rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Santiago, Chile - Datasheet 2013

Datasheet for Santiago de Chile
* Relatively new member, I wanted to share what I learned about this city/update existing info for 2013
**props to Neil Skywalker for this datasheet template

City Overview :
Santiago is the capital of Chile, and contains over a third of the country’s population. Chile has a lot of the great elements of Latin America (friendly people, feminine women, big fiesta culture) and a lot of great elements of the First World (very safe, great infrastructure, uncorrupt police).
I take it the chicks I saw in Chile are barely even comparable to those in places like Colombia or Venezuela, but there are attractive, horny girls to be had by players should they find themselves here as a tourist, traveler, businessman, or ski bum.

Girls :
People love to use superlatives when talking about SA girls and usually Chilenas get ‘least style.’ Having only been to Brazil before Chile, I’d say the stereotype is correct – Chilean girls have far less style, and part of this has to do with the colder winter. But don’t worry, you will see attractive girls. It is true that their asses are, on the whole, far flatter than both Brazil and than what I understand the SA average to be. This is certainly a shame. However, the talent is not to be sneered at.

In Santiago Centro/Bellavista, you will find poorer and middle-class girls. While many are attractive, they will have less style, darker skin on average, shorter on average, etc. and – go figure – they are sluttier than their counterparts on the classier eastern side of the city. The richer areas of Vitacura and Las Condes (part of town collectively referred to as Kennedy Oriente) features skinnier, fairer, more Westernized, better English, taller, etc. girls who speak better English and are harder to pull for SNLs.

Girls seem to go out in pairs almost all of the time, though occasionally in larger or mixed groups. Doesn’t really hinder approaching at all. Chilean guys generally are hilarious and friendly; the richer ones (in Oriente) have slightly more game but still nothing too competitive.

You will see attractive girls on the streets, but by and large the girls inside nightclubs are better looking than the average 18-30 y.o. you see on the street. Almost all are nice and mestizo. You will see the occasional [ugly] pure Mapuche indian, but they are rarities in the areas I mention and far rarer inside nightclubs/bars.

In terms of attitude, there are a handful of rude Chilenas once you get towards the apex of the 1-10 scale but usually they are friendly, outgoing, and will want to converse and/or dance with you. If you’re not already on the dance floor, it is not a terrible idea to ask her to dance after 5 minutes of conversation. (Assuming you dance, that is… ) “You don’t have to dance if you don’t want to, but it sure makes things move a lot faster.” - Roosh

Sight seeing :
- Mercado central
- Parque Forestal
- Museum of Memory – about the dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet
- Cerro San Cristobal

Lodging :
I refer you to Roosh: Bellavista Hostel is still in business. There is also Hotel Vegas by Universidad de Chile metro stop, your basic 3 star hotel for 50 usd; there are also love motels (hourly) around Centro if you require.

Day game spots :

Any of the larger malls would be ripe for day game…
Mall del Centro
Alto Las Condes
Costanera Center

Also, universities abound in the bohemian neighborhood of Bellavista.

You could also try Plaza de Armas in Centro or Parque Bicentenario in Oriente.

(N.B. I am too chickenshit for overt day gaming in a foreign language unless they express interest/eyefuck.)

Nightlife spots : from Tuesday to Sunday. On Fri/Sat til 5am, 4am other days

Santiago Centro/Bellavista and Vitacura/Las Condes are the two main nightlife areas in the city but are worlds away from each other. Lots of options in both neighborhoods.

Centro/Bellavista – plenty of gringos/internationals, and the girls generally prefer them over their countrymen

Bar Constitucion – 3 bars, two large dance floors pounding different types of music. popular w/ hostel crowd, tons of foreigners but not overwhelming. Good place to pull. Majority of patrons in mid to late 20s.
Galpon 9 – girls-free-all-night policy leads to very favorable ratios (until 03:30 that is); has a reputation for being a place where poorer/university chicks go to land richer guys from Oriente. Majority of patrons university age.
XFabrika – more hipster than the above two places; larger also, better sound system
Bar 125 – right next to BarCon; good for pre- or post- club, or venue change
Miercoles Po – an event rather than a venue; it’s a themed party (always in Centro) for Santiago’s expat community and a magnet for exchange students, hostel bros/sluts, horny Chileans, etc etc…free admittance for foreigners and girls before 01:30 or something like that and extortionate admittance fee for Chilean guys.

Vitacura/Las Condes – far fewer gringos/internationals than Centro so you’ll still be a commodity of sorts even though the chicks are more worldly

W Hotel – There is a giant club in the basement of the W hotel that has events roughly every week; preposterous entrance fees for all, but tons of people, great club design.
Eve – My favorite place in Oriente. seems to be popping off every night incl Tues and Weds; typical NYC-style club layout, top 40+house+reggaton, which is standard shit here
Las Urracas – has a richly deserved reputation for being a cougar club…talent is better and younger upstairs in the ‘VIP’ area. My Chilean buddies love this place, and the ratio is usually very favorable on weekends, but I continually airballed here
Candelaria – Chile is a weird country and this is a weird club. Layout is unusual, prices are high, girls are pretty/posh, music is decent.
Kamikaze – Heard good things.
Amanda – Cool place, very big. Has the best music that I experienced in Santiago but that is just my taste (electro/disco) and is packed with cute girls. Bring your A game.
Teclados – bar for a high school/college aged crowd. plays classic rock and serves up lethal Long Island Iced Tea, South American style (e.g. pisco+ cachaca+ rum+ tequila = !@#$%) until 03:30. Tables are close together and encourage talking to those around you. Absolutely jammed on Thursdays and Fridays.

Other
Bar 89 – A club, not a bar, in a godforsaken, ghetto part of town called Puente Alto in the extreme Southeast of the metropolis. It is the place to be on Sunday night in Santiago if you need to go out on Sunday. They only play reggaeton. A buddy of mine got punched out here by an HB9 after his fifth approach of her (he was drunk).
Kmasu – The club in Nunoa, a more alt area for clubbing, that Roosh went to during his Dead Bat trip. As mediocre as he made it sound.

Ease of approaching :
Going to divide between Santiago Centro/Bellavista and Vitacura again.

Santiago Centro/Bellavista
Potentially a little bit of a language barrier. The trick of opening in English even if you have decent Spanish is a good idea. Girls who are out in Bellavista tend to be more enamored of white looking people and are extremely easy to approach. I do not know if they are racist against blacks like the racist must-mate-with-white-skin girls of Peru; I did witness a black USA bro strike out hard at G 9 but perhaps his game lacked tightness. Girl/guy ratio per time is standard i.e. more girls before 1, even between 1-3, sausage majority after 3 on weekdays, but closer to even late on weekends.

Vitacura/Las Condes (aka Oriente)
Will rarely encounter a serious language barrier, though I did get some shit tests from cuicas like ‘You’re in South America, you should speak Spanish.’ (Kept speaking English, of course.) Fewer internationals in this richer part of town, so you will be an interesting commodity, however most of these girls have traveled extensively outside the island of Chile and won’t be head over heels just cause you have a foreign passport. But approach early and often, the bitch shields are few and far between. That being said, SNLs are harder here, so it’s usually the number/makeout, date, then fuck route with these cuicas. Not prejudiced against black dudes. Girl/guy ratio is standard i.e. more girls before 1, even between 1-3, sausages all around after 3:30.

Prices and other stuff :

- If you have an unlocked phone, get a sim card from Claro or Movistar or Entel, a few dollars credit goes a long way unless you're calling Comoros. All Chileans have What's App.
- Food is reasonably priced but I wouldn’t call it cheap. You could survive eating street food like completos (hot dogs w/ avocado and a bunch of other shit on it) for 1.5 USD or sopapillas for 0.3 USD…a normal 3 course meal at a sitdown place is 7 to 15 bucks in Centro. Chilean food is greasy and lacks flavor. They put avocado on everything.
- Drinks run 5 USD in clubs. 3 to 4 dollars in restaurants/cafes. If you’re with Chileans, you will likely be pre-drinking pisco before hitting the club(s) – a 750 cc bottle of pisco costs 5-8 USD
- Cigarettes – 5 USD for a 20-pack
- P4P definitely exists, Passapoga (less expensive) in Centro and Platinum (Ferraris parked outside) in Vitacura are popular strip joints/whorehouses. I’ve been told the area around Av Suecia and Av Providencia is a whore zone.

Logistics :

- The city is massive, very spread out and the two main going-out areas, Vitacura and Santiago Centro are far from each other. Need car/metro/micro to get from one to the other.
- Taxis are medium to expensive. They’ll occasionally try to scam you. Avoid if possible, Santiago has great public transport. But my guess is you’ll want one if you’ve had a late night and/or pulled.
- Micros (buses) cost about 1 USD and are extremely efficient way of getting between Centro and Oriente, 24 hours/day… apart from Seattle, the best bus system I have ever seen.
- Underground Metro system is the largest in South America, costs 1.4 USD per ride, and is clean, safe, efficient. Problem is it closes at 11pm.

Closing Logistics:
- Girls younger than 26 or so tend to live with their parents, so you’ll need to take them back to your place unless your game is stupidly tight or something.
- A 'Catholic' country... ergo not too many girls on the pill. 0% from my modest sample size.

Safety : Safest capital in Latin America, for what that is worth and feels very safe to boot. Seriously though, unless you are an idiot or find yourself in Puente Alto at 4am with cash overflowing from your pockets and your iPhone out, you should be fine…

Overall pros and cons :

Pros : Safe, cheap places to sleep, people love to drink and party and meet foreigners; great public transport
Cons : Hefty cover for late-coming men at most places. from 5 to 14 USD in Bellavista, max 20 USD in Vitacura; food inferior to Brazil or Peru

Personal experience :
I had a great couple months here, compiled a nice rotation. I am very pale, blond/blue eyes and speak Spanish pretty well, but possess below average height and intermediate game at best; a ‘true player’ would fare better, obv.

Final Thoughts :
Chile is a bizarre place and an anomaly in a lot of ways; you probably won’t come here solely for the girls; but if you’re here for skiing or business or whatever, there is fine poon to be had with a modest amount of work. Nice views of the Andes.

Great sheet. I've been very interested in Santiago for a while now. I have a couple of questions:

How is the pollution? I heard it's one of the worst in the world, since it basically sits in a bowl, surrounded by the mountains.

What were you doing there, work, study, just traveling? I wonder what the economy is like. From what I've seen, teaching down there is basically a volunteer endeavor. No thanks.

You said you were there for a couple of months, right? Did you rent an apt.? How are the rental prices, if you know?

Worst in the world? Try Mexico City, Cairo, any Chinese city, Los Angeles, or Chernobyl. Seriously though, there is certainly smog on days when it hasn't rained in a while. Some visitors say they breathe with increased difficulty, but as a city kid I couldn't tell any difference. Definitely a lot of cars with shitty gas mileage.

I paid 750 usd a month for a master ensuite bedroom in 3br on 19th floor with 180degree views in the most expensive neighborhood, pool, maid service, etc. Centro you'll be paying far less , maybe 400 usd for a decent setup and won't blow as much money on cabs cause you'll be closer to the grungier going-out areas if that's your poison.

^^^ how did you find said accomodation ?

Nice sheet. I've been to Santiago and I would advise against going there for game. The girls aren't worth the trip and the country is pretty expensive actually. For nature, you can do the same things in Argentina (Patagonia) or Peru (Sand Dunes) for cheaper.

Quote: (09-24-2013 03:08 PM)mr_lucky Wrote:  

Worst in the world? Try Mexico City, Cairo, any Chinese city, Los Angeles, or Chernobyl.

I've experienced all of those places except for Chernobyl, so it's why I've been turned off by reports of really bad pollution in Santiago, as well.

@GameTheory: friend of a friend, unfortunately.

@Hencredible Casanova: all true, everyone's been telling me how stupidly cheap Argentina is right now, it is my next stop

When I was there(it was in their autumn) the smog was no worse than Los Angeles, which is to say moderate. But the worst of their smog comes in their winter. Not as bad as Mexico City, but worse than Los Angeles.

[Image: santiago_chile_smog_650.jpg]

Good sheet.

I spent some time in Santiago this summer. I'd add two other bars to your extensive list. La Santeria is right next to Galpon 9, and I liked its layout more. It's just about the same crowd as Galpon 9. Another bar I liked is Subterraneo, which is in Providencia. It's just a basement with a dj, but I got the best reception at this place. The Providenica is halfway in between Bellavista and Vitacura.

I'd also add a word caution about Miercoles Po'. Don't go there on the night before a holiday. I did just that, and I saw a crowd of people trying to push their way into the party. This led to a heavily imbalanced ratio inside. There are other places. Another problem with Miercoles Po' is that you have to see American girls. If I'm in a foreign country, I don't want to see a group of drunk American skanks acting like royalty. Despite my complaints, I went to these parties a few times and had fun.

Agreed on the necessity of Spanish, especially in Bellavista. Depending on where you go at night, you can find some English speakers, but don't bet on it. You need Spanish for most girls.

Chilean Spanish was difficult for me to understand at first. The accent is tough, and they use a lot of slang. Here's a list of some common chilenismos:

weón- dude, man. You hear this word in almost every sentence.

po- unnecessary particle added at the end of sentences. Commonly used in yapo, which means yes.

cachai- get it? used at the end of sentences

luca- 1000 pesos

choro- mussel, pussy

carrete- party

caña- hangover

I liked to throw in one of these expressions, and the girl would usually laugh or give me a compliment.

I was there for some time, but I didn't get a single one night stand in Santiago (I did, however, in Valparaiso). I found it relatively easy to kiss the girls out at night, but they weren't very willing to leave with me that night. Arranging dates the next day is the solution, usually at some mall.

About the girls, they are cute. Chilenas don't blow you away because many are sloppy about their appearance. You don't see every girl decked out in a tight dress and heels. Especially in Bellavista. Many of them could stand to slim down some (they aren't fat like American girls though). They tend to have nice faces, and some of them have fair features. Lighter features are more common in Las Condes / Vitacura.

Quote: (09-24-2013 09:19 PM)Bacchus Wrote:  

Another problem with Miercoles Po' is that you have to see American girls.

Haha. For the record, I am not a proponent of Miercoles Po.

FWIW, the most (in)famous Chileana in North America (she was adopted by an Italo-American couple)

[Image: b2BZMl.jpg]

[Image: snooki640.jpg]

^^^ What I tended to notice about Chilean women is that even though one rarely sees the type of stylish, traffic-stopping sexy girls you'd expect in places like Colombia or Brazil, you'll instead see women who are naturally beautiful, but in a way that's understated. I think student activist Camila Vallejo is a perfect example of what I mean:

[Image: media_9fb8f0fc461c4301af061a6724ef583c.jpg]

^^^ [Image: 0327.gif] ^^^

Quote: (09-23-2013 12:05 PM)mr_lucky Wrote:  

Datasheet for Santiago de Chile
* Relatively new member, I wanted to share what I learned about this city/update existing info for 2013
**props to Neil Skywalker for this datasheet template

Girls :
People love to use superlatives when talking about SA girls and usually Chilenas get ‘least style.’ Having only been to Brazil before Chile, I’d say the stereotype is correct – Chilean girls have far less style, and part of this has to do with the colder winter. But don’t worry, you will see attractive girls. It is true that their asses are, on the whole, far flatter than both Brazil and than what I understand the SA average to be. This is certainly a shame. However, the talent is not to be sneered at.

In Santiago Centro/Bellavista, you will find poorer and middle-class girls. While many are attractive, they will have less style, darker skin on average, shorter on average, etc. and – go figure – they are sluttier than their counterparts on the classier eastern side of the city. The richer areas of Vitacura and Las Condes (part of town collectively referred to as Kennedy Oriente) features skinnier, fairer, more Westernized, better English, taller, etc. girls who speak better English and are harder to pull for SNLs.

Girls seem to go out in pairs almost all of the time, though occasionally in larger or mixed groups. Doesn’t really hinder approaching at all. Chilean guys generally are hilarious and friendly; the richer ones (in Oriente) have slightly more game but still nothing too competitive.

You will see attractive girls on the streets, but by and large the girls inside nightclubs are better looking than the average 18-30 y.o. you see on the street. Almost all are nice and mestizo. You will see the occasional [ugly] pure Mapuche indian, but they are rarities in the areas I mention and far rarer inside nightclubs/bars.

In terms of attitude, there are a handful of rude Chilenas once you get towards the apex of the 1-10 scale but usually they are friendly, outgoing, and will want to converse and/or dance with you. If you’re not already on the dance floor, it is not a terrible idea to ask her to dance after 5 minutes of conversation. (Assuming you dance, that is… ) “You don’t have to dance if you don’t want to, but it sure makes things move a lot faster.” - Roosh

Lodging :
I refer you to Roosh: Bellavista Hostel is still in business. There is also Hotel Vegas by Universidad de Chile metro stop, your basic 3 star hotel for 50 usd; there are also love motels (hourly) around Centro if you require.

Ease of approaching :
Going to divide between Santiago Centro/Bellavista and Vitacura again.

Santiago Centro/Bellavista
Potentially a little bit of a language barrier. The trick of opening in English even if you have decent Spanish is a good idea. Girls who are out in Bellavista tend to be more enamored of white looking people and are extremely easy to approach. I do not know if they are racist against blacks like the racist must-mate-with-white-skin girls of Peru; I did witness a black USA bro strike out hard at G 9 but perhaps his game lacked tightness. Girl/guy ratio per time is standard i.e. more girls before 1, even between 1-3, sausage majority after 3 on weekdays, but closer to even late on weekends.

Vitacura/Las Condes (aka Oriente)
Will rarely encounter a serious language barrier, though I did get some shit tests from cuicas like ‘You’re in South America, you should speak Spanish.’ (Kept speaking English, of course.) Fewer internationals in this richer part of town, so you will be an interesting commodity, however most of these girls have traveled extensively outside the island of Chile and won’t be head over heels just cause you have a foreign passport. But approach early and often, the bitch shields are few and far between. That being said, SNLs are harder here, so it’s usually the number/makeout, date, then fuck route with these cuicas. Not prejudiced against black dudes. Girl/guy ratio is standard i.e. more girls before 1, even between 1-3, sausages all around after 3:30.

[

Personal experience :
I had a great couple months here, compiled a nice rotation. I am very pale, blond/blue eyes and speak Spanish pretty well, but possess below average height and intermediate game at best; a ‘true player’ would fare better, obv.

Final Thoughts :
Chile is a bizarre place and an anomaly in a lot of ways; you probably won’t come here solely for the girls; but if you’re here for skiing or business or whatever, there is fine poon to be had with a modest amount of work. Nice views of the Andes.

That dude's game probably wasn't tight or it could have been a hundred reasons other than racism. I had a very positive reception hitting up clubs in that area as an AA brotha. I even had girls stop me in the street when the clubs were closing because they wanted to makeout. I ran into some other younger brothas who were out of their element but did okay as well. I think Santiago is actually one of the easiest capitals in Latinam for brothas, although the talent is among the lowest. Great datasheet btw.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (09-30-2013 08:44 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

That dude's game probably wasn't tight or it could have been a hundred reasons other than racism. I had a very positive reception hitting up clubs in that area as an AA brotha. I even had girls stop me in the street when the clubs were closing because they wanted to makeout. I ran into some other younger brothas who were out of their element but did okay as well. I think Santiago is actually one of the easiest capitals in Latinam for brothas, although the talent is among the lowest. Great datasheet btw.

Cool, thank you for the clarification. Nothing trumps personal experience.

Any good night spots for sunday/monday/tuesday?

-

Did you meet any investors there?

What are people investing in?

On paper the investor protection seems very strong. The political stability is attractive. The country seems very resource oriented, much like the rest of Latin America, so that might be an area of economic instability in the future. They definitely seem to have their shit together though.

I've also heard really good things about getting permanent residency there.

I have been reading a lot about getting agricultural land there.

--

@Woolf, Sunday there is Bar 89 in the ghetto and also a very popular salsa event in Bellavista at a place whose name I forget but everyone knows about it; Monday there is nothing, ever; Tuesday yes you can party but you have to actively look, Eve is the only place I've ever gone hard on a Tuesday

edit: Amanda and Subterraneo would be good bets for Tuesdays

@youngmobileglobal, cant really help u...people are investing in all kinds of shit. Lot of guys I met were into imports... A friend of mine is importing machines to manufacture ice cream cones, another is importing automated kiosks. great investor protection as far as I can tell, that's why Startup Chile was so popular. getting residency, as in Argentina and Uruguay, is a cakewalk.

What about this Miércoles Po? What are the experiences?

Also, does anyone of you guys know anything about After Office Alto San Francisco?

I always see the most attractive women in Santiago in Las Condes during the day (Av. Apoquindo) and really hope this After Office is where they go after work.