rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tattoo Ink Linked to Cancer

The price of showing you're a strong, empowered woman who doesn't need to conform to traditional standards of beauty:

Scientists Fear Toxic Tattoo Inks May Cause Cancer

Quote:Quote:

...Scientists have found evidence that ink nanoparticles could enter the bloodstream and accumulate in major organs, impairing their functionality.

Quote:Quote:

Public Health England last month published new industry guidance noting that red colours have been found to contain mercury, while greens and blues have been found to contain cobalt.

In a separate study by Jorgen Serup, Copenhagen's university hospital's professor of dermatology, carcinogenic chemicals were detected in 13 of 21 commonly used European tattoo inks.

[Image: laugh2.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Freshly tatted girl gets confronted for cheating... then gets a mammogram and finds out she has terminal breast cancer.

This is sweet, karmic justice

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (09-22-2013 06:31 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Oh?

Do tattoos really bother you that much?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Duh.

Lol its the bright colors. i only see girls and hipster like guys with colorful, rainbow tattoos.

So my black ink is not gonna cause me cancer and drive me to cooking meth?

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (09-22-2013 07:41 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

So my black ink is not gonna cause me cancer and drive me to cooking meth?

Cancer?-No

Cooking meth?- Probably [Image: icon_twisted.gif]

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Quote: (09-22-2013 06:34 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Oh?

all eyesores

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Quote: (09-22-2013 09:23 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Oh?

all eyesores

It's fair enough to have that opinion, and I can understand the sentiment, but it's quite another thing to imply people with tattoos deserve cancer (a hard way to go if you know anyone who's ever passed that way). It's not like smoking cigarettes or something like that where it was clear all along that it was cancer-causing - with what we know about the body now, it seems pretty intuitive, but it wasn't 10 or 20 years ago.

It's also unlike cigarettes in that you can't just choose to quit all of a sudden if you "come to your senses" - once you've got it you've got it, for the most part.

I got my first tattoo before it was mainstream, when I was 15. My mom probably should have stopped me but instead she went along and signed for it. Probably a poor choice, but I was young and my mom was not all that responsible, so that's life.

Now I deserve cancer? ok...

I'm honestly not for or against tattoos at this point - I could care less what other people do to their bodies. But I have noticed that hating on tattoos has become an "in" thing to do in the manosphere - just as having them has become the "in" thing in mainstream culture.

Maybe your attitude towards tats is your own thinking alone, but I think it bears mentioning that trends should be distrusted whether they are trends among a minority or trends from pop culture (the same attitude plays into both).

And something tells me that a lot of guys who hate on tats so hard would be running out to get one if it was the cool thing to do among manosphere thinkers...Judging by the attitudes of some guys to cigs and drinking, they'd probably even accept the newly-identified higher risk to do it if they thought it might improve their odds of getting laid.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (09-23-2013 05:11 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

I got my first tattoo before it was mainstream, when I was 15. My mom probably should have stopped me but instead she went along and signed for it. Probably a poor choice, but I was young and my mom was not all that responsible, so that's life.

Chill, brother. I've had my ink for 25+ years - a holdover of both social class and a rough peer group - and I'm sure I've got more than you. I've lost three family members to cancer. I still see humour in the fact that smug vegans who doesn't poison their body with meat and non-organically grown vegetables probably already have with ink.

I'm honestly not for or against tattoos at this point - I could care less what other people do to their bodies. But I have noticed that hating on tattoos has become an "in" thing to do in the manosphere - just as having them has become the "in" thing in mainstream culture.

I don't think he's hating on you. What I have seen, is that it is "in" in the manosphere to hate on tattoos that women choose to get them and display'em for all to see.

From markers or poor judgement and impulse control (tramp stamps) to markers of plain bad taste (and a mirror of the psychosis that chose them), tattoos are a great screening device for women.

Pick the tatted girls for a quick romp in the hay. But don't marry'em.

I believe that's the message here.

Tattoos on men has always meant differently, even if sometimes only by degrees.

Wald

The men whom got tattoos before it was " cool " more times than not came from a background or lifestyle in which cancer was probably the least of their worries to 'off' them. My homie whom got first tattoo at 13 will croak from diabetes, getting shanked, or OD'n at a party in Paris before cancer, just part of the whole narrative of his legit crazy upbringing and life. So those types of kats should not get offended or think that any hate towards ink is directed at them.

All the newbs and fakes whom lined up like drones to profess how individual they are by permanent making them selves look like everybody else though? Well LMAO at then because this makes perfect sense as my homie whom is a tattoo artist now always said that shitty ink, shitty tattoos in general from shitty guns can be bad news. Whom could think a heavy permanent ink onto your largest organ can e healthy for you long term. Where do people think most of that ink fades and absorbs into it over time.

LMAO at them all. All those Britney Spears loving yuppies with full sleeve$ looking like fools and try do hard to angle evrey photo and their clothing to always show their Ink. Lmaoooo at it all.

I don't wish cancer on anyone, but there seems to be something intuitively correct about this link - skin pollution leading to health problems.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (09-23-2013 06:24 AM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

Chill, brother. I've had my ink for 25+ years - a holdover of both social class and a rough peer group - and I'm sure I've got more than you. I've lost three family members to cancer. I still see humour in the fact that smug vegans who doesn't poison their body with meat and non-organically grown vegetables probably already have with ink.

I'm completely chill - not losing sleep over this or anything.

Your example is completely different though - it's one thing to act high and mighty about anyone who has a tattoo; it's another thing to find humor in vegans who act high and mighty about their "non-toxic" diet choices while doing other toxic things to their body, thus making them hypocrites. The latter is obviously perfectly normal.

I'm sure a lot of tat-haters still smoke or drink copious amounts of alcohol, so we could find humor in that as well. Doesn't mean we're going to wish for it to catch up with them someday - unless we have a pretty negative perspective on life, anyways.

Quote: (09-23-2013 06:48 AM)Walderschmidt Wrote:  

I don't think he's hating on you. What I have seen, is that it is "in" in the manosphere to hate on tattoos that women choose to get them and display'em for all to see.

From markers or poor judgement and impulse control (tramp stamps) to markers of plain bad taste (and a mirror of the psychosis that chose them), tattoos are a great screening device for women.

Pick the tatted girls for a quick romp in the hay. But don't marry'em.

I believe that's the message here.

Tattoos on men has always meant differently, even if sometimes only by degrees.

Wald

Yeah, you're probably right - I've been in bed sick for a couple days and am bored and irritable, so perhaps I'm overthinking things.

I agree the "tats suck" thing started as a screening device for women, and as someone who is really attracted to conservative women (at least for relationship purposes), I fully support that thinking - though I try not to judge too much when I meet people.

But I've also noticed a lot of guys have drifted into not only wearing their no-tats choice as a badge of pride but acting like they're somehow above guys who do something different.

Sure, be proud of your decision, but gloating is unproductive and illogical. I always argue against this type of black and white thinking, no matter what the subject.

Anyways, I'm sure Samaseau was just kidding around and exaggerating, and I probably read too much into it. lol I apologize if I seized on something irrelevant and made the conversation too serious.

Anyways, glad all my tats are black. [Image: biggrin.gif] Probably no huge guarantee but still a nice thought.

Beyond All Seas

Quote: (09-23-2013 07:55 AM)RawGod Wrote:  

I don't wish cancer on anyone, but there seems to be something intuitively correct about this link - skin pollution leading to health problems.

There was that girl from Texas maybe who died via poisoning from using Icy/hot all over her legs and torso after being sore from a track meet.

This is a big reason people say to use mild soaps and lotions on your skin because all those chemicals get absorbed into the bloodstream over time.

You know what's really lame? Girls who dress old timey but have tattoos. You can't do both.. it clashes and looks really tacky.

Either dress like Betty Page or get a tattoo of her or some pin-up, but getting both looks retarded.

Quote: (09-23-2013 11:14 AM)soup Wrote:  

You know what's really lame? Girls who dress old timey but have tattoos. You can't do both.. it clashes and looks really tacky.

Either dress like Betty Page or get a tattoo of her or some pin-up, but getting both looks retarded.

Next time I see this I'm going to ask her why she dresses so "old timey". Hilarious.

[Image: laugh2.gif]

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quote: (09-22-2013 09:23 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Oh?

all eyesores

It's fair enough to have that opinion, and I can understand the sentiment, but it's quite another thing to imply people with tattoos deserve cancer (a hard way to go if you know anyone who's ever passed that way). It's not like smoking cigarettes or something like that where it was clear all along that it was cancer-causing - with what we know about the body now, it seems pretty intuitive, but it wasn't 10 or 20 years ago.

It's also unlike cigarettes in that you can't just choose to quit all of a sudden if you "come to your senses" - once you've got it you've got it, for the most part.

People never thought cigarettes caused cancer either. Plenty of people smoked them because they thought it was cool and did not pay attention to their health.

The first time I saw some guy getting a needle pierced into his skin as a child, I always thought something there was dangerous about getting a tattoo.

Asian countries have the right idea about tattoos, read: criminals.

I want to see more studies saying things like blow jobs are good for women's health (this is true for pregnant women), and doggy style will help them lose weight etc.

Quote: (09-23-2013 08:53 PM)soup Wrote:  

I want to see more studies saying things like blow jobs are good for women's health (this is true for pregnant women), and doggy style will help them lose weight etc.

Here you go then:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...ssion.html

I have a friend who claim he has a method to determine the sex of a child. He has two boys and a girl and swear that the girl came about because his wife wanted one so he made sweet tender love to her while the boys were conceived by fucking the shit out of her everywhere except the bed.
[Image: jordan.gif]

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Quote: (09-24-2013 10:10 AM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

Here you go then:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...ssion.html

This is a good link to text..