rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Short guy game

Short guy game

Hey all, I could use some advice.

I'm a good-looking guy with solid game, but I'm short (5'6), so I'm constantly fighting an uphill battle. A lot of women simply aren't attracted to a guy my height, no matter how good my game is. I get passed over on a regular basis for tall guys, and my confidence has taken a hit.

The only chicks I can consistently bag are short chicks, which I'm not satisfied with. I want to be able to confidently run game on chicks of all sizes.

Any advice on making my height a non-factor during approaches?

Short guy game

Work out and put on bulk. I've seen short guys that are pumped up that look intimidating because they got so big. It's like their muscle mass fools you into thinking they are taller than they are.

Short guy game

Quote: (10-22-2010 01:13 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Work out and put on bulk. I've seen short guys that are pumped up that look intimidating because they got so big. It's like their muscle mass fools you into thinking they are taller than they are.

I would agree with Speakeasy. As a guy who is average height, I've thought about why women are so attracted to taller men, and I think it's rooted in some evolutionary shit, where women feel that taller men are going to be stronger and more dominant (e.g. alpha) and that makes them feel safe. Women are attracted to men that provide them safety and comfort, so hitting the gym and getting a ripped body will help compensate for your height, as it will not only make you look better, but appeal to that evolutionary need women have for security and comfort with a man. But, there will always be those types of girls that only want to date guys 6 ft. and taller.... [Image: dodgy.gif]

Short guy game

That is a bummer and I would definitely say it makes it a little harder if you are a short guy trying to game. But one of my best friends is your same height and he kills it. The kid is just a natural. I'd agree with the others though, try and bulk up.

Short guy game

damn 5'6. ur def climbing an uphill battle.

if a guy is under 5'8 he is gonna be facing some steep odds in landing a nice chick long term.

im on the verge of being too short (5'9-5'10) the most important thing is a guy has to be taller than the grl so it usually doesnt cause me alot of trouble.

to be honest im not even sure working out is gonna help alot. ur gonna just have to come to terms with only getting mostly short girls. i wouldnt give up trying to game taller chicks because you never know. ive seen hot chicks with fat guys, ugly guys, short guys, you name it. soo its possible.

keep trying but at the same time be realistic and dont let it bother you.

Short guy game

i think certain things matter to a certain extent (looks), in certain areas/countries even race, but height? naw, i dont think thats a big factor. i see shorter guys all the time killin it.

one of my good friends is only 5'7, not bulky, he bags taller hot model-esque chicks (like even 5'10). he has such a sense of entitlement, i love it and learned alot from him. he isn't special looking at all, nor does he have a lot of money (he is a student in fact).

height doesn't matter that much. its not like you are 5'3 or 5'4 (a girl type of height). there are guys in many countries who are 5'6 too. alot of the hottest soccer players are only around 5'7-5'9.

im a shorter guy too and only now I have I started to ratchet up my game to taller chicks, and its really not much different. but u gotta come strong.

cuz if u think about it, most girls are around 5'3-5'9. most guys are taller than this. however, when u see taller girls (say 5'8 and up), you see how many fewer guys go up to them, even if they are cute. that's where you step in.

Short guy game

Quote: (10-22-2010 01:50 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

if a guy is under 5'8 he is gonna be facing some steep odds in landing a nice chick long term.

im on the verge of being too short (5'9-5'10) the most important thing is a guy has to be taller than the grl so it usually doesnt cause me alot of trouble.

to be honest im not even sure working out is gonna help alot. ur gonna just have to come to terms with only getting mostly short girls. i wouldnt give up trying to game taller chicks because you never know. ive seen hot chicks with fat guys, ugly guys, short guys, you name it. soo its possible.

Awe, come on, I think you're making it sound too hard to get laid by a hottie if you're short. I've seen mad shorties with hotties. Even kids that were not only short, but annoying as shit and I'm thinking, "How is it even possible this kid has a chick, even if he was 6'5." One of my best friends slays pussy, taller than him, better looking, you name it, and he's 5'6". I remember a year after highschool, this kid had a party at his place. He was banging a girl who was a 5 (He banged 5's and he banged 9's, he didn't descriminate) and he made her sneak in and out of the window while the party was going on to bang her, because he didn't want everyone to see he was banging a 5. That sucks he was banging a 5, but that little manuver almost makes her a 7 in my book. haha

Short guy game

Don't bulk up dude! You will make it look like you have a short man complex. The more you try and make up for it in other ways the more you are making it obvious you have issues. You'll be riding around in a sports car next.

Short guy game

The best way to boost your confidence without any alterations to your body physically is to get shoe inserts to increase your height a few inches. Nobody will know you have them...also, look at what women do, they wear high heals because they too have a short girl insecure complex.

Also, try wearing shoes with a bigger sole, like Timberland shoes as an example, and the some inserts. At the very least, this will boost your confidence to get in with the girl you want, and after she sees you barefoot - well, who cares, she is naked in your bed at that point. =)

BTW, I know this really cute girl, with a very pretty face, and nice body, but she is only 4'11, and has been after me for about 2 months now. At first, I was not attracted to her because she was just way too short for me, but her swagger, energy and confidence made it not seem an issue anymore..she keeps this up, and I doubt she is gonna make her move on me soon - which I will likely let happen.

Mixx

Short guy game

Quote: (10-22-2010 02:34 AM)Brandon E Wrote:  

Quote: (10-22-2010 01:50 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Awe, come on, I think you're making it sound too hard to get laid by a hottie if you're short. I've seen mad shorties with hotties. Even kids that were not only short, but annoying as shit and I'm thinking, "How is it even possible this kid has a chick, even if he was 6'5." One of my best friends slays pussy, taller than him, better looking, you name it, and he's 5'6". I remember a year after highschool, this kid had a party at his place. He was banging a girl who was a 5 (He banged 5's and he banged 9's, he didn't descriminate) and he made her sneak in and out of the window while the party was going on to bang her, because he didn't want everyone to see he was banging a 5. That sucks he was banging a 5, but that little manuver almost makes her a 7 in my book. haha

it will be easier for him to bang a hot chick than for him to lock one down long term. maybe its easier in other parts of the country but where I come from girls just dont go for short dudes often. at 5'6 they are gonna look at him like a little brother or a boy in middle school. im just trying to be realistic for the cat and for him not to get discouraged and to keep pushing, because like i said there are hot girls out there that will date short, fat, ugly, u name it. at 5'6 you need to be insanely good looking to try and offset the height issue. id say your friend is an exception to the rule lol he should write a book if he is able to land a hot chick on a nightly basis.

Short guy game

I am 6'7, so no problems with me. Don't put on lots of muscle though, it doesnt look good on short guys

Short guy game

Quote: (10-22-2010 04:27 AM)Richie Wrote:  

Don't bulk up dude! You will make it look like you have a short man complex. The more you try and make up for it in other ways the more you are making it obvious you have issues. You'll be riding around in a sports car next.

So it's better to be short and puny? Yeah, that's really going to help.

Short guy game

I'm 5'7". Height is not a problem. You're just making it one. Moving on.

Short guy game

I used to sit upside down on a couch when I was in h.s. because I heard that it stimulated the body to grow taller...I was 5'9 and I was scared i was gonna be sub 6'0.....I got to 6'2....

don't think it's a issue...when I hit the clubs/restaurants I see tons of 5'6-5'9 dudes cleaning up becuz they are the size of the avg women who wants someone they can look in the eyes....

Short guy game

Quote: (10-22-2010 03:07 PM)Caramel Communist Wrote:  

I used to sit upside down on a couch when I was in h.s. because I heard that it stimulated the body to grow taller...I was 5'9 and I was scared i was gonna be sub 6'0.....I got to 6'2....

don't think it's a issue...when I hit the clubs/restaurants I see tons of 5'6-5'9 dudes cleaning up becuz they are the size of the avg women who wants someone they can look in the eyes....

Size can be made an issue, but it doesn't need to be. Confidence is a bigger issue.
I am 5'6 and you could say much better looking than average, i have banged a few tall girls and for the rest i hit no problem banging girls aroung my height.

Most have commented i look taller than i am because the way i am, the way i walk etc, so in reality i will always be short and they will see it, but i try to make sure they notice my attributes, not my defects.

All women would comment on height and say some funny things to you, but the way you take them and make them feel for you is not an issue, then it won't be. I have lived in rural Canada and in The Netherlands, where i was a midget compared to the average dudes....still i banged most girls i wanted, had a few longer term (3-6 months) gfs and i keep enjoying a healthy sex life..

Short guy game

Thanks for the advice, even if not all of it was very good.

I don't generally have much trouble with women. I only struggle when I'm trying to game a taller, curvier chick.

I always feel bad when I see a guy who's extremely short (5'4 and under), because I know landing quality women is gonna be an epic struggle for him.

Short guy game

[quote='ZTheGreat' pid='30470' dateline='1288130510']
Thanks for the advice, even if not all of it was very good.

[/quote.
I wanted to chime in with the poster that said build your physique. Maybe not so obviously so it looks like you're compensating, but so you're NOT AVERAGE> I had a friend who was 5' 5 -1/2", he had a naturally good physique with broad shoulders and quite a bit of natural muscle and girls liked him. I remember one time at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art I saw a fairly attractive woman checking out his ass haha, I told him and he didn't believe me.

He also carefully chose his clothes and shoes. He told me once "You have to spend too much on clothes." Once he also said "You're making $35 an hour and still shopping at Marshall's?" haha!!!

He wore dress shoes that were the highest heels you could get without being conspicuous, about 1.5"

He was very smart, father was a lawyer, and he was headed for medical school last I saw him.

Short guy game

Ok, I'm 5'7, and got a little fat, not muscle as I weigh 190. Now, I've noticed I look good with a little fat and helps me get laid as women like to cuddle with a '' pillow ''. My height nor weight are a prob. Just gotta have the confidence.

Short guy game

I'm 5'9" or so with shoes on(I think) which is low average for men, but still slightly taller than most women. Guys around 5'8" - 5'10" shouldn't be too concerned with their height though. I think there's also inserts you can put inside your shoes that'll give you one more inch.

Short guy game

Quote: (10-27-2010 05:56 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I'm 5'9" or so with shoes on(I think) which is low average for men, but still slightly taller than most women. Guys around 5'8" - 5'10" shouldn't be too concerned with their height though. I think there's also inserts you can put inside your shoes that'll give you one more inch.

When you're 5'6, you'd kill to be 5'9.

Short guy game

Interesting wikipedia article about physical attractiveness (including the height factor)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_attractiveness

Short guy game

I wish I was a little bit taller... [Image: biggrin.gif]

Short guy game

5'6'' is short but not truly bad like 5'0'' or 5' 1''!! Michael J. Fox is only 5'4'!! And i believe that he does well with women.

Bulk up and get toned but don't overdo it.

Short guy game

Has anybody tried the shoes that make you taller?

Short guy game

Quote: (10-27-2010 10:11 PM)gringoed Wrote:  

Has anybody tried the shoes that make you taller?

I have. I've tried these: http://tinyurl.com/2faepkf

They add about 3.5 inches (this is including my shoes sole).