rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Undercover Boss TV Show

Undercover Boss TV Show

Has anyone seen the show? The premise is somebody from corporate masquerades as a regular employee in order to find out information about how the business works and hopefully improve the process.

While it sounds good on the surface it's really a different flavor of the thought police concept. I Think it breeds distrust in employees because you never really know who you're working with.

I saw one guy get fired because he had a negative opinion about the company and he didn't even do anything wrong. He was doing his job perfectly fine. Thought police? [Image: tinfoilhat.gif]

The show really irks me. I don't know why I even watch it.

Team Nachos

Undercover Boss TV Show

I completely agree with Bill Maher on this subject.

Undercover Boss TV Show

Quote: (09-20-2013 07:34 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Has anyone seen the show? The premise is somebody from corporate masquerades as a regular employee in order to find out information about how the business works and hopefully improve the process.

While it sounds good on the surface it's really a different flavor of the thought police concept. I Think it breeds distrust in employees because you never really know who you're working with.

I saw one guy get fired because he had a negative opinion about the company and he didn't even do anything wrong. He was doing his job perfectly fine. Thought police? [Image: tinfoilhat.gif]

The show really irks me. I don't know why I even watch it.

If you are going to run a business, you have to know how things are working. The problem with big business is the left hand not knowing what the hell the right is doing. It isn't about trying to get one up on the employees as it is trying to see what is working and what isn't.

Sort of like Congress passing laws for the people even though they don't have a clue as to how most people live nor their needs.

I have only watched a few episodes, but the people that got fired should have been fired a long time ago. I would have been trying to figure out why they were still working there.

Undercover Boss TV Show

It's one of the very few television shows I can watch without getting turned off. It is definitely "feel good" tv. The things the boss does for the rank and file worker is oftentimes overly generous. I almost cried watching it once. [Image: cry.gif] [Image: gay.gif]