rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Accutane

Accutane

Do any of you have experience with this as far as side effects goes? I know a guy that went bald but most people are suffer little side effects and are cured in the end.

Accutane

I took it in High School. It worked well. Really well. Great thing about it was that it stopped the acne and it never came back, even to this day.

Went for the blood tests and was OK. Never suffered from any depression or had remotely suicidal thoughts. I probably have more pattern balding than most men my age, but by no means is it egregious. I'd say 25% of men my age have more balding than I do. I have no clue if I can attribute that to the accutane.

Accutane

Worked great for me. It cleared up 95% of my acne after a few months and the following year or so. It's starting to come back though, albeit not nearly as bad as before.

Only side effect I had were the expected ones, such as severe skin dryness. It's to the point you moisturize 2-3 times a day and apply chapstick every hour. But besides that, I found it a success.

Accutane

Actually the so called suicide and depression is a proven side effect... they say those guys had acne so bad that they probably had a bad emotional state do to the condition NOT the medication.

Accutane

I never had to take it, didn't have particularly bad acne, but just on this subject, I'd advise anyone looking at taking medication, to first try a month with full strict Paleo, and see if that doesn't make a difference to begin with.

I picked up an ebook on this subject that has helped out friends, if anyone needs more info, PM me.

Accutane

Try implementing a clean paleo/histamine-free diet for some time. Accutane is a last resolve with unpredictable (some times permanent) side effects. No dairy either.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Accutane

Why not try the topical vitamin A derivatives before settling on accutane?

Stieva-A or retin-A cream are good first liners and I would recommend them first before trying accutane. It's basically hitting the problem right where it is.

That said, severe acne is mostly due to environmental factors rather than anything else. If you're willing to put in the effort to try out the paleo, give the 'roids (if you're on em) a break, and pay attention to the air and water quality in your area; it will probably solve your problem permanently rather than having to rely on medication all the time.

And this is a pharmacist telling you not to take prescription drugs. Heh.

Accutane

I took it for 5months. My acne went away probably for two years. It came back but not as bad as before.

I remember while I was on it my dreams were very vivid. Other than that no side effects.

Accutane

Try this:

http://www.amazon.com/Aztec-Secret-India...B0014P8L9W

It simply works. Cleared up my face completely in 2 weeks.

Accutane

Been on accutane for 1 week. I can handle the dryness and joint pains, but I have severe mood swings now.

Accutane

Quote: (11-03-2013 01:34 AM)Every10GivesMeA10 Wrote:  

Been on accutane for 1 week. I can handle the dryness and joint pains, but I have severe mood swings now.

Maybe lower the dose?

My experience with accutane in my patients has shown that doses far lower than the 'minimum' dose can still bring about dramatic improvements while also give far fewer side-effects.

I personally think that the recommended dosing levels are too high.

Accutane

The dermatologists put me on 50mg a day. I'll ask him to lower the dose to 20mg.

Accutane

http://ragforum.freeforums.org/index.html

this website convinced me to not take roac

Accutane

I've been on accutane for three months now. I had tried everything up to that point without success.

Mild acne since puberty.

Well today I get a call from the doctor. My blood test results came back and were not within normal range. She told me to stop taking the medicine for a week. I will have another blood sample taken next week and if things are OK I can start again at a lower dose.

She said the results put me in a group of only a handful of patients who have had this side effect. She asked me if I had been drinking heavily, which I haven't.

Really hope this clears up (heh) as I've been putting up with the annoying side effects so far.

the peer review system
put both
Socrates and Jesus
to death
-GBFM

Accutane

For any acne sufferers, try zinc. Start with 45-70mg a day for 2-3 weeks, then gradually reduce dosage, for example 65mg > 40mg > 20mg > 20mg once every 2 days, etc. Phase it out too the point where you just take it 2-3 times a week, you can try going lower than that too.

Make sure your multivitamin has copper in it, and I'd advise making sure you take a good whole food multivitamin while you're at it. Take good quality zinc too. Look for a 20-30mg tablet, easy to adjust (for example with a 20mg tablet, cut in half to get 10mg, take two to get 40mg, etc).

Lots of posts throughout the Internet, just Google "zinc acne" and you'll find tons of success stories. Seems to work especially well in guys too, so applicable for this forum.

Accutane

I’ve used this twice in my life both for six months it was the only thing that worked. I had quite severe acne from 15 to 18 then after trying many different solutions including diet change I went on the drug for 6 months cleared it up in about two months leaving me with some degree of acne scaring and pigmentation. The acne came back when I was 21 though not nearly as severe, I went back on the medication with a low dose and it disappeared again completely. The only side effects I had were dry skin and cracked lips (buy some lip balm) no changes in mood or anything else. I would recommend this to anyone suffering from stubborn acne as it really does work.
Now my skin is completely clear with only very minor acne scaring, noticeable only if you look up close under a bright light.

Girls should be an ornament to the eye, not an ache in the ear.

Accutane

Most common side effect is dry lips.

Hair shedding (if it happens) occurs at higher doses and is considered temporary.

The side effects are dose related. Not a problem to be on a lower dose for a longer period of time.

Nothing natural or otherwise can compete with it's effectiveness.

Accutane

Quote: (01-24-2014 09:06 PM)svenski7 Wrote:  

I've been on accutane for three months now. I had tried everything up to that point without success.

Mild acne since puberty.

Well today I get a call from the doctor. My blood test results came back and were not within normal range. She told me to stop taking the medicine for a week. I will have another blood sample taken next week and if things are OK I can start again at a lower dose.

She said the results put me in a group of only a handful of patients who have had this side effect. She asked me if I had been drinking heavily, which I haven't.

Really hope this clears up (heh) as I've been putting up with the annoying side effects so far.

What dosage were you running? I suggest you get on a liver support supplement like liv-52

Accutane

I have mild acne, mostly average-bad bacne(which I think is due to high natural levels of testosterone which increases sebum production, because bacne is very common with lifters). Zits in the face are rare but the skin quality is not very good and I got some red marks.

I started microdosing with accutane this week -- first 4 weeks for 9mg/day, then 6 weeks for 6mg/day and then continue for 8+ weeks with 3mg/day. I am not expecting side-effects and have had none so far anyway. I have heard that people who microdose who are acne prone but have only mild acne, see good improvements in their skin quality over time.

I had bad acne in my teens, but managed to get the acne in control with a clean diet and supplementing with zinc, c, d, beta-carotene.

Accutane

Haha I had probably 700 words written up on in this post before accidentally hitting CTRL-R instead of CTRL-T when trying to look up how to spell Salicylic. Here is the cliffsnotes breakdown of what I had written:

Been off of accutane for 9 months. Basically all acne is gone from face.

Before: typical diet, no drinking or drugs, washed face with acne products twice a day.

While: super dry skin, super dry lips. No joint pain. After 2 months I was cleared up. There was pinkness where I previously had zits. Doc said this was normal. I stayed on the drug for 3 more months with little more change. Didn't wash face with acne products, only cetaphil cleanser.

After: dry skin cleared up after a week, pinkness has slowly gone away. Acne slowly started to come back. Still using cetaphil cleanser. When i noticed it start to come back i began using Oxy salicylic acid pads to wash once a day. Acne is now 95% gone. I've also totally cut out milk, which has helped a lot too.

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Accutane

I've been on it twice. I had bad body acne and it was the only thing that worked. I was on 60mg a day the first time, and 20mg the second time (3ish years later). I don't think you need large doses. 20-30mg should do it. Increasing my water intake was the best way of curbing physical side effects. I never experienced any emotional side effects.

Accutane

Did wonders for my face,but i didn't finish my treatment because it made me hostile,depressed,and think about suicide. It all felt completely normal while i was on it,but after the drugs started to wash out of my system i started being more aware of how it affected me mentally.
That stuff really isn't a big deal though cause its temporary, in the long term my reduced acne just made me feel a lot better.

Accutane

Quote: (09-09-2013 08:41 AM)NY Digital Wrote:  

Try this:

http://www.amazon.com/Aztec-Secret-India...B0014P8L9W

It simply works. Cleared up my face completely in 2 weeks.

I have the same stuff. How often do you apply it? As you feel the need to do so?

Accutane

Quote: (09-08-2013 02:05 PM)void Wrote:  

Try implementing a clean paleo/histamine-free diet for some time. Accutane is a last resolve with unpredictable (some times permanent) side effects. No dairy either.

I'll second the diet thing. I had terrible acne in high school (30 years ago now) and went thru the whole set of drugs - tetracycline, another one I don't remember, then accutane. The Accutane gave terrible cottonmouth & dry skin, I don't remember other side effects, but let's face it, when you're a teenager your mental state isn't exactly stable to begin with.

The accutane cleared me up pretty good, I was on it for about a year. Back then though there was some talk about diet, but it centered around stuff like chocolate. Since then we know a lot more about diet. Paleo is one way, you can look into the Perricone diet, which is very similar. Perricone's emphasis is on limiting foods with a high Glycemic Index, so refined sugar, wheat, and most starches are out. Net, it's about the same as Paleo, but he recommends using only Agave (low GI) or Stevia for sweeteners, I think Paleo is ok with honey, which is medium GI.

For sure cut out white flour & refined sugar, and probably limit dairy, cow's milk has quite high sugar content.