rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Networking by being friends with girls

I read tons of pick-up artist books and most of them concentrate on cold approach. I thinkt there was one pick-up artist who said you should also have a lot female friends.

The motivation behind this is that it is easier to be introduced by female friends to females because it is rejection proof, you don't have to proof yourself socially since you are being introduced by mutual friend. What do you guys think about this?

It was a while back that I read daygame and bang (I need to reread anyway) and I don't remember anything about this. I think Roosh position is, if she doesn't give you pussy, dump her. I think this is wrong since she could indirectly help you get pussy by her social circle. I think this part of the game by networking is underestimated.

I'm not so good in networking. Some people are better at this than others. Do you guys have expierence with this?

Quote: (10-12-2013 02:27 AM)Videl Wrote:  

I read tons of pick-up artist books and most of them concentrate on cold approach. I thinkt there was one pick-up artist who said you should also have a lot female friends.

The motivation behind this is that it is easier to be introduced by female friends to females because it is rejection proof, you don't have to proof yourself socially since you are being introduced by mutual friend. What do you guys think about this?

It was a while back that I read daygame and bang (I need to reread anyway) and I don't remember anything about this. I think Roosh position is, if she doesn't give you pussy, dump her. I think this is wrong since she could indirectly help you get pussy by her social circle. I think this part of the game by networking is underestimated.

I'm not so good in networking. Some people are better at this than others. Do you guys have expierence with this?

Networking through women has always worked for me, and I've written about it before. And I think the Christian and MGTOW manosphere bloggers who say "no female friends - ever!" have no idea what they hell they're talking about and will ruin your game. Don't listen to them.

Having female friends is a form of preselection, so long as you make sure not to become the eternal whiny friendzoned character. Most of the way I hooked up with girls in high school and college was through female friends. Hell, I even had a female friend fix me up with her best friend for a homecoming dance -- and man did that end well!

When I graduated into the workforce I'd sometimes befriend female managers of departments in my building knowing they had hot female underlings. I'd go to the happy hour and be king of the hill since I knew their boss. Sometimes Boss Lady (who was older) would actually help my quest by playing underhanded matchmaker.

Let me give you a concrete example. At college, I knew this average-looking and very weird female photo major who lived in the hall above mine in my dorm. One day she invited me up to her room to see her photos. I could care less about photography. But I perked up when I saw her main subject: her best friend who was hotter than anything I'd ever seen. Unfortunately, the friend went to the nearby all-girls college. So I got close with the photographer and kept my ears open for when Hot Friend was coming to visit. Sure enough, the friend came by, knew about me from the photographer, and we hit it off. We hooked up a few months later and ended up dating and then becoming sex-buddies after college.

The photographer gave me the cold shoulder a bit after the first hook-up, but who cared? My goal was to nail this totally hot babe and I could have never done that had there not been a mutual friend.

This is what I want to do. any links you care to share? man the next level of this I think is getting two of them on you at once! I would love to pull that off!

Quote: (10-12-2013 02:52 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Networking through women has always worked for me...

How about getting into social circles that aren't through work/school.

For example, I am no longer in college, but I still like college girls.

Any advice?

In theory friends with woman is great

But rarely does it work thar way. only problem that I find with female friends is they rarely do things like wingman me, provide value to my life, or introduce me to their female friends(due to jealousy and not wanting to lose her girlfriend). Girls will rarely invite you out to things as friends. The only way you're invited is if she likes you and wants to show you off.

So days, how do you get woman to work for you?

valhalla

Quote: (10-12-2013 03:38 AM)deathtofatties Wrote:  

Any advice?

Where do you work? I worked at a newspaper most of my life and we had a revolving door of interns/mentor students, etc. from area colleges and high schools. Seek them out if possible. I used to be the sort of go-to guy for the high school girls up until I was around 26. Those were the days (it was the 1990s -- things were way different then).

I also ended up around college women when I became a sort of informal mentor to some of the newer employees. Since they were 22-25, they still had friends in college. Their happy hour get togethers would sometimes include college friends. This wasn't really my scene, but you might want to see if it works (if possible).

Finally, the more drastic thing you can do is simply get a job on a college campus. Work in the admin building (or something) and say you're saving up for grad courses. When I was editor of my college paper, I had a friend who worked for me and lied about even being in college, just so he could be around the girls. He sort of deceived me about this, but I wasn't mad because I found it such a ballsy thing to do.

To answer Valhalla: I never had a problem with girls introducing me to their friends. Not sure why. Maybe because some had boyfriends and some were just not my type and I wasn't theirs. You have to be careful who you pick.

Quote: (10-12-2013 04:19 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Quote: (10-12-2013 03:38 AM)deathtofatties Wrote:  

Any advice?

Where do you work? I worked at a newspaper most of my life and we had a revolving door of interns/mentor students, etc. from area colleges and high schools. Seek them out if possible. I used to be the sort of go-to guy for the high school girls up until I was around 26. Those were the days (it was the 1990s -- things were way different then).

I also ended up around college women when I became a sort of informal mentor to some of the newer employees. Since they were 22-25, they still had friends in college. Their happy hour get togethers would sometimes include college friends. This wasn't really my scene, but you might want to see if it works (if possible).

Finally, the more drastic thing you can do is simply get a job on a college campus. Work in the admin building (or something) and say you're saving up for grad courses. When I was editor of my college paper, I had a friend who worked for me and lied about even being in college, just so he could be around the girls. He sort of deceived me about this, but I wasn't mad because I found it such a ballsy thing to do.

Interesting... I've thought about the necessity of lying. Sometimes you just have to, right? The door can close if you don't. Just the way it goes I guess.

I'm a web programmer. It's very isolating work.

I wish social circles with young attractive women were more inclusive, but they aren't necessarily.

I find it very hard to be friends with girls if you just randomly meet them in public.
BUT isn't it hard to be friends with guys as well by that way?

I think you have to offer something special to be friends with them like business transaction.
(You need a realtor to find a good house. Realtor needs to make money off of you)
Isn't it true after people grew up? you might hangout with your high school friends by just doing nothing (watching sports, playing video games, drinking some beer over chit chat etc)
I can't imagine either of us is going to ask each other to do those things after meeting in random places.

In the end, you have to offer something that will benefit them.
(maybe you got connections in business world. you can get them through the door like VIP in clubs. you have the same hobbies and you can show them better. you know the language they want to learn. you have better knowledge in the field they work at.)
Obviously you won't even consider being friends with him/her in the first place if you don't see any future benefits.

When I say something like this, people might say 'not everyone is like that' (it's like girls saying 'I only care about personality' in dating)

The truth is you can't be friends with either of the sex just because you are nice.
Do you care if a girl is just nice? she needs to have that 'hook' right?
That hook in making friends is about 'what you got to offer'

Quote: (10-12-2013 06:19 AM)Sebastian Wrote:  

I find it very hard to be friends with girls if you just randomly meet them in public.
BUT isn't it hard to be friends with guys as well by that way?

I think you have to offer something special to be friends with them like business transaction.
(You need a realtor to find a good house. Realtor needs to make money off of you)
Isn't it true after people grew up? you might hangout with your high school friends by just doing nothing (watching sports, playing video games, drinking some beer over chit chat etc)
I can't imagine either of us is going to ask each other to do those things after meeting in random places.

In the end, you have to offer something that will benefit them.
(maybe you got connections in business world. you can get them through the door like VIP in clubs. you have the same hobbies and you can show them better. you know the language they want to learn. you have better knowledge in the field they work at.)
Obviously you won't even consider being friends with him/her in the first place if you don't see any future benefits.

When I say something like this, people might say 'not everyone is like that' (it's like girls saying 'I only care about personality' in dating)

The truth is you can't be friends with either of the sex just because you are nice.
Do you care if a girl is just nice? she needs to have that 'hook' right?
That hook in making friends is about 'what you got to offer'

There is truth in your words but from my own experience. Guys who have a lot of female friends offer FUN, nothing more. That is why the girls want to hang out with them, introduce them to their friends, go out, etc.

Those are the guys who get laid the most because they have to do minimal effort. Their female friends just hook them up. I'm not that guy. That is why I opened this thread to get some insight.

I do have a friend who has this "social intelligence", offers fun and the life of the party. He talks a lot. He is little bit below average looking. I think it is not what he says or does. His English is worse than mine. I think what makes him what he is, is his intentions. He assumes that girls will like him. He assumes he is the life of the party. He has status.