rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pick a place for me to live

I find myself in a cool situation where I have some say in where I want to work/live. It can basically be anywhere in the continental US, except for Florida or New York.

Right now I'm considering Boston, Columbus OH, Vegas and Philadelphia.

I tried for Phoenix and Newark already, but they're both no-go's. It's kind of complicated how the networking works in my industry because certain places are harder to get to than others.

I'm in my mid-20's, make six figures, single with no kids and no debt.

I'm a novice to game but making strides and want to be in a hot spot where I can swoop girls to my place (so no suburbs or rural areas).

I really hate high cost of living areas (I know Boston isn't the best) and humidity/allergy places. Texas and Oklahoma are really bad for me because of the allergies there.

No huge preference for weather besides that. I like all of the seasons but sunny and hot all the time like Tucson would be cool.

If anyone has experience with the places I mentioned above, or you think you have some cool background on a city/state I should check out, I'd love to hear from you guys. There is a lot of experience on this board so I'd like to pool from it and learn from everyone's lives.

Thanks!

Los Angeles!
You have many neighborhoods to pick from, hot spots EVERYWHERE, always a party going on at night SOMEWHERE, and it's full of women. People kill to live here.

Listen to Kendrick Lamar/ Dr. Dre's The Recipe:
California is for Women Weed and Weather xD

Man what about the TRAFFIC though! I loved the weather in LA but I've never seen such bad traffic in my life. Anywhere else in Cali look good tho?

Los Angeles traffic isn't that bad as long as you stay away from downtown. I personally commute from home to school to work and other places on a daily basis, probably 40 miles in total, and I don't hit any traffic- even in the mornings and evening commute. I personally think it's worth it. Your major traffic is around the 405/101 interchange, plenty of places in southern California that aren't too bad. Just live on the outskirts of L.A. and you're solid!

Does it have to be in the US? You can work in the Carribbeans, central and south America while still being on the same timezone as your customers in the US using todays technology to elevate your lifestyle.

Interesting. Yeah now that I think about it around the 405 was where I hit the worst traffic of my life. I thought to myself holy fuck I would NEVER live here with this shit.

I'm going to put a pin in this idea and look further into the possibilities around LA. There are several spots that I could work out of around there so I'm gonna dig and see what's possible. I will PM you if I have more questions about this spot bro. Thanks for the suggest.

Boston area, more specifically Somerville, Mission Hill, South Boston, Allston. Less housing cost, still close to action. Relatively safe, too, compared to Philly.

Quote: (10-08-2013 08:45 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Does it have to be in the US? You can work in the Carribbeans, central and south America while still being on the same timezone as your customers in the US using todays technology to elevate your lifestyle.

Yeah, unfortunately it does. Federal job. Insert joke about government shutdown [Image: wink.gif]

I would LOVE to outside the US, believe me.

Quote: (10-08-2013 08:46 PM)Checkmat Wrote:  

Interesting. Yeah now that I think about it around the 405 was where I hit the worst traffic of my life. I thought to myself holy fuck I would NEVER live here with this shit.

I'm going to put a pin in this idea and look further into the possibilities around LA. There are several spots that I could work out of around there so I'm gonna dig and see what's possible. I will PM you if I have more questions about this spot bro. Thanks for the suggest.

No problem, feel free to ask any questions you got!

I'm not a big East Coast guy since the weather is s*** and everything seems more crowded. Boston is alright, but terrible when the weather gets bad. NYC is cool but not a great place (talk about traffic.) You'll kick yourself every day for moving to Ohio when you could go to MUCH better places!

There's a couple of decent-sized cities in Ohio and man the cost of living is NOTHING which is a big appeal. I'll have to pinch my pennies a bit in LA, even on six figures it ain't shit out there. Same for New York.

How do you deal with all the fucking hippie shit on the west coast? I know it's not everyone but man that shit got annoying to me a little bit.

Hippie shit? Stay away from Venice and you're good. Places like Westwood are pretty classy. You could probably move to Encino, Santa Monica (some traffic,) and some other places. Do you want to buy or rent?

Screw Columbus, Zanesville Ohio is where its at!

Quote: (10-08-2013 09:00 PM)CaliforniaSupreme Wrote:  

Hippie shit? Stay away from Venice and you're good. Places like Westwood are pretty classy. You could probably move to Encino, Santa Monica (some traffic,) and some other places. Do you want to buy or rent?

Definitely rent, I'm not even in my late 20's yet. How is the rent in Santa Monica? (specifically one of the places I could go)

I spent a night in Silverlake once. Holy shit I wanted to kill people.

Quote: (10-08-2013 09:06 PM)Checkmat Wrote:  

Quote: (10-08-2013 09:00 PM)CaliforniaSupreme Wrote:  

Definitely rent, I'm not even in my late 20's yet. How is the rent in Santa Monica? (specifically one of the places I could go)

I spent a night in Silverlake once. Holy shit I wanted to kill people.

Ocean view will be expensive as a mother, so not worth it. Out of beach eyeshot but a short commute will be a lot cheaper. Cool thing is that the Promenade is right there in Santa Monica, supposedly a grail site for gaming. Always packed with girls, and it's buzzing every night. You're not too far from all the other parts of L.A., too.

E: Silverlake is terrible cuz of traffic, avoid. Plus, it's not fully "hip" and developed yet.

You mentioned Vegas.

You could live like a king in vegas on 6 figures and you have fresh sluts coming and going literally daily.

How long is your move supposed to be for?

Figured I'd update in here since you guys gave me good feedback on the OP.

McQueen, I felt the waters for Vegas and right now isn't the best time for my job to take me on there, sadly. I would love it if I could and maybe in a few more years.

The move would be for at least 2 years but beyond that I can try and move again whenever I want. The federal govt. is a pretty good employer, uh, sometimes. At least in certain ways. I feel like I'm defending my abusive spouse, heheh.

Anyway the only place that is looking like a real possibility right now is Ohio. I will hear something about that within the next week I think. Ohio State Univ sounds very appealing [Image: wink.gif]

^C-Bus has OSU, which has literally THOUSANDS of fresh young sluts, cost of living is cheap as fuck and you can always travel with your vacation time. Not a terrible move, if Vegas, NYC and LA are not options.

Good luck and don't forget to drop a Data Sheet on Zanesville when you get the chance haha.