rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Refereeing youth sports?

Refereeing youth sports?

Anyone do this as a side hustle?

I'm in SoCal and youth club soccer is extremely popular here. I checked the local referee association and pay varies, bit basically works out to $20-25/HR. E.g., 50 bucks for a teen game, 30 for little kids (length of games are different).

Let's say you hit a few soccer tournaments per month and ref 6-8 games per tournament, you could make $1k per month.

Not going to get rich, but it's diversifying income, getting paid to keep in shape, and being able to stay involved in sports with minimal time investment (coaching is a HUGE time commitment)

Thoughts?

Refereeing youth sports?

It's a good way to
- meet single moms
- train up the youngsters to see the light.

WIA

Refereeing youth sports?

I do some similar things to this. Some for pay, some I volunteer. I have to say, just casually dropping these things in conversation does so much for my appeal to women that I would probably do them all for free.

"When I was teaching kids...I learned..."
"When I was coaching troubled teens..."
"When I first started coaching kids...."

I use these in Day Game consistently and you would have to be completely lacking a heart not to bite on my bait.

Refereeing youth sports?

Being a Ref for any sport pays pretty well. I made about $30 a game for youth basketball. Ref 3 games on Saturday morning and make $90. Not too shabby. Always nice to have some walk around money.

The youth games were the best because of the young mom's running around. Didn't really have to pay attention to the games since the kids didn't know the basic fundamentals. Had to be lenient due to their age. Nice courtside view of the women.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Refereeing youth sports?

Easy money and no stress.

Running sports are the worst -- Basketball, soccer, lacrosse, etc. Too much work

It's much easier on the body to do Volleyball, Baseball, Tennis, etc.

Less running = less work.

Ignore the idiot parents and stupid assistant coaches.

Your job is to not get emotional.

Refereeing youth sports?

It's easy, good work, when I did it as a kid, the certification took six hours to get, was boring for those that actually played the game regularly.

But the pay when I was younger was solid $35-$40 an hour long game, $20 per 30 minute game. I would do thursday, friday and saturday games, and sometimes assist older guys games. It was good money at the time, an extra $200-$300 for a few days work just watching some ridiculousness.

Refereeing youth sports?

I used to coach youth football years ago, it was a pretty good pipeline for single moms. Kinda salty that the head coach dissolved the team.

I referee youth volleyball now and it's a pretty good pay: $20 a game and usually 4-5 games a night, once or twice a week. It pays for drinking/gas for the week, so I can save more.

Haven't seen too many attractive chicks around, but that might be location since the center where I ref at isn't in the best area. I might try to find a place in a better part of town.

Oddly enough, I get a better response from chicks when I tell them I ref volleyball versus my real job as a financial adviser. [Image: huh.gif]