rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"My embarrassing picture went viral"

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/02/my_embar...ent_viral/

Quote:Quote:

I logged onto my Facebook one morning to find a message from a girlfriend. “You’re internet famous!” it read. She sent a link to a very public page whose sole purpose was posting images that mock people’s appearances. There I was in full glory — a picture of me dressed as my hero Lara Croft: Tomb Raider for Halloween — but written over the image were the words “Fridge Raider.”

[Image: rSgw023.jpg]

I don’t generally view my body size as positive or negative — it simply is. I eat right (most of the time) and I exercise (an inordinate amount), but it does little, thanks to a struggle with polycystic ovarian syndrome and a failing thyroid gland. I’m strong, I’m flexible and my doctor assures me my health is good, but the fact remains: I’m larger than someone my height should be.

Perfect strangers pointed out that there was nothing wrong with a woman of large size dressing up to have a good time. Some commenters even accurately guessed that I had polycystic ovarian syndrome. The disease is characterized by an accumulation of fat in the stomach, making it look, as one insensitive doctor told me, “like you’ve got a basketball shoved under your shirt.”
Those are not the arms of someone with a basketball shoved under their shirt. What is a sensitive way to say this? "You will look like you've been blessed with a real woman's body"?

In the months since, my attitude toward these throwaway images of mockery on the Internet has changed. I no longer find them funny. Each one of those people is a real human being, a real person whose world imploded the day they found themselves to be a punch line on a giant stage. I speak up whenever a friend gets a cheap laugh from one of these sites. I ask one simple question: “Why do you think this is funny?” Very few have a good answer. Mostly they just say, “I don’t know.” Reminding people of our shared humanity hasn’t exactly made me popular, but it feels like the right thing to do. I know what it’s like to be the person in that horrible photograph. I can’t inflict such pain on someone else.
A good way to suck all the joy out of life! That's how jokes work, there always has to be someone or something as a target.

Caitlin Seida has been writing professionally since 2006. Her work has appeared on Livestrong.com, The Daily Puppy, and Case to Case, among other publications. She lives in Ohio with her husband, daughter and a menagerie of rescued animals.
Beta and cats?

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Best comment:
Quote:GoHomeLoser Wrote:

Amazing how every fat cow in the world insists they 'eat right' and 'exercise tons'. Just amazing.

Thyroid gland problem my ass. You know what you can't do with a failing thyroid gland? *Exercise*:

"Common symptoms include *fatigue*, weight gain, constipation, fuzzy thinking, low blood pressure, fluid retention, depression, *body pain*, *slow reflexes*, etc"

So when she says she's 'strong, flexible, healthy' and 'exercises an inordinate amount', she's not only an ugly fat cow, she's a lying, ugly fat cow.

You want to look like a fat cow? Knock yourself out and have another cheeseburger. You're clearly more interested in doing than instead of, you know, losing weight.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

You know, for people who really do have thyroid or other physical issues causing them weight gain (a cousin of mine has an autoimmune disease and any time her drugs change, she goes from holocaust survivor look to just cleared out all the Mcdonalds in the state look), I genuinely feel bad for them.

However, you get so many land manatees that immediately claim some physical issue is the reason for their size. Your "physical issue" is you're not being physical enough. Cut out the HFC and other crap, develop a solid diet, and move! Walk, jog, bike, hell you can probably spin in circles and get some cardio benefit.

I'd be mad as hell if I had a problem that caused weight gain only to hear every fatty claiming some physical issue as their excuse.

[Image: 834348124_2038293.gif?4]

If you are physically unattractive, don't go around wearing clothes that are supposed to show off your physique.

Quote: (10-04-2013 11:07 AM)soup Wrote:  

If you are physically unattractive, don't go around wearing clothes that are supposed to show off your physique.

[Image: mindblown.gif]

Take care of those titties for me.

“Fridge Raider.”

[Image: laugh2.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

My very first girlfriend had polycystic ovarian syndrome. She actually did eat right, and exercise, and had a flat stomach, nice big tits, and a perky little ass.

Haha that comment is awesome. Fridge raider even more so hahahaa

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (10-04-2013 10:48 AM)Mike5055 Wrote:  

You know, for people who really do have thyroid or other physical issues causing them weight gain (a cousin of mine has an autoimmune disease and any time her drugs change, she goes from holocaust survivor look to just cleared out all the Mcdonalds in the state look), I genuinely feel bad for them.

However, you get so many land manatees that immediately claim some physical issue is the reason for their size. Your "physical issue" is you're not being physical enough. Cut out the HFC and other crap, develop a solid diet, and move! Walk, jog, bike, hell you can probably spin in circles and get some cardio benefit.

I'd be mad as hell if I had a problem that caused weight gain only to hear every fatty claiming some physical issue as their excuse.
A friend of mine whos gonna be a doctor told me has a thyroid condition and she has to take t4 and regularly tested. Shes very fit, and its not the end of the world really, most of those fat cows dont really have any medical condition like you said.

^ Correct. If you have a thyroid deficiency, you just take thyroid medication. It restores the person's level to normal.

It really is that simple.

Well said, Soup.
She's pissed mostly because she genuinely thought she looked good in that getup. When the reality is every man needs to bleach their eyes after seeing it.

Fridge Raider: "Oh, I know what I'll be for Halloween, I'll be a strong, independent woman, Lara Croft, and wear a sexy tank top. People have told me I look like Angelina Jolie."

Anyone with an ounce of sense or a real friend: "Don't! You're too fat and will look stupid."

She dressed up like Lara Croft because she wanted attention. Be careful what you wish for fatty.

UGH.

Alright, here's a little something to wash out the eyes. This is how it's done:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCcN167rfXGXnPOCnh6kU...G6GTPj1ayQ]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlwOLlFkDyMY8ulwh7yxL...QWrkCV4QXg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5ANAi2nr7hAFD0Yxm413...Ut2Nh-ZG1A]

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

^ And how to wear the costume correctly in real life:

[Image: eidos_publicity_pic.jpg]

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Wait a second, she is wearing a lara croft costume? OK that is just hilarious, just as funny are all of the comments saying 'you're so brave!"

Fridge Raider's so called "exercise" probably consists of her walking slowly on the treadmill followed by a couple minutes of brief stretching. And, if her thyroid condition allows her, 10-15 crunches providing her neck with much needed exercise while the rest of her body remains still. With that invigorating gym session, chins will be burned.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

The comments on that article are just evil, it's all "you're so brave" and "you're great", "you go girl", "I'm so proud", "you look great the way you are", blah blah blah, continually feeding delusions. Women really are cruel in a way men can't be.

That's a fat-ass hippo.

Quote: (10-05-2013 12:42 AM)Teutatis Wrote:  

The comments on that article are just evil, it's all "you're so brave" and "you're great", "you go girl", "I'm so proud", "you look great the way you are", blah blah blah, continually feeding delusions. Women really are cruel in a way men can't be.

I honestly believe that women are bigger misogynists than men could ever be. They sabotage each other with a smile.

Ya, even if it isn't your fault that you are overweight (i.e. you have a legitimate medical condition and actual DO NOT consume more calories than a person with your target weight/BMI/metabolism should be eating) it still IS your fault that you dress in a way that fills airplanes to enroute to Thailand with frustrated male asses.

I'm the King of Beijing!

EA Games just signed a deal to make a game. Laura Kraft: Fridge Raider.

DLC's will include:

Mystery of Mac n' Cheese Mansion

Coupe of the Corn Nuts

Battle with the Shake n' Bake Sultan

Climbing Cheeze Whiz Mountain

Battle of the Boca Burgers

Raid on Ritz Crackers

For a morning snack today, I ate 1 medium apple and a small handful of raw almonds.

I guarantee you this "woman" couldn't make that statement this year. Hell, the past decade.

Her main problem is that she doesn't see a problem. Its sad that no one will tell her to face, especially her "doctor".

Don't worry about it, just increased my healthcare costs as a single, healthy male so that these beasts can continue to indulge.

She's starring in a new German movie called Das Gravy Boot. She plays a whale that gets torpedoed by a German U-Boat when the crew runs low on food.

[Image: dasboot-suspense.jpg]

What's been seen cannot be unseen

Never go down on a fat chick without one of these:

[Image: db1.jpg]

she should've dressed up as kirby!