rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When is it worth a confrontation?

I don't know if it is me but when I'm in line I always have couple of knuckle heads who try to get in front of me instead of getting back in the line.

Yesterday it happened again. I said "are you not seeing I'm in line?". He made apologizing gesture and moved back.

But sometimes, especially at night when some people are drunk, people are more confrontational. I give cocky answers or downright aggressiveness.

My question. Are you guys always ready to stand your ground? Even if it will ruin your night? When is the right line?

Couple of weeks back, I had some problem. I was in a club in the cue for the bathrooms. Black person comes up gets in front of me out of nowhere. I say "there is the back of the line". He starts shouting "fuck the rules" and I get in his face. People get between us to seperate us and in the chaos he got closer to the door and was closer to the bathroom when people, so he got his way at the end. I didn't throw any punches, neither did I chase him because I was with friends and I didn't want to ruin the night. But when I think back it kind of stings in my mind I let that guy get away with that shit.

Only when you have a lot to gain and a little to lose.

I try to avoid confrontation but sometimes shit just happens, most recently this past Friday when things got real at a Tim Horton's coffee shop in Edmonton at 3am. I was out at a club with a couple of the RVF Oil Sands guys and we stopped at Tim's to wait for a taxi then this young guy, all drunked up and likely strung out on coke starts yelling at the coffee shop staff, these four tiny Filipina girls. We were sat down so I got up and told buddy to fuck off and leave but he keeps beaking off, the staff got on the phone and called the cops because this idiot wasn't going to leave. Then this early 30s drunk slut fucking loses it on buddy, punches him in the head and thankfully Albertron stepped in and took control of her. So for 15 minutes we had to restrain these two retards who made quite the scene, the cops never showed up but the guy eventually left and our taxi showed up, we took the drunk chick with us but she was being such an idiot in the cab that we decided not to take her back to the apartment, we probably could have run a train on her but it was definitely not worth it.

Stupid shit like this happens so often that I forget most of these incidents.

If you are a good player, there are going to be haters out there. This is unavoidable. There are guys who will start shit with you just to spite you.

You have to look at the big picture. Will fighting this guy get me kicked out? Will it make it harder for me to get what I really want tonight?

You should also ask another question: why am I in a situation with assholes like this guy? Should I be hanging out at a place where people act more classy and the women are probably more attractive?

Yet another question: why does this guy/girl think it's OK to step to me? Do I look like a pussy? Do I not look like someone of importance? Would this guy step to me if I was more muscular or famous? Is he just a drunk asshole trying to ruin everyone's night?

Damn man, I know how you feel.

Unfortunately, the cops are too aggressive these days and will always fuck you over with the law even when you're in the right and in self-defense. You always have to foot a huge legal bill.

It's never worth the possible wrath of the law.

What is there you can gain from it? If you can't answer that then it's not worth it.

^^actually if you come across as aggressive You will get in trouble NOT the line cutter. That being said I have seen so many guys stabbed and shot over such little BS. Really do you think having a black eye or cut lip going to make picking up any easier? Who cares if you can lay THEM out in 10 seconds..it takes ONE hit to make you look uglier for a few days/weeks. So basically getting in an alteration will decreases your game and ultimately that's why you are probably out to begin with so best is just to politely say something and if ignored just ignore it.

Body language body language body language

I go out to clubs and recieve nothing but friendly respect nodes from guys. How are you dressed, acting, and are you having a good time?

It sounds like you're acting confrontational and you have closed body language that makes you look uncomfortable.

You should be able to get guys around you to naturaly defer politeness to you. Don't be afraid to make eye contact, walk chin up, and chest out.

You should never want to start a confrontation. You have a lot to lose and only an ego to gain.

an arrest, any arrest, follows you for life. An arrest and conviction for a violent offense can be, probably usually is, a major handicap in the the white collar world.
You really want to risk stuff because you worry what some idiot thinks?