rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

psychology behind girls giving out their number

I spent the last 2 months not getting numbers. I ignored the little hints and flat out refused when asked. I finally bit, after a long absence I asked for a girls phone number again. In our 10 minute conversation we had a great vibe, laughter, kino and that look in her eyes. I really felt like I had no choice to get the number since it was one of those rare connections you get with a girl where there is that amazing energy between the both of you.

You know the rest of the story from here. She wouldnt answer the phone so after very brief texting where she had a smiley face at the end of each message we made plans for 2 days later. The day of the meeting she didnt respond to my texts and we never met.

My understanding of this is a female notch. Basically getting a guy to admit he likes you via trying to meet up with you. They get the validation and attention that they crave while getting off on knowing the meeting will never take place. This drives me batshit. I know it shouldnt and you guys have conditioned me to realize the flakiness of young girls but I just cannot stand losing in a situation where I thought it was a for sure thing.

To those dudes pulling 100+ numbers a year and getting 5 dates out of that, what keeps you going? I am not talking about online dating btw. Does it feel worth it at the end of the day with such a low return rate while empowering so many of these broads at the same time?

The what behind girls?

Quote: (09-08-2013 07:07 PM)Jaylow Wrote:  

To those dudes pulling 100+ numbers a year and getting 5 dates out of that, what keeps you going?

The sex and the chase.

Quote: (09-08-2013 07:07 PM)Jaylow Wrote:  

Does it feel worth it at the end of the day with such a low return rate while empowering so many of these broads at the same time?

For me, yes.

Improve textgame, hit the gym, become a hobbyist photographer

It couldnt be my texting. I sent 3 logistics texts which were replied to within 1 minute each time. The smiley face at the end of each of her replies is what really pisses me off.

Gio: I can respect a man who can dredge through the numbers game but its just not for me. Just to be clear, if I get the date and I dont get my way and she doesnt fuck me nor want to see me again I blame myself and I am not upset at the situation at all. But if I feel a great connection and the girl uses me for brief attention without giving me a chance via meeting me, I just cant deal with that its too infuriating.

Quote: (09-08-2013 07:43 PM)Jaylow Wrote:  

Gio: I can respect a man who can dredge through the numbers game but its just not for me.

I don't see or feel it as a "drudge". I enjoy the chase. If I get a girls number and she doesn't want to date me, I simply delete the number and move on. It all flows quite smoothly.

I don't take rejection personally.

It's disrespectful. They're being cunts.

I wish the lot of men in the United States would stop enabling this shit. But that's a pipe dream, as we know. Because pussy is the world's first and only constant currency, and right now it's in a bubble.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

On that. Is pussy actually in a bubble?

Pros:
Women make their own money and don't need men to provide for them, so they end up looking upward.
There's a number of hidden dangers associated with pussy - accidental impregnation/wage slavery, FRAs, etc.
Lots of beta enablers out there making 3s and 4s feel like 10s.

Cons:
It's pretty easy to get it for free, sans commitment.

Discuss.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

A bubble would insinuate an inflated market on the verge of collapsing. While the inflated market is true, it is not, nor will be within our lifetimes, on the verge of collapsing. There are just too many pathetically thirsty dudes out there. It's a sellers market.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

I would agree but my numbers have been a little better than this. And now after about 60 numbers since June(Do Roosh's 100 plan), the numbers come so much easier, even when I dont ask. It happened today when I was out buying coffee for the girl in my bed. A 6 was there at the counter, my coffee was taking a while, I looked at her and smiled she smiled back, I said something a little cocky like "You took the last of the iced coffee?" She started talking my ear off, even made a comment about me buying two coffees in my pajamas on a Sunday morning. Easy easy easy. But I find myself getting lazier in my approaches, so I am working on better quality approaches, being memorable and cool. This is what gets to the next step, not your text game, which will hold you back if its really bad or strung out. I might even try making the first contact a phone call. Who does that anymore? A friend of mine told me a dude she met did this and she really liked it.

Quote: (09-08-2013 07:43 PM)Jaylow Wrote:  

It couldnt be my texting. I sent 3 logistics texts which were replied to within 1 minute each time. The smiley face at the end of each of her replies is what really pisses me off.

Gio: I can respect a man who can dredge through the numbers game but its just not for me. Just to be clear, if I get the date and I dont get my way and she doesnt fuck me nor want to see me again I blame myself and I am not upset at the situation at all. But if I feel a great connection and the girl uses me for brief attention without giving me a chance via meeting me, I just cant deal with that its too infuriating.

I talked about this yesterday, here: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-24128-...pid529229.

I got six numbers, and I got six dates.

Personally, I do not care about phone numbers. I care about physically meeting up with the woman on a date. My intent from the get go is about meeting up with her again.

Quote: (09-08-2013 08:07 PM)aphelion Wrote:  

No. It's not. On top of that, they are not being cunts.

There are two reasons why an attractive women (7+) will flake on a man.

1. She is not interested.
2. She is not comfortable with meeting up with the guy.

That is it. Here's how to solve them with respect to what I listed here:

1. Craft a solid style. Get in better physical shape. Make more money. Become more fearless. Become more confident.
2. Develop enough social savvy to know how to respond to discomfort and be capable of decreasing (or even better completely eliminate) her fears and anxiety.

I am glad my whine thread at least is getting some positive discussion out of it.

I think I just have to play the Toronto card here because only 1 number I turned into a date was from my Uni here which is probably 75% from TO. The rest were locals or from other areas which I have a much higher conversion rate. I have ONS'd TO girls but the exchange of numbers just seems like a game they get off on that never leads anywhere.

Quote:Quote:

1. Craft a solid style. Get in better physical shape. Make more money. Become more fearless. Become more confident.
2. Develop enough social savvy to know how to respond to discomfort and be capable of decreasing (or even better completely eliminate) her fears and anxiety.

And if you got all this and she flakes then what? Turning 6 numbers into 6 dates is a very small sample size.

Do you ever take the business card from a guy even though you never intend to do business with him?

Same principle. Nothing personal, it's just how it goes.

This doesn't bother me anymore, because at the end of the day, just as girls can easily stop responding to your calls and texts, you can just as blithely and dismissively delete their number and move on.

The flipside of girls promiscuously doling out their number to dudes is that it's really easy to get numbers from cute girls. Get a bunch every night you're out, or every time you do day game, and play the numbers game. It's just another layer of the statistical game that guys have played to get women since we came up from the primordial ooze.

I just assume if they flake on the phone that you didn't make much of an impression in the first place. Women don't like awkwardness or confrontation with strangers so even a guy whose game consists of talking for forty minutes about configuring his router to make warcraft run faster is going to have the girl smile and nod and probably give a number when asked. She probably figures that if she refuses to give a number or at the very least a fake number, the guy might start arguing with her or something, so it's easier to just go along and then ignore once he's not standing there and let him figure it out after the 100th ignored text inviting her over to look at his magic card collection.

You care about the numbers not going through because you still appear to have a slight pang when a girl rejects or does not want to meet up.

I can't even tell you how many numbers/flakes I've had in the last 2 months. If I cared about a miss/flakes would have quit years ago, hell you should get 100 numbers in 3 weeks if you can.

These chicks are all the same just run hard aggressive game on every girl you see and you should be entirely numb to any sort of rejection. 5, 8, 10 doesn't matter.

As time goes on, you will have worse things happen in your life and the "pain" of rejection goes away. I feel nothing when I get head turned or flaked on, she's retarded for missing a winning lotto ticket.

Keep grinding and work on your inner game, any girl who says no should basically be a idiot in your eyes. Yougttothis level by continuously approaching and continuously growing

I was having a conversation about numbers with my friends, all of us agreed that text game only works with girls after you've banged them. Anything earlier and you're orbiting. But these are millennials in America, so take my words with a pinch of salt if you're going after foreign girls/ girls who've graduated college.

Read this carefully and think about it before y'all come after me with torches.

Number closing is the one place where Facebook comes in handy. It allows you to sidestep the process.

A bit of history first: In the old days when we grew up in small towns with people we knew all our lives, getting blow-offs after you got a number was less likely because odds were that the girl doing it would also know your friends or family. Social pressure would keep her from behaving like a total bitch.

Today, we're atomized and we can basically fuck each other over then go about our lives with no ramifications. This is where FB comes in.

In my experience, FB-friending a woman first defuses rudeness because it's implicit that you can expose her rudeness to her friends. Once you both are FB friends, her friends are in your view and the reverse is true. If she says something awful you can cause a scene on her wall. I've seen guys do this. And even though White Knights step in, the general feeling is that the woman's life is a cauldron of drama and insanity. It shows she makes bad choices in friends and guys. This is not good for her -- esp. when her co-workers and family are looking on. This is something women know unconsciously: "What if he writes on my wall about how rude I was and he does it at 3 a.m. and I don't see it until 9 a.m. but everyone else does?"

Adding to this is the fact that I've noticed that after I talk to a woman, I don't even have to suggest getting a number. They usually suggest FB friending or friend me out of the blue.

I think this is indicative of a sea change in society itself. Women (or maybe people in general) are more comfortable now getting to know someone online a bit before they give out a number. Yes, this sounds weird. But people are swayed by technology and it almost seems today people aren't fully "real" until we know them online.

And now for the bad news:

When I saw the online attention whoring and annoying "memes" some of these women posted, I sometimes became the one who ended up ignoring messages. There's nothing like FB to let you see the absolute worst qualities of women. Latest example: one women just put that she was in an "open relationship"....with her cat. Ewwwwww!

There are some good stories, though. Wall posts that led to private message that got innuendo-heavy and led to her writing "OMG!! Call me now !!" I've also made FB friends with women and ended up getting to know the woman's friends better than her. I've spoken negatively about FB in the past, and technology can be a bitch, but it's important to learn to make it YOUR bitch.

Just try to ignore the awful cliched memes and bothersome photos women post and you'll be fine. Hey, it's better than unreturned messages.

Quote: (09-08-2013 08:07 PM)aphelion Wrote:  

I wish the lot of men in the United States would stop enabling this shit. But that's a pipe dream, as we know. Because pussy is the world's first and only constant currency, and right now it's in a bubble.

Its the same shit here in Europe, chicks will give out their number and never reply.
I find it highly disrespectfull they could just say no how about that? I never got a fake number but gotten hundreds of numbers that didnt even bother replying.

This is why I dont even take numbers anymore its too much of a time waster.

The only 2 strategies I find to counter this problem are:

- high volume and mass texting these hoes
- only go for SNL

Quote: (09-08-2013 10:57 PM)Jaylow Wrote:  

And if you got all this and she flakes then what? Turning 6 numbers into 6 dates is a very small sample size.

Continue pushing for the date, until she either meets up with you or stops responding.

Also, I started approaching a lot of girls over summer, so this sample size is from 2 months.

I was just throwing out the way I do things because I get a lot of dates, and few numbers rather than the other way around.

I will add to this, when it comes to meeting girls during the day, I am an envelope pusher. Three of those six girls were girls I had taken from approaching them at a coffee shop to my apartment in two hours. The others were one's who had to leave so I straight up asked them out on a date (not for a number). I got their number as a way of setting up the date. It was already assumed by them agreeing to the date before getting their number that I was getting their number to set up logistics rather than as a way to text them "for fun".

Quote: (09-09-2013 12:06 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

As time goes on, you will have worse things happen in your life and the "pain" of rejection goes away.

This is why I have realized that the hell I went through for the first two and a half years of this journey were a blessing in disguise.

This year, I broke through the wall, and now I am ahead of the curve when it comes to most of my friends. It would have never been this way if it was not for those first two and a half years.

try this.

- find out what's going on in your city, think parties/events/games/etc.

- you meet a girl and it goes well. tell her why you like and what is it about her that makes you want to see her again [qualify a lot]

- find out about her duties this/next week [school/work/activities/travels/etc]. figure out when she's free. if she's busy bait/accuse her of being chicken running with her head cut off and tease that stress is source of all evil in the world so that she's evil as well. it's funny. don't be pushy. make it fun and lighthearted.

- tell her about some cool venue/event/game/etc and offer her to go out with you. watch how she reacts. you want her to be enthusiastic/cool/eager. if she's evasive/hesitant/bad eye contact then she's bad news.

- set it up some tentative details just to give her basic idea about time and place.

- make her save your number in her phone under funny nickname and call you right away.

- end the interaction with another qualification like "it was cool to meet you, who would have thought you'd be such X person, you seemed more like Y, ok, so see you at the [your date]".

that's the ideal. not always possible. especially when you're both in a hurry. but shoot for that. shoot for qualifying a lot [use anything you can, "omg, you're that busy too? damn at last someone can get me"]. shoot for setting up your next meeting before even touching your phone. in a hurry think of whatever, "i'll feed you with a pancake from out of this world, hungry this week?". shoot for building comfort comfort comfort, in whatever way you find possible, by empathy or by short little story or point of view or simply good conversation. having her phone number is just for negotiating when and where IMO.

CHEERS!!

I completely understand you when you say empowering these hoes. Years ago i used to feel the same way, i hated to approach girls, be rejected and empower these girls belief about how hot they are. However there is no way around this, if the girl is hot, she is getting hit by many other guys, the only way for you to bang hot girls is to approach them and in doing this you may get to fuck them, you may not.

Its male nature to approach and try to fuck girls, accept this and keep on hitting on girls.

To me this is more than just trying to fuck girls, as giovonny says, this is to keep me fearless.

Also, whenever you have the chance to shoot down a girl, do it. I do that shit all the time, specially with girls acting like their shit don't stink. Don't confuse this with shooting down girls who are polite and are not interested in you.

Quote: (09-09-2013 12:20 AM)coolkid Wrote:  

I was having a conversation about numbers with my friends, all of us agreed that text game only works with girls after you've banged them. Anything earlier and you're orbiting. But these are millennials in America, so take my words with a pinch of salt if you're going after foreign girls/ girls who've graduated college.

no way

i get girls primed for sex through texting all the time. you can get the number and then basically start foreplay right away and have them horny as fuck before they even see you again the next time.

i like to do little games with them. make them send me pictures of themselves.

even more fun, i have them do things like go to the bathroom at work and masturbate and send me a pic of them putting their hand in their panties.

this is before sex.

it is possible.

@reaper

I would love to read some texting post for
how you do this, starting from number and beyond. Text game is easily the most weakest part of my game.

valhalla

there is no routine.

just start making allusions and sexual comments as soon as you can.

one thing i do is tell slide in early on how i am going to kiss them within the first few minutes of seeing them the next time. after you've gotten them to agree on a time/date you say something like, 'i dont know where just yet, i'll figure it out and let you know. but be sure it will be some place where i can kiss you, you know, to see whats what'

and then just go from there

or ask them when the last time they got laid was, when they ask you, just say, i'm getting laid right now and make a joke about multi tasking

i'm big and tall, so i always play on that. tell them how they will feel small next to me. that usually makes them say something like "mmmm" or "i like that" and then you know its on. just plow plow plow

i've had girls calling me daddy and shit before we even got to the first real date.

tell them that you like girls who appreciate dominant men, most will say they do and that they've always wanted to be submissive. and then go from there - describe scenes, always PG13/R rated, never X rated.

i'll think about putting something more robust together when i have time but thats the general gist

always be sexual, always be upfront about your sexual desires, always be making allusions