rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Want to be physically more attractive? Eat more fruits and vegetables.

This guy is legit. He has the science to backup all of the benefits of a Vegan diet.

Quote: (09-14-2013 09:42 PM)deathtofatties Wrote:  

This guy is legit. He has the science to backup all of the benefits of a Vegan diet.

ie juicing like mikeCF suggested would cover this

Don't believe the hype, you need a balanced diet to look good. I live in SF, where at least 20% of the population's vegan. Most of them look like shit- admittedly a lot of them do drugs and huge drinkers.

Their skin is fucking gray from a lack of protein. Not saying you need to get that protein from animal protein, but vegans invariably never get enough to a support a normal lifestyle.

Quote: (09-14-2013 09:42 PM)deathtofatties Wrote:  

Strong username to post correlation

Quote: (09-14-2013 09:53 PM)Sugar Wrote:  

Their skin is fucking gray from a lack of protein. Not saying you need to get that protein from animal protein, but vegans invariably never get enough to a support a normal lifestyle.

This. I've had a few friends go the vegan route, and they do not look healthy at all, and their energy levels are shit.

It always has been and will always be about balance.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (09-14-2013 09:51 PM)Sugar Wrote:  

Don't believe the hype, you need a balanced diet to look good. I live in SF, where at least 20% of the population's vegan. Most of them look like shit- admittedly a lot of them do drugs and huge drinkers.

Vitamin B12 deficiency. They just need to take a pill. Even meat eaters are B12 deficient

No way that estimation is even close to the actual percentage.

Its more than that. You need cholesterol for brain and nerve health, creatine, iron, zinc and saturate fats. All are very easy to get in meats yet no so easy in plant form. There is also a host of fat soluble vitamins (k1 and k2 come to mind) that are much easier to get in meats and animal fats. B12 isn't that easily absorbed in pill form. Lozenges maybe better but you may need shots.

I think lack of fats my be why vegans often have that skin problem. It has something to do with skin health.

Quote: (09-14-2013 11:24 PM)Art Pimp Wrote:  

Probably not lol but they are everywhere, and most of them look like they've been in Guantanamo.

Quote: (09-14-2013 11:27 PM)kbell Wrote:  

Its more than that. You need cholesterol for brain and nerve health, creatine, iron, zinc and saturate fats. All are very easy to get in meats yet no so easy in plant form. There is also a host of fat soluble vitamins (k1 and k2 come to mind) that are much easier to get in meats and animal fats. B12 isn't that easily absorbed in pill form. Lozenges maybe better but you may need shots.

I think lack of fats my be why vegans often have that skin problem. It has something to do with skin health.

Kbell, where's the proof?

Show me one legitimate vegan that has a skin problem. Unless it's a genetic disorder, overall a vegan diet consistency improves skin health, and reduces body fat -- body fat is linked/correlated with estrogen production btw. A weeks into eating a truly vegan diet, I notices a dramatic reduction in the severity of my skin psoriasis.

I used to be a meat eater too. Meat is delicious (until you've stopped eating it for a month) it makes you feel manly when you eat it, but that's just self deception at its finest.

We've all eaten meat regularly in the past as part of the standard western diet, but I wonder how many of you have tried going vegan (no animal products) for more than couple months. Not only does it slow the aging process (look young longer for younger girls) and improve skin (for attractiveness) but it also lowers body fat. There's zero evidence that a vegan diet reduces testosterone -- as long as there's no over-consumption of soy, too much soy lowers T.

Let's look at it another way, what kind of diet does an alpha male, silver back Gorilla have? Mostly plants! There's plenty of the protein we need in plants, most all of the healthy fats come from plant oils and seeds, and Zinc from watermelons..

Everything in moderation you say? I hear you man, in moderation you could get away with putting small amounts of sand in your gas tank. Some engines can handle it better than others.

P.S. Vegan males also have lower rates of erectile dysfunction.

Quote: (09-15-2013 12:50 AM)Sugar Wrote:  

Quote: (09-14-2013 11:24 PM)Art Pimp Wrote:  

Probably not lol but they are everywhere, and most of them look like they've been in Guantanamo.

Most of your standard American meat eaters look like they've been hanging out with Nigel "Big Game" Davis

Humans evolved on meat.

All meat and no vegetables is probably worse, though. It's about balance. I try to avoid beef and pork. Lots of vegetables and fruits thrown in the blender in the AM, sometimes twice a day, with whey protein. Protein from organic eggs, fresh caught fish, organic free range chicken.

Quote: (09-15-2013 02:03 AM)Emancipator Wrote:  

Humans evolved on meat.

Oh yeah?

I'm liking this thread, keep it up deathtofatties.

I've been vegan myself for the past 4 years. No one's ever been able to tell. Chicks have actually told me my skin looks great. To which I responded theirs looks like shit (most of the time it really did look bad...acne and what not...they also always loved eating meat and dairy)

That being said, I am completely open for any criticism of veganism. I think it is important to be critical of one's own choices. Nevertheless the arguments I've seen so far have really weak.

Got say I love doctor greger though, dudes killing it with those nutritional videos

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

Quote: (09-15-2013 03:09 AM)deathtofatties Wrote:  

Quote: (09-15-2013 02:03 AM)Emancipator Wrote:  

Humans evolved on meat.

Oh yeah?

This woman clearly knows what she's talking about but in the Primal movement they repeatedly talk about eating fresh fruit and vegetables, fiber, things grown in season, ORGAN meats, LEAN meat, fresh water fish (not farmed) and also cutting out refined sugars and corn fed animals.

Seems to me that (i) she hasn't actually read the books or (ii) she has maybe just taken evidence from copy-cat websites and/or just generalising.

It also seems that both her and the primal folk are pretty much on the same page at their centers.

I wonder what Mark Sisson would say about this video?

In response to statements to the effect that humans did not evolve to eat meat, there is no better rebuttal than an eloquently worded article from chaos & pain. Also, note that the 'alpha male silverback gorilla only eats plants' argument that was made is also addressed.

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.nl/2010/07/...b8642aae89

I don't doubt that long-term consumption of large quantities of red meat can lead to a shorter life-span and various other physical ailments, and I'm sure that this is backed up by innumerable studies and statistics.

What I would like to point out is that, especially if these studies took place in the western world, you have to consider the fact that the majority of the participants were no doubt eating corn-fed factory farmed animals pumped full of unnatural hormones and antibiotics. There is no doubt in my mind that long-term consumption of this kind of chemically-laden meat can lead to a host of health problems, but what I am skeptical of is if scientists and statisticians would be able to find a similar trend among those who consume organic, free range, grass-fed meat.

The problem is not with the animals itself, but in our stupid western focus on feeding the animals we eat with cheap shit that they are not adapted to eat (corn), making them grow unnaturally fast (hormones), and making sure they don't die from being kept in incredibly unsanitary conditions (antibiotics), all so that you can pay the cheapest possible price for your meat.

Enjoying this discussion so far!

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-22820....light=meat

Is becoming vegan and having AIDS the same thing?

Because all vegans look like they have AIDS.

Wanna be nuts?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22676203
Stay away from vegetarian girls.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote: (09-15-2013 07:34 AM)void Wrote:  

Wanna be nuts?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22676203
Stay away from vegetarian girls.

Quote:Quote:

CONCLUSIONS:
Vegetarian diet is associated with an elevated risk of mental disorders. However, there was no evidence for a causal role of vegetarian diet in the etiology of mental disorders.

Yeah they can't figure out if vegans were batshit crazy before switching. Either way I'll be eating homemade roast beef later, like sane people do.

Quote: (09-14-2013 11:27 PM)kbell Wrote:  

This is very important but humans can attain this all from a decent ratio of meat in their diet.

B-12 for instance used to be rich in beef and other grazing meats from the grasses they used to consume. Modern meat is weak flesh with some iron and shit but far from the abundance of micro-nutrients it used to have.

The truth is that humans never evolved to eat meat as a dominate part of our diets. Are teeth are designed more to crush grains and plants more then to rip flesh. We have 4 "cutters" vs 12 "crushers", go open your dogs or cats mouth and see the difference in thier teeth composition. We have more in common with grazing horses teeth wise then your carnivore pet dog.

Next is the extreme opposites of both ends. Both sides wh eat too. Icy meat or purely Vegans look like shit. Humans can't be one or the other and there is perfect balance for ideal healthy lifestyles. Classically humans never ate more than 30% because outside of cheap oil it's nearly impossible to eat more than that. Few could actually afford to eat the modern diet of we have to pay its real cost in either energy or money. You would starve from eneffecent energy use, or go broke.. either way you would end up sick or dead. This can branch off into a even bigger discussion on why people starve and why famines outside of environmental disasters can spring up randomly but it's all tied to the energy ratios toward food.

The Vegans do win out because your body can do more with plants. You can source all vital nutrients from plant courses and a diet exclusive to plants will always win over the exclusive meat diet. Literally of you tried to eat just meat and nothing else for your life you would be dead by 30. A true vegan would still be able to carry on a good high quality life overall. Neither extreme is good but humans are supposed to only have a 30/70 split of meat - to - plants.

This is as far as vegan as I go, but really was too lazy to prepare a meat that night, even though the pinto beans had fat back cooked in.

[Image: attachment.jpg14485]   

[Image: attachment.jpg14486]   

Men eat meat. Men don't "juice". Males are becoming emasculated due to diet. "You are what you eat". Anything coming from a blender isn't manly. Chew your food.

I've been vegetarian, vegan and raw food vegan. Epic fail on all 3 counts.

While I was a vegan (about 3 months), I was incredibly tired and completely dependent on the next insulin spike because veganism is a very carb heavy diet, particularly if you're eating a lot of fruit. Fructose, the main sugar in fruit, isn't the healthiest thing in the world. In fact, it's one of the unhealthiest things in the world.

I lost about 15 pounds of lean muscle mass and I looked like shit. My family was frightened for me. I lost my sex drive and didn't want to bone my attractive girlfriend.

When my dick stopped working I said "fuck this!" and started eating meat again. And all of these problems resolved themselves.

Now granted, I only did this spectrum of diet for about 10 months (6 months vegetarian, 3 months vegan, 1 month raw food vegan). And my vegan roommate (who looks like and has the energy of an Auschwitz survivor), suggested I didn't give it enough time. I took a look at him, who'd been doing it for years, and thought...if this is what I have to look forward to, I'm going to go eat all the fucking meat I can find!

I did all the research, read the China Study and a million critiques from each side. Paleo, primal, raw food, shmaw food. Here's my conclusion. If you want to give it an honest foray, do this:

1. Get comprehensive bloodwork done to get a baseline.

2. Slowly transition to a vegetarian/vegan diet.

3. Keep a log to monitor energy levels, libido, sleep, etc.

4. Get more bloodwork done.

5. Draw your own conclusions

Everybody's body is different. I experienced what's called a "failure to thrive" on a plant based diet and I'm personally convinced (keyword: personally) that a high fat, mid protein, mid carb diet with plenty of animals and vegetables and minimal fruits suits ME best.

No use arguing about it. Try it and make up your own mind.