rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Iphone Mass Texting App

Iphone Mass Texting App

Just got an iphone ios7 and can't figure out how to create a group in my contacts.

I know there was a few posts on some app that is good for group texts, but I can't find it in the search.

Does anyone know how to create a group and send out a text that will hide the recipients from each other so it looks like I'm texting everyone individually?

Do I need an app for this?

Also, does anyone know how to save a picture from a girl's OKC profile into my contacts?

Iphone Mass Texting App

From what I know, it can't be done. It's a real pain in the ass.

Iphone Mass Texting App

Quote: (09-29-2013 10:38 AM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

From what I know, it can't be done. It's a real pain in the ass.

That sucks. Part of the reason I got iphone was to have more control over my texts.

I want to be able to create a group with unlimited number of people.

There's got to be some app out there that does this...

Update: I found this: http://www.masstextmessage.com/?page_id=15 has anyone tried it?

This one too:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hypertex...03623?mt=8

Iphone Mass Texting App

You can just add many recipients in messages app and then send the text.

Iphone Mass Texting App

Quote: (09-29-2013 11:18 AM)Dkby Wrote:  

But everyone's numbers will show, OP wants to do a BBC or something like it.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Iphone Mass Texting App

Will it allow me to save the group and does it hide the recipients from each other?

I've tuened off imessage in settings.

Iphone Mass Texting App

Soup: You can screenshot their picture.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Iphone Mass Texting App

Yeah you can't do it from iPhone. If you have a mac you can create groups in your address book(on the mac) and sync your contacts. The groups will appear on your phone after. It's a shitty of doing it. You're better off with a contacts management app. There's some decent free ones that will do what you want.

Beware of mass texting girls though. When one replies its a "reply to all" instead of just "reply to sender". All on the group text will get pinged. I stopped doing that long ago. Copy/paste is your best friend.

Team Nachos

Iphone Mass Texting App

Quote: (09-29-2013 11:54 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Beware of mass texting girls though. When one replies its a "reply to all" instead of just "reply to sender". All on the group text will get pinged. I stopped doing that long ago. Copy/paste is your best friend.
Isn't this only case with iMessage? Standard SMS can't process more information than sender and text.

Iphone Mass Texting App

Quote: (09-29-2013 11:54 AM)Dkby Wrote:  

Isn't this only case with iMessage? Standard SMS can't process more information than sender and text.

I'm not sure. Do you mean when all parties are on iphone?

Team Nachos

Iphone Mass Texting App

Quote: (09-29-2013 11:54 AM)Dkby Wrote:  

I believe this the case: if you shut off imessage in your settings, it won't show everyone to each other.

Iphone Mass Texting App

Seems like the confusion is over now. [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (09-29-2013 11:27 AM)soup Wrote:  

Will it allow me to save the group and does it hide the recipients from each other?

You basically won't make "contact group", but it will create new conversation for you. So next time you want to message these people you will just "reply" to that conversation.
[Image: photo-1.jpg] [Image: photo-2.jpg]

Iphone Mass Texting App

Quote: (09-29-2013 12:22 PM)Dkby Wrote:  

You basically won't make "contact group", but it will create new conversation for you. So next time you want to message these people you will just "reply" to that conversation.

Yes, but how can I save that conversation so it doesn't get lost in my inbox? Is there a way to name it, and search for it in a sent message folder or something?

Iphone Mass Texting App

Well, there are no folders or anything and you can't name it. There's a preview of last message and contacts sent to on app index, so I divide them by that.

Iphone Mass Texting App

Quote: (09-29-2013 12:22 PM)Dkby Wrote:  

Reguardless of whether imessage is on or not , Everyone in that group will see what you send, and everyone will see all responses...the fact remains that if you wish for a private conversation between each recipient in that group then you might as well copy and paste.
Its like one big meeting in a board room, voice your opinion there or wait til later to get the one on one.

Iphone Mass Texting App

This is weird. Because if someone replies to that mass SMS I send, it's not received in group conversation, but that contact's conversation.

Nevertheless, I'm going to try this later, when there are more phones at the house.

Iphone Mass Texting App

I'm baffled that thisn't possible on iphone. How can it be? Does Apple have something against mass texts?

Iphone Mass Texting App

Here's some official info: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5760

And it seems like group messaging is carrier dependent. That's why I get separate replies because messages are sent as multiple SMS (group messaging not supported).

Iphone Mass Texting App

From what I'm reading, ios7 has a problem letting apps send text messages.

Here's what else I've learned about sending mass texts on iphone:

Go to settings and turn off:
imessaging
group messaging
MMS

If you have these things on, then people will see your mass texts.

Iphone Mass Texting App

Try BiteSMS

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63