rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dressing very sharp but having no money

I went shopping for clothes yesterday and it boring and draining, so today i went to a random shop in my way and got some stuff. I was aiming for the sharp/intellectual look but instead wound up with the sharp-rich combo instead.

Thing is the clothes cost me little, but i have a face and build that say: "money", when i dress up.

Anyone have any experience with this? I'm a student and in my field dressing up is common, but i look like this without the tie and watch, but with good looking assorted shoes. Again the clothes themselves cost me little, but they just work very well with my face and built.
I mean people expect a certain type of behaivor and lifestyle to go with that kind of dress, i can't exactly go with the bus dressed like that...

I'm upper middle class and middle class traditionally but due to many circumstances i have no money so i feel like a poser, anyone have any experience with this?

Also do you think that style says "money" , or am i'm just worrying too much?

Quote: (09-27-2013 01:55 PM)Not-found Wrote:  

I went shopping for clothes yesterday and it boring and draining, so today i went to a random shop in my way and got some stuff. I was aiming for the sharp/intellectual look but instead wound up with the sharp-rich combo instead.

Thing is the clothes cost me little, but i have a face and build that say: "money", when i dress up.

Anyone have any experience with this? I'm a student and in my field dressing up is common, but i look like this without the tie and watch, but with good looking assorted shoes. Again the clothes themselves cost me little, but they just work very well with my face and built.
I mean people expect a certain type of behaivor and lifestyle to go with that kind of dress, i can't exactly go with the bus dressed like that...

I'm upper middle class and middle class traditionally but due to many circumstances i have no money so i feel like a poser, anyone have any experience with this?

Also do you think that style says "money" , or am i'm just worrying too much?

With clothes the fit is what matters the most. Also, the most important piece of a wardrobe ensemble are the shoes! If there's one thing you shouldn't go cheap on it's that. Buy quality shoes and with clothes that fit well you can look sharp without spending a grip. Good shoes last much longer as well.

You're worrying too much.
Also, if you feel incongruent with how you really are and what you're showing to the world, women will pick up on that. But on the other hand, if you really like dressing up and you don't have the money to back it up, so the what? Just pretend like you're going through a rough patch in life or lie about it.

Style is accumulated through time and partially, by money. This is why you see many celebrities with bad style. That look in the picture reminds me a lot of how Raf Simons dresses (he's a fashion designer) . You should look up some of his menswear collections for inspiration. Even though he showcases a sharp/streetwear sort of look.

"If men knew all that women think, they would be twenty times more daring."- Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr

I also dress above my socio-economic level.

People assume I have money because I look clean and sharp.

But, I am lower middle class.

Most girls don't care as long as you look decent and can hold a decent conversation.

Rich girls can usually tell that I am not rich. Poor girls and middle class girls can't tell the difference. They assume I am upper middle class. (Until they see my car lol)

I wouldn't worry about it. I would just continue to dress well and then work on your conversation so that your style of dress and your style of speaking and behaving is a ALL CONGRUENT.

Congruency is the key. Own your look, own your style.

Fuck what others think, dress how you want. Im wearing my $400+ Nason boots while driving cab. Deal with it!

I'm not even sure what you're talking about.

I work in a professional environment where the rookies wear off the rack, the seasoned vets wear off a better rack, the principals might go bespoke if they cared or had the time to go for fittings, but the people with the REAL money (our clients), wear whatever the fuck they want to wear. Because it's the money that talks, not a staid suit from Chittleborough & Morgan. When an organization is gonna bill 8 figures over the course of a year, year in and year out, you bend over backwards even if they're in their flip flops and jeans.

In terms of chicks, they couldn't tell a suit with a fused collar versus one with a hanging canvas if their life depended on it.

Real talk, 1,000 pair of shoes, UOENO.

Go to the thrift store. Buy a decent suit for 20 bucks, and fix the sleeves and get the jacket taken in for about 60 bucks. Boom, you're done. You look better than the schlub who bought the top of the line $600 Hugo Boss @ Macy's, better than the dork who got the $1800 Canali @ Nordstrom's, probably better than the fool who paid 6,000 for the Kiton @ their flagship store.

That's all the "class" you'll ever need for picking up broads. Hell, if you're really pressed, by some fake labels and have them shits sewn in, and casually throw your jacket over a chair.

Indeed, suiting up for these chicks will put you in the provider class or the clueless class if you don't know what you're doing.

If you're really trying to look rich for these ho's, you really need stop thinking suits, and start thinking labels. Gaudy Armani and Fendi, horrible sun glasses, goofy looking shoes...basically you have to look some like her favorite movie star heart throb. Going for that Euro Trash/Rick Ross, I have a Lambo outside, and spend a lot of time in South Beach. Subscribe to "Rich Kids of Instagram" if you want to look rich. Those rich fuckers in their spiked loafers and big horse Polo's will show you exactly what rich looks like.

And let go of the idea that rich people are of a different breed.

Rich people can be care free with money, or stingy as shit.
They can be gracious or rude as fuck.
They can be well educated, or they can just have fancy degrees bought for them by their wealth.
They can be rough and tumble entrepreneurs, or sycophant company men who want to know your particulars before they even talk to you.

WIA

I agree with WIA. Thrift shops can have bargains and fit is way important than brand of suit imho. If it looks all baggy and misfitting you look stupid.

Go to styleforum.net and ask andy about clothes. There was also a good post the other day about fit of suit on RVF look for it.

Styleforum,net has threads about thrift store finds, some of these fuckers find pure gold man. So you are money constrained doesn't mean you can't dress well.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (09-27-2013 03:55 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I wouldn't worry about it. I would just continue to dress well and then work on your conversation so that your style of dress and your style of speaking and behaving is a ALL CONGRUENT.

I was harping on this the other day. It might just be the most important thing when it comes to game. Everything MUST fit. Even young girls are savvy at picking up at you faking parts of yourself.

Quote: (09-27-2013 06:41 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

I was harping on this the other day. It might just be the most important thing when it comes to game. Everything MUST fit. Even young girls are savvy at picking up at you faking parts of yourself.

I have to completely disagree with this. The cornerstone of my game is going totally against the grain.

Quote: (09-27-2013 06:45 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (09-27-2013 06:41 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

I have to completely disagree with this. The cornerstone of my game is going totally against the grain.

Right, but going against the grain is your personality. At least from what I know about you. Hence, your game is congruent with who you say you are.

Try thrift stores in or near the rich areas of your city.

Poor girls and middle class girls can't tell the difference.

Many employees can't tell the difference in quality either, and set prices according to familiar brands. I've seen Tommy Hilfiger and Ecko button-ups for $13, while obscure higher quality shirts like Hickey Freeman were priced at $5.

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA

You don't need money to get laid. End of story.

Team Nachos

Quote: (09-27-2013 09:36 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

You do need money for logistics.

Quote: (09-27-2013 09:48 PM)deathtofatties Wrote:  

Some of the hottest girls I've slept with were at parties. And it wasn't even my house. I've fucked girls in my car. In the park. On their parents' bed. In swimming pools. In the woods. Etc.

If a girl wants to fuck you ...then nothing else matters.

Team Nachos

Quote: (09-27-2013 09:51 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Some of the hottest girls I've slept with were at parties. And it wasn't even my house. I've fucked girls in my car. In the park. On their parents' bed. In swimming pools. In the woods. Etc.

My game isn't that tight unfortunately. Living in suburbia kills my game.

Quote: (09-27-2013 10:05 PM)deathtofatties Wrote:  

Quote: (09-27-2013 09:51 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

My game isn't that tight unfortunately. Living in suburbia kills my game.

I grew up in suburbia. There's always a party somewhere. You gotta socialize more.

Team Nachos

Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Burlington. Sharp shit for cheap. Just got to be willing to spend time. I found some fly Chaps pants as Ross for $4 bucks. Got three compliments ok the color already. Shit is out there . Just like pussy you just have to find it.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Quote: (09-27-2013 10:12 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I grew up in suburbia. There's always a party somewhere. You gotta socialize more.

I'm going to PM you Parlay44, since I think you have more advice that could really, really help me.

I was obsessed with dressing like 'more adult' when I was in my early~mid twenties.
(wearing blazers in school, wearing striped shirt, fine material polos, fine sweaters, I say pretty much all banana republic)

Now when I look back, I know how silly I was. I am sure I didn't look natural in those.

I just hit 30 and now I try to dress younger. I avoid brand logos like RVCA and other too much hipster styles young guys. I say I am trying to dress like G star raw style. (urban, modern, metro)

Whatever you put on, you should Dominate your clothes. If the clothes Dominate you, then it will look incongruent and people can spot it right away.

Quote: (09-27-2013 10:51 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

I was obsessed with dressing like 'more adult' when I was in my early~mid twenties.
(wearing blazers in school, wearing striped shirt, fine material polos, fine sweaters, I say pretty much all banana republic)

Now when I look back, I know how silly I was. I am sure I didn't look natural in those.

I just hit 30 and now I try to dress younger. I avoid brand logos like RVCA and other too much hipster styles young guys. I say I am trying to dress like G star raw style. (urban, modern, metro)

Whatever you put on, you should Dominate your clothes. If the clothes Dominate you, then it will look incongruent and people can spot it right away.

Yeah it's funny. Some guys overestimate how young they have to be to dress young. They'll think, oh I'm in my late 20's or early 30's, I can't dress like that anymore.

Maybe. But maybe you're just making yourself look old before your time and are losing younger girls as a result.

Quote: (09-27-2013 02:20 PM)YoungBlood Wrote:  

You're worrying too much.
Also, if you feel incongruent with how you really are and what you're showing to the world, women will pick up on that. But on the other hand, if you really like dressing up and you don't have the money to back it up, so the what? Just pretend like you're going through a rough patch in life or lie about it.

Style is accumulated through time and partially, by money. This is why you see many celebrities with bad style. That look in the picture reminds me a lot of how Raf Simons dresses (he's a fashion designer) . You should look up some of his menswear collections for inspiration. Even though he showcases a sharp/streetwear sort of look.

Yeah, Raf Simons has a nice understated style.

I'm actually a big fan of his mainline (not so much of the Raf by Raf Simons diffusion line), and of his menswear while he was at Jil Sander. I like to look at his collections, like looking at art or design, but not so much to buy them, because a lot of it tends to be too conceptual for me.

Quote: (09-27-2013 05:38 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

I work in a professional environment where the rookies wear off the rack, the seasoned vets wear off a better rack, the principals might go bespoke if they cared or had the time to go for fittings, but the people with the REAL money (our clients), wear whatever the fuck they want to wear.

Just wanted to quote the above. Truth.

Wearing a well made suit is still, and will always be, dope. Money still buys freedom though - even if it's freedom to dress like a slob.

Most girls don't care as long as you look decent and can hold a decent conversation.

+1.

"You don’t need a car, a job, a place, or money to fuck above-average girls. I’m fascinated that some girls have a type that can be described as unemployed but interesting bum." Roosh, How To Pick Up Girls For Real

Quote: (09-27-2013 08:10 PM)SpiderKing Wrote:  

Try thrift stores in or near the rich areas of your city.

Poor girls and middle class girls can't tell the difference.

Many employees can't tell the difference in quality either, and set prices according to familiar brands. I've seen Tommy Hilfiger and Ecko button-ups for $13, while obscure higher quality shirts like Hickey Freeman were priced at $5.

Haha this so many times. A lot of these stores will up the price of mall brands like Nautica, A&F and Polo, or even put them in their "boutique section"; meanwhile I walk out the door with Zegna, Robert Graham, Brioni, Hickey Freeman, Zanella, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, etc, etc.

I've got a great wardrobe, almost all of it from thrift stores and Ebay. You substitute knowledge,time and effort for money. Styleforum is a great learning resource; you just have to avoid being talked into dressing too old-mannish, since there's a contingent of guys there who advocate that style. But others don't you can take what you learn there and interpret it into a cool ,younger playerish style, which is what I did.

Important point-shoes. Shoes ,shoes ,shoes! If you want to be taken as a man of means and style, give high priority to your shoe wardrobe. Women don't know anything about men's shoes in detail such as the names of styles and the makers, but believe me they are born with an eye to distinguish quality shoes form cheap shoes.

Example-the other day I met with a girl through a sugar daddy ad I put out. We met in a restaurant bar. After we had talked for half an hour, she said "I can't stop looking at your socks!" ( I like to wear crazy socks) But actually she had looked down initially to check out my shoes. This girl is 19 and she was checking out my shoes to see if they were congruent with who I said I was. They were-really nice suede Ferragamo ankle boots and I passed the test.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Congruence is key. But so are shoes! Like XY said, spend some time and money on getting good ones. Ferragamo, Church's, Ken Cole. Even a nice plain pair of calfskin loafers looks good and are soooo comfortable.