rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

AT&T apologizes for 9/11 tweet

[Image: blink.gif][Image: blink.gif][Image: blink.gif]

Link to article
Quote:Quote:

[Image: att_911_tweet_cnn.jpg]

NEW YORK (CNNMONEY) — AT&T quickly deleted a tweet on Sept. 11 after drawing ire from Twitter users who accused the company of exploiting a national tragedy.

AT&T's original tweet included a hand holding up a smartphone, with the Tribute in Light memorial captured on the device's screen. The memorial features two columns of light representing the fallen Twin Towers. "Never Forget," the post said.

The tweet, which AT&T posted at 12:15 p.m. ET Wednesday, quickly went viral. Some Twitter users replied with expletives, while others called it "tacky," "disgusting" and "tasteless." Others threatened to switch carriers.

A few things here:
  • 9/11 was 12 years ago. Sorry, but I think it's time to get over it and move on.
  • BEWARE! The Victimhood Industrial Complex ™ strikes again!
Kids that were born on 9/11/2011 are in Junior High School now, and many of them probably are already sucking dicks or fingering their classmates.

The war was fought, the troops came home, the tower was replaced. Can someone PLEASE tell me what purpose it serves when we rehash this event 12 years later?

What's wrong with an American company wanting to associate itself with an event in American history? Would these people be upset if AT&T told us to "never forget" the Alamo? Or D-Day? Or George Washington crossing the Delaware River?

Of course AT&T caved and apologized, WHICH THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE.

These people are really sick in the head. It is obvious to me from my experience and observation that some people have a deep-seated need to associate themselves with the negative side of everything, in my opinion, to make themselves feel better about the sorry state of their lives.

I have no clue how in any way that could be considered offensive.

People's lives are really that fucking boring that they need to be outraged over something. Unless you lossed someone on that day you need to get over it already.

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

I don't get how that picture is any more offensive than all the "never forget" stuff we're bombarded with. It's almost becoming a religion to "show your patriotism" by "never forgetting" tragedies.

And of course, patriotism is becoming a caricature. Coincidence?

'murca!

It's easy to understand why people are offended because they view it more about selling than about 9/11.

It's a cool picture. But, there is a problem when someone exploits a tragedy for financial gain.

Quote: (09-12-2013 04:54 PM)polymath Wrote:  

It's a cool picture. But, there is a problem when someone exploits a tragedy for financial gain.

And yet nobody gets offended when Dawn promotes their dish soap with oil spill pictures. Or when companies tout how their employees pitched in and helped during Katrina. Companies are routinely way more shameless at exploiting tragedy. If the phone had an ATT logo on it then I'd buy the outrage but as is it's a 3 on my offendometer.

Why can't ATT apologize for something pertinent? Like bad customer service, shitty reception, monopolizing, and overpricing?

The Alamo. Dont forget that either.

Yup. When they've ran out of "believable" problems, they started "fixing" stupid outrageous "problems". Now they started making up "problems" that need to be "fixed". All this while conveniently ignoring problems that need fixing because that would require effort (GOSH!!!!) from them. I wonder what next the hamsters will come up with?

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

Quote: (09-12-2013 06:16 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Don't forget the Boston Massacre either.

Bah Gawd!

[Image: 510px-Boston_Massacre_high-res.jpg]

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

Quote: (09-13-2013 08:55 AM)NYJ Wrote:  

Quote: (09-12-2013 06:16 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Don't forget the Boston Massacre either.

Bah Gawd!

[Image: 510px-Boston_Massacre_high-res.jpg]

What about Yangzhou massacre? Surely you haven't been so incosiderate as to forget the tragic event when Qing troops under the command of Prince Dodo conquered the city from forces loyal to the Southern Ming regime of the Hongguang Emperor, conducting mass killings, with reported death of civilians going up to 800,000? How misogynistic of you!

[Image: Yangzhou_massacre.jpg]

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

Is there a correlation to using Twitter, and also constantly being on your period?