', what? Bonobo playful for intro, but you have to switch to a more agressive push to close.

The 48 laws of power??? Watch this shit.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

What I took away from it, and I think it ties into many other discussions here:

Alpha is natural. You can puff up your chest all you want, talk loudly, be aggressive, etc. but when confronted by a natural alpha, you'll drop like a sack of potatoes. You're either born with it, or you're not. Such is nature.

The truth is that many can't achieve alpha status because the laws of nature provide for a hierarchical balance and an innate, subconscious sense of social structure and order. Notice the beta apes - they try acting alpha by feigning large size and by acting aggressive, and by snatching females only in the right circumstances. The second a true alpha comes along, they're right back to where they started.

I see the "red pill within the red pill" as being the realization that not everyone can be an alpha, no matter how hard someone may try. You can learn game, style, confidence, posture, etc., but as Quintus Curtius (http://www.returnofkings.com/19460/every...king-point) implies, only reaching the true breaking point of human endurance reveals what kind of man you are.

Feigning alpha behavior will get you laid, make you respected, and advance your career. But it does not make you an alpha.

It advocated "faking it until you make it". It also corroborated everything we discuss on here. Jezebel in 3, 2, 1...

SHUT NAT GEO DOWN FOR MAKING MISOGYNIST RAPE SHOWS. THE PRODUCERS NEED TO BE KILLED WITH FIRE...ASSHATS.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (10-15-2013 12:30 PM)NY Digital Wrote:  

Even more relevant:

Check out gmanifesto at 21:18
Interesting that intelligence is a highly attractive trait in apes.
puppies = chick crack

I have a new theory about why crew-cut t-shirts look so uptight and uncool.

They make it look like your head is cut-off from your body. They don't show of your chest. They look kind of gay and "by-the-rules" boring proletariat etc.

There are too many variables in defining who is alpha or not. I prefer to rely on deferrence and acknowledgement.

If a guy defers naturally to a higher ranking alpha, then you know his place in the rank.

If a guy is able to keep his frame with another alpha, then his alpha cred is recognized. He didn't defer and he keeps his space.

There can be many alphas. In fact, this is how groups are formed and protected. Betas are the ones who normally start fights. If you present enough high value, you'll naturally get other guys to defer or acknowledge your cred.

I just watched the experiment at the end. Its amazing how predictable things can be. The well dressed guy dominated the girl and then went on to resolve the danger. (yes I just spoiled it).

The lesson to me is that if you aren't naturally dominant, at least fake it till you make it to take advantage of other people's sterotypes.

Things like, dressing well, kino without permission, doing what you want and not looking to others for approval will all help...and all are well documented for instruction on this forum.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

I like the part in the middle of the video where guys just went and sat next to other people in the mall or stood in the middle of two guys and they didn't get any shit.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Great video

Really soldified the importance of being big

valhalla

Interesting documentary.

Great video and worth the 45 mins to watch it. Like they say, body language (and action) are the bulk of our communication, tone of voice comes second, and content is the least important.

To sum up the video:
*** SPOILER ALERT***
Alpha is...
1. Big - the bigger the more dominating, the more alpha
2. Dominating body language - firm handshake, eye contact, etc
3. Taking up space around you and claiming territory
4. Deep, strong voice
5. Going for what they want immediately (girl)
6. Calm under pressure (control the situation)
7. Take care of the group (create dependency of group on you)

If you're not alpha, you can "fake it till you make it" ... or try to at least. But like someone said above, once face to face with a genuine alpha, you will probably submit to him right away.

"Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes and tricks"

Quote: (10-16-2013 04:25 AM)Gemini Wrote:  

Great video and worth the 45 mins to watch it. Like they say, body language (and action) are the bulk of our communication, tone of voice comes second, and content is the least important.

To sum up the video:
*** SPOILER ALERT***
Alpha is...
1. Big - the bigger the more dominating, the more alpha
2. Dominating body language - firm handshake, eye contact, etc
3. Taking up space around you and claiming territory
4. Deep, strong voice
5. Going for what they want immediately (girl)
6. Calm under pressure (control the situation)
7. Take care of the group (create dependency of group on you)

If you're not alpha, you can "fake it till you make it" ... or try to at least. But like someone said above, once face to face with a genuine alpha, you will probably submit to him right away.

I think that the bolded is pretty dumb. Only pussies and retards would waste time "consoling" the girl when a rampaging gorilla was on the loose -- and only pussies would think "victory" entails shutting the door (half of which was a glass pane). Whether or not this gets the guy laid (it won't), supposing Billy Badass swaggered into the room with the severed gorilla's head, nobody (sane) would question this bloodstained alpha should he decide to drag the girl off and rape her in the woods.

It is interesting though that these documentarians consider fairly beta behavior (with respect to girls) to be "alpha". I guess the metric really is "in comparison to the group" - well shit, most groups just plain suck, anybody who moves first can be an alpha male.

In the same respect, the black dude who was the alpha male of the car repair group had some of the shittiest game I'd ever seen. Usually when you get guys that are too bold from the get-go, it's because they have absolutely no game to back up their seemingly enormous pretensions. He also had to show ownership over the men (gay) and flash off his six-pack in the photo (also gay). No game, none whatsoever.

Quote: (10-16-2013 01:41 PM)Hades Wrote:  

In the same respect, the black dude who was the alpha male of the car repair group had some of the shittiest game I'd ever seen. Usually when you get guys that are too bold from the get-go, it's because they have absolutely no game to back up their seemingly enormous pretensions. He also had to show ownership over the men (gay) and flash off his six-pack in the photo (also gay). No game, none whatsoever.

He had game.

He had excellent body language. Stood and walked erect, but not too stiffly. He took up space.

Strong intonation. He spoke slowly. He used his diaphragm when he spoke. This is the kind of voice that cuts through crowds at loud clubs.

His approach wasn't the best, but he went right for it. Most guys would hang back and find excuses not to approach. It was a direct opener, the main criticism is he didn't follow up when she ignored him.

Did he have game compared to guys on here? Maybe not. But I'm willing to bet he's better at pulling girls than the other guys in the group and better than the average man for that matter.

Physical presence can be sufficient to counter lack of game in many cases.

The original "alpha" probably just has to run "don't fuck this up too bad" game. That being said, I haven't watched the whole thing yet, so I'm not entirely certain just how bad we're talking

Quote: (10-16-2013 01:47 PM)Therapsid Wrote:  

Quote: (10-16-2013 01:41 PM)Hades Wrote:  

He had game.

He had excellent body language. Stood and walked erect, but not too stiffly. He took up space.

Strong intonation. He spoke slowly. He used his diaphragm when he spoke. This is the kind of voice that cuts through crowds at loud clubs.

His approach wasn't the best, but he went right for it. Most guys would hang back and find excuses not to approach. It was a direct opener, the main criticism is he didn't follow up when she ignored him.

Did he have game compared to guys on here? Maybe not. But I'm willing to bet he's better at pulling girls than the other guys in the group and better than the average man for that matter.

Pretty much everything is better than the 'average man'.

I don't doubt at all that this black dude gets laid all the time (he's lean and ripped, looks like an actor), but looking damned good, being confident, and being an AMOG isn't necessarily game. Sure, this guy would end up my boss - great leadership skills - but I'd probably not have a terribly difficult time fucking his wife without him noticing.

Ugly guys who start with less inherent value (but the same drive towards pussy) end up with better game to compensate. That's just a fact - a corollary to this is that very good looking guys don't require a high game threshold to get laid.

If this guy read some basic game materials and tried them, or upgraded his conversational skills, he'd be completely unstoppable. However this is just something he doesn't need to do. He's already high value.

Great video!

I'm surprised and glad to see that Heartiste just did a breakdown on this as well: http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2013/10/1...e-is-real/

Quote:Quote:

Video highlights:

- Being a big man automatically confers alpha status, but the effect is contextual. A small man with the right attitude, as you will see later in the video, can out-alpha a big man.

- Conversely, being a little man automatically confers beta status, unless the little man acts in a way to dispel the assumption. So, yeah, you shorter men have an extra hurdle to clear that taller men don’t have. But it is surmountable.

- There really are body language and voice “tells” that reveal whether a man is alpha or beta. These subtle mate value cues have been discussed numerous times before on CH. Check the archives. A man with tight game knows that body language and tonality — how to stand, sit, make eye contact, speak with authority — are crucial components of seduction.

- Don’t ever put your palm facing up when challenged by anyone. It’s a classic submissive gesture.

- Remember, when shaking hands, try to position your hand that so that lays slightly atop the hand of the person you’re greeting. Most people will acquiesce quietly to this dominance move. (Knowledgable CH readers will notice it right away and attempt a counter-maneuver, resulting in a hilarious hand-twisting spectacle resembling a game of thumb wrestling.)

- It’s better to hold eye contact to the point of discomfort than to avert your gaze prematurely.

- Men with salt and pepper hair shouldn’t bother getting it dyed. The touch of gray is a high status cue. (Note: Does not work the same for women, who will just look old and unsexy with gray hair.)

- When you hug, make sure your arms are on the outside of the hugbox.

- Take up space, own the space, claim other people’s space. Any vagina within that space will then assume it is subject to your jurisdiction, and behave accordingly.

- A smaller, less stereotypically masculine man, can out-alpha bigger and harder-looking men by using simple mannerism tricks. Proof that alpha is more about attitude than appearance.

- Don’t sit at the corners of a rectangular table.

- You might think that being the Number 2 Alpha would be enough to get plenty of girls, but female hypergamy is insatiable. Number 1 gets exponentially more attention than Number 2 gets from women.

- Alpha males PROJECT their voices. I have yet to meet a successful salesman who didn’t have a booming voice that commanded attention. You may think an obnoxiously loud voice is the Call of the Douchebag but, you know, chicks dig douchebags. Are you gonna bitch about it or are you gonna play to win?

- There’s a reason a seductive male voice is a register lower in tone: It sounds dominant. For those men who don’t have naturally deep voices, it is possible to practice speaking in a lower tone, and to avoid reverting to a higher-pitched beta singsong. See the “get out of my box” experiment in the video. Really outstanding demonstration of how a stronger vocal tone can immediately command respect and obeisance from others.

- Having a woman around you, silently and subconsciously judging your male qualities, can boost your alphaness. This may explain the phenomenon of beta male orbiters; perhaps they realize on some deep level that they act stronger in the company of a woman than they do alone, or with other men. This doesn’t compensate for their wretched beta supplication and willingness to be used as emotional tampons, but you can’t fault them for trying to find and exploit any edge, no matter how trivial.

- The “sneaky fucker” strategy really does work.

- Direct game (like the kind Naftalie uses on the girl at around the 28:30 minute mark) has its place in any man’s arsenal of allure, but it’s clear that bold direct game is a high risk, high reward proposition. If the girl doesn’t take your direct game bait, you can quickly be out-alphaed by *her*. Indirect game is lower risk, lower reward but, like the parable of the tortoise and the hare, it’s my observation that, over the long run, the ingenuity of indirect game will result in more successful pickups.

- For those interested in the racial angle, it appears black men have more “up front” alpha body language — that is, black men engage in more conspicuous alpha displays such as strutting, bellowing, and space monopolizing. But white men (and in particular nerdy ectomorphs) have a compensating version of alpha game that can neutralize heavy-handed posturing by more physically aggressive adversaries: They lean on their smarts. (See the tech-savvy display at the 27:30 mark.) There are, indeed, plenty of exceptions to this rule. See, for example, the total lack of strutting by another black guy in the group, Isem.

- Open body language beats closed body language, nearly every time. Exception: Any time a beatdown that you want to avoid is imminent. #LiveToSeduceAnotherDay

- If you posture or behave like a beta male, you will FEEL like a beta male, and women will practically SMELL the beta stink on you. So make it a habit to posture like an alpha male as often as possible. That alpha male posturing will transform you into a real life, breathing alpha male, even down to your hormones.

- WE ARE HARD-WIRED, BIOMECHANICAL AUTOMATONS carrying out the directives of ancient genetic algorithms. We are also expert at deluding ourselves otherwise.

- Acting like an alpha isn’t all poon-chasing fun and games. It also lowers cortisol levels. Low stress is a formula for a long, healthy life.

- Alpha humans, like alpha apes, react to the world with amused mastery. Grace under pressure is chicknip. Sometimes it’s to your benefit to sit back and let the beta males and the women squabble amongst themselves.

- At around 36:00 minutes in, we see what happens when the putative alpha male of the group, Naftalie, is challenged by an interloper alpha male (the AMOG). This scene is great as a teaching aid for how to handle AMOGs cramping your style. Commenter YaReally will be very pleased with this scene, because it affirms a lot of his anti-AMOG tactical knowledge; namely, stay calm, stay positive, groom the group, and don’t let the challenger get under your skin.

A few final thoughts:

Some men, like Naftalie, are great alpha males of MEN, but not so great alpha males of WOMEN. This is a not so uncommon disjunct that one finds in some leaders of men who are not very good at being seducers of women. We all know that captain of industry (in whatever flavor) who nonetheless acts like a dullard or an oaf in the company of women. Generally, alpha males of men are also alpha males of women, as the dominance required for the former is also attractive to the latter. But disjuncts do occur, and this opens windows of opportunity for men who may not be leaders of other men, but who are leaders of their own emotions and experts at speaking the female language of love.

Under extreme duress or threat, white knighting as a strategy to bang women may actually work, (see the last experiment in the video). But you have to be prepared to back up your white knight posturing with real intention.

Ever notice how most primatologists in the field are women? It’s almost as if… chicks dig dangerous apes!

Chateau Heartiste is proud to see the concepts of this community, and the wider game community, spreading into the mainstream. I expect the whining and shrieking denials of haters to reach a very beta-ish fever pitch in the coming years.

One more final thought: For those of you men still doubting the seductive power of alphatude, think on how you feel when you see a gorgeous woman with an hourglass figure, bodacious titties, and a firm round ass pass by you. Now remind yourself that the immediate thermonuclear blast of lust which you feel then is the SAME feeling that women have when they are in the company of a dominant alpha male. They, like you, can’t help themselves. It’s just the way they were drawn.

This wasn't a bad documentary. They presented the subject in a light-hearted way and managed to cover some interesting biological facts. Of course, it is highly edited so I am sure contrived to illustrate their points. It was interesting how the alpha male of the mechanics was so easily rattled by the female when his dominance over the other males was effortless. Also, for humans, inner strength and intelligence can trump size. Isn't Putin about 5' 7" ?

Rico... Sauve....

get out of my box!

Quote: (10-16-2013 04:29 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

get out of my box!

That's what Remington should have yelled when he walked in on his GF banging another dude.