rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

how to deal with harassment in the workplace

Hey guys, I have a question about workplace harassment. This is kind of a rage essay and I hope I don't get banned for it. Possibly NSFW as well.

So I've been making friends with coworkers and schmoozing with the supervisors, actually trying to enjoy my job, and that kind of shit, and I'll be damned if that didn't bring out the haters.

There's one guy in particular who's a real passive-aggressive pussy. He likes to poke fun at people, like "play-slapping" them with gloves, tearing the tags off their protective garments, and just generally talking shit. When we were in line today at break he hissed dumb shit into my ear to fuck with my head (it worked). I didn't lose my cool though. I just ignored it for a while but it's been getting slightly more frequent and I want it to stop. Usually when I ignore these problems they tend to go away but this weirdo is persistent.

What can I do to just destroy this guy? I can't use violence (though I would if he struck first). I know he's too big of a pussy to fight me, and if I said "Hey jerkoff, you and me, out back, right now", he'd probably go and tell all his coworker friends that I tried to pick a fight with him and go to HR to file a harassment suit. That's how he assisted in getting the last guy fired. He's slimy like that.

I'm usually a "big friendly guy" and a team player and haven't ever really had to do a dominance move or body check or anything. I want to terrify him so bad that we work at the same place but I never see him, because he'll ask his lame ass friend in hushed whispers to scout the area for me and if I'm working there he'll take the long way around to avoid my terrible gaze. I want to pull up into the urinal stall next to him and hear his piss stop with him white-faced, clenching in fear. I worked fast in a furious rage today for like four hours and (no surprise) didn't see him anywhere at that time.

I'm looking for a huge power move that leaves no room in his mind that I'm king shit of turd mountain and if he messes with me I'm going to mop the floor with him and his lameass friend if he decides to get his balls up and join in. I'm actually itching for a fight with this guy but I honestly believe he does not have it in him. Otherwise he wouldn't be so passively aggressive at me, he'd just walk up and call me a faggot or something. That's also why I don't understand why he deliberately antagonizes me. If you can't fight people then don't antagonize them, no?

I dunno, he just got me really worked up today and I don't get angry that often. I don't like getting that pissed off or losing sleep figuring out what I should have done instead of what I ended up doing. If you guys could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks, Hades.

Quote: (09-25-2013 03:08 AM)Hades Wrote:  

I dunno, he just got me really worked up today and I don't get angry that often. I don't like getting that pissed off. If you guys could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks, Hades.

Take the high road and completely ignore him.

You said he already got one guy fired after pushing his buttons, you don't want to be next. If he ever does anything unethical to you, or just plain stupid even the play slapping with a glove, file a complaint if you have witnesses.

He got under your skin once today, and he no doubt loved it and will keep trying to do that. Be the adult and keep your composure.

^^^I disagree.

I've gone through this before, actually my last contract with a club. It was a joint venture of myself and 3 other guys. Make a long story short, slimy shit started happening, money disappearing etc. My gut said to pull the rug out from under the 2 cats I suspected of stealing and spreading lies, but I didn't.

Guess who got fucked in the end?

Me and another partner. The two who were being little bitch ass dudes got promoted and they were guilty as hell.

Business is business. Figure out how to sabatoge him and get him fired before he gets you fired. Trust me it'll happen.

Quote: (09-25-2013 03:27 AM)master_thespian Wrote:  

Quote: (09-25-2013 03:08 AM)Hades Wrote:  

I dunno, he just got me really worked up today and I don't get angry that often. I don't like getting that pissed off. If you guys could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks, Hades.

Take the high road and completely ignore him.

You said he already got one guy fired after pushing his buttons, you don't want to be next. If he ever does anything unethical to you, or just plain stupid even the play slapping with a glove, file a complaint if you have witnesses.

He got under your skin once today, and he no doubt loved it and will keep trying to do that. Be the adult and keep your composure.

I dunno man, there's only so much I can take before I just go berserk and unload on him and end up being completely unhireable. I don't need "anger management therapy" on my record.
See the thing is I only need to work here another three months, and I want that to go without a hitch; he has been working here full time for years (barely graduated highschool) and needs this job to feed his kids. He has way more to lose than I do.

Quote: (09-25-2013 03:37 AM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

Business is business. Figure out how to sabatoge him and get him fired before he gets you fired. Trust me it'll happen.

Completely serious question, how do I go about doing that?

There's multiple ways; some the 'right' way and some the 'dirty' way.

I can't say here, but use your imagination.

It sounds like he's shit testing you.

Agree and Amplify?

What I've done a few times in my blue-pill days is to question a person's competence behind their back. It can start a very nasty rumour mill. Always came back to bite me though.

Quote: (09-25-2013 04:14 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

What I've done a few times in my blue-pill days is to question a person's competence behind their back. It can start a very nasty rumour mill. Always came back to bite me though.

Right, that is what I am talking about, you don't want to do something that could bite you later.

OP is there for 3 more months, just keep on doing good work and ignore the haters.

Quote: (09-25-2013 04:14 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

It sounds like he's shit testing you.

Agree and Amplify?

Agree and amplify sounds good.
Getting him fired would be a challenge considering I'm a new guy compared to him. Also I think he'd end up finding out who sent the rumors and call up HR.
It's a pretty lame situation I'm in to be honest.
The ye olde times were better since you could just challenge somebody to a duel (whoever defiled your honor) and if they didn't accept they were pussies. Now it's almost like topsy-turvy land.

Back in the day you could have a bar brawl and go back in and drink, now it turns into assault charges and a lawsuit.

I was born in the wrong era, however, I imagine there's other countries where it's still like that.

If you're worried about losing your job you can do what I do when people bother me at work: I use dSploit for Android (it must be rooted) and use it to inject a JavaScript on every webpage that sends an annoying pop up message with his name to everyone on the company's WiFi - it pops up every time they open a webpage. Since there's no way to find out who did it, he's forced to either stop it or suffer the wrath of other employees and boss. It's not hard to do (you don't even need to know how to code a program or anything), and it's basically impossible to stop it.

Here's how:
[Image: TsaDtj9.png]
[Image: tUlpCsx.png]

And the result:
http://videobam.com/XuSRV

Or you can be even more evil and use Faceniff to sniff out his Facebook/Youtube/Amazon/whatever passwords and ruin him - press Menu->Unlock app->Save key to unlock it, and then just select SSLStrip and Stealth in app and press start, it does it all by itself.

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

I took care of it nonverbally and nobody got fired. I didn't see him all day and it's mostly cool now. Thanks for the advice, guys.

Quote: (09-26-2013 12:47 AM)Hades Wrote:  

I took care of it nonverbally and nobody got fired. I didn't see him all day and it's mostly cool now. Thanks for the advice, guys.

What did you do? Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote: (09-26-2013 02:35 AM)Tytalus Wrote:  

Quote: (09-26-2013 12:47 AM)Hades Wrote:  

What did you do? Inquiring minds want to know.

Well, that body language book by Joe Navarro that Roosh recommended said that you can learn to both understand what people "mean" as well as communicate through nonverbal subtext. You familiar with "The Power Gaze" or "The Terminator"? It's sort of like a blank, hard stare, right at the (I dunno, enemies'?) third eye.
It's not something you should abuse, but it is useful if somebody pisses you off. I hit him with that a few times today. Pretty sure he shit himself, considering I'm a friendly moron at work most of the time.

Now this won't solve all your problems (if you're not willing to kick his ass then don't expect it to work, I gave that asshole a 110% stare and while balling my hands up into fists) but it can work to intimidate or quickly silence people if you're just really annoyed. They're probably going to give you the cold shoulder for a good week or two after that though, if my coworker is any indication.

If you want to play politics go to his manager and say, "I'd like some advice for how to work better with so-and-so". Then lay out your complaints in a very matter of fact non judgemental way. If anything play it off as being more your fault than his. I.e. it's your lack of skill that prevents you from really clicking with him. If his manager is savvy he'll get the picture. And in the event that his manager loves him you won't risk alienating anybody. I've gotten problem employees moved off my team and laid off using this technique.