rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is this a decent plan

Is this a decent plan

Just for shits and gigs, if I did have the means to make the following happen, what do you think of it?

Step 1- Stack up X amount of chips
Step 2-put X amount into a downpayment on a house.
Step 3- cash rich friend gives me X amount in cash.
Step 4-Friend pays me the mortgage amount each month plus whatever interests rate I come up with.
Step 5- I invest the cash into metals and sit on it for a while.
Step 6-Friend pays off mortgage and I turn turn over the title to him.

So basically, I would buy the house for free, make a few thousand on it over 3-5 years, have a lot cash on me which I wold invest in metals which I could cash out.

How does it look?

Is this a decent plan

Could work.

The risks are:

What happens when the friend decides to live somewhere's else?
He loses his job?
Has a gf or roomate move in and they trash the place?

I think real estate is a good investment, but I would lean towards buying a good investment property and making it more of a business.

Silver is either a good buy now, or will be in the near future, so I agree with that.

Is this a decent plan

I'm not worried about him moving or trashing the place. I'm more concerned with the IRS wondering how I paid off a house in 3 to 5 years. I was thinking of using the money from my job to pay for the property while I keep the cash to myself. As long as you don't buy more then $10k in precious metals at a time you stay off the radar. I'm not sure how cashing it in would go. More research needs to be done on this.

This is all hypothetical, of course.