rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Never revealing your true financial position

Sort of a random thought, so bear with me.

Have you or known someone who has met a woman and he never revealed his true financial status. In other words, he was well to do, but didn't flaunt it because he was trying to meet a grounded/sane women. Maybe he even created a fictitious job that gave him enough income but not excessive.

It is a bit of a hypothetical, but some day when I have everything lined up, I imagine I might take that path. I don't consume to be happy. I like ideas, learning new things and meeting good people. Buying stuff has never been a way for me to be happy. I will admit, I like treating others (meals, thoughtful gifts, etc.) So I imagine I may have to tone that down.

A variation would be structuring all the assets in a way so there is nothing to your name and then trying to build another pile of assets. There have been times when I thought that might be enjoyable.

So, like I said, a random thought. But am curious if any of you have down this or heard of/know someone who has. Was he/were you able to pull it off?

Thanks.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Cross this bridge when you get there. Thinking about what if situations is one of the worst things you can do to your brain, it's a form of worry.

Once you're a few months away from this situation post it up again.

However, to answer your question, the guys doing it right set up funds and LLCs so nothing is in their name. When you're in your 30's hide it all. People will try and steal/cheat you of money, this becomes difficult when nothing is in your name.

Also remember all women are insane don't fool yourself into romanticism. This will also make you question your logic of hiding money since your goal is going to be easy sex with attractive women.

I wouldn't reveal my income position with anyone.

I'm already seeing the harm it can do with friends my age. Everyone who I have told has either asked me for a job or just had this look of discontent in their eyes.

I don't even make that much.

My general practice has been not to reveal too much, especially when it comes to finances.

So, in that regard, I have developed a practice already of being kind of evasive about this kind of thing, and maybe even exaggerating in one regard or another in order that she gets the idea that the answer is none of her business.

Sometimes, you cannot avoid that girls that you know or have in your rotation are going to find out about some of your assets or even your income.. and some are more prying than others and even sometimes, you can make a mistake of accidentally leaving an earning statement in the wrong spot or your bank account open on your computer, and Viola, she finds out more than what you intended for her to find out.

On the other hand, if you are in a situation where you are legally obligated to disclose financials, then that may be a different story.

Quote: (09-04-2013 03:56 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

I wouldn't reveal my income position with anyone.

Exactly. Never share financial information with anyone. I have no problem with suiting up, wearing a nice watch, and showing other indications of success. But sharing financial information? Never.

Employ the economics of dating. If you are trying to find a women for marriage, never buy them gifts ever, except for birthdays and Christmas. Instead, treat them to things where they must enjoy your company to remain interested (dinners, shows, etc.). Actual studies have demonstrated that bitches will stay around just for the gifts.

Quote: (09-04-2013 03:49 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Thinking about what if situations is one of the worst things you can do to your brain, it's a form of worry.

I've never heard this before but its interesting, can you go into more detail?

Unless you're about to propose to a chick, don't ever tell her how much you make or reveal your assets. Outside of NYC, LA, SF, and a few other high cost U.S. cities a chick probably can't tell how much a guy makes once he passes $60k-$70k per year.

No good can ever come of this. If you want to drop some DHV clues here and there to make a chick chase you, that's fine, but I've never understood the guys that run around bragging about what types of cars they drive and how much they make.

Quote: (09-04-2013 10:18 PM)Blackmagic Wrote:  

Since you're never going to propose to a chick, don't ever tell her how much you make or reveal your assets. Outside of NYC, LA, SF, and a few other high cost U.S. cities a chick probably can't tell how much a guy makes once he passes $60k-$70k per year.

No good can ever come of this. If you want to drop some DHV clues here and there to make a chick chase you, that's fine, but I've never understood the guys that run around bragging about what types of cars they drive and how much they make.

Fixed it for you.

so true, never tell them the truth about your finances...even if they probe!

i am happy to go as far as telling a woman i am senior management but i will never admit to owning the company I work for, its just not worth the risks attached or the problems it can potentially cause. I made that mistake once and it took me years to get rid of her.

as for assets, its hard to hide nice things at home like jetskis in the garage or high end toys in the house, but if probed on such topics just tell them they are either imported, fake, bought at auction mega cheap or were gifts from an ex and or family.

Women will believe almost anything if you pitch it right or so i have noticed of late....maybe i am reading them wrong but they seem somewhat gullible thus far now that my eyes have been opened.

My principle is to never reveal any number about myself to a woman - neither my income, nor my length, penis length or times I can pushup. Even if these numbers are high and respectable.

Numbers are for comparison, once you reveal your numbers you set yourself up for a comparison between yourself and any other man. There will always be someone with higher numbers then you, even if you are better then 99% of other men.

By not revealing my numbers I keep mystique and my personal charisma that is no one else's just mine. And women don't really want to know numbers they just like to feel things. Numbers just activate the calculating part of brain at expense of the emotional part of the brain and that is a no no.

^ Truth. Last LTR I was in, we were talking about celebs and I said so and so is a definite 7. And the chick asked me what I would rank her (my girlfriend) as.

I told her I wasn't going to answer that, and she got angry! She really wanted to know and I never did tell her. She was an 8 though.

Giving straight answers to women sucks the energy out of male/female conversation. ~ Roosh/Roissy/et al

back up to OP. Do trusts over LLCs, its more straight forward for tax filing. If you don't care about complicated taxes add another layer and have one entity own the other entities.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

I agree as well, NEVER tell anyone your net worth or income - it's in poor form, it builds resentment with your friends who have less, and it brings out the gold-diggers in droves.

@jaydublin

Essentially "scenario analysis" is brain paralysis. It's a useless task where you weigh pros and cons with no reason to do so.

In life you should get all your ducks in a row. Say 7 options for xyz task. Then you sit down and actually run the scenario.

If you sit around and get into your brain about things you don't even have to deal with, you may as well be insane. This is similar to people who try to predict how the world will change in 50 years. It's fun to do once a year or so, but it's a waste of your brain, just like politics and other things out of your control.

Your mind and body should be focused on improving yourself today, not on what will happen when you become... Because if you don't overhaul yourself now, you'll never become in the first place.

Yeah I have a few friends like this (I suppose I'd qualify too). All self-made business people, with nothing to prove.

Some would dress pretty downscale and even travel that way -- we'd drink it up at someone's place then take public transportation to go out that night (this was in FSU). Imagine a couple guys get on the local crappy Czech-made tram where their combined net worth could pay the annual salaries of all tram drivers in the city.

It would be funny at clubs too, because the people at the clubs knew them and their spending habits (i.e. they would party hard), so the staff never cared about them being dressed shoddily and so on.

Then we'd get a good laugh like one friend would open a chick, she'd shun him off, but in the end of the day, she's some secretary who only owns one nice outfit and she's wearing it that night, and our friend was very wealthy and just didn't show it. So it's like the golddigger just walked away from the gold. But that's also an FSU thing since they like to flaunt it, while this is much less common in western cultures. Go into a Nordstrom in a nice part of the US and the people who look more dressed down are usually the wealthier ones (especially if it's simple but very high quality clothing).

I used to party with this one guy and after a night of drunken partying I told him my income when he asked me. His jaw dropped and he didn't say a word for 10 seconds. After that he couldn't even fake a smile that night. Total buzzkill. Didn't hear much from him after.

Lesson: always keep it to yourself.

Quote:Quote:

“I have ways of making money that you know nothing of.”-John D. Rockefeller

The Book of Isaiah (39:4) describes a historical account of King Hezekiah. The prophet Isaiah asked the King what he had shown an emissary from the Babylonian empire, to which the Monarch responded, “I showed them everything I own – all my royal treasuries.” As a result, everything Hezekiah had was taken.

It is very difficult for people to attempt to attack and control you if they don’t know the hidden founts of power and influence you have.

I like having secret sources of income; sitting at a restaurant and knowing, when the server brings the iced tea, that you own shares in the sugar refinery that produced the sugar your friends are stirring in their beverages. It is a nice feeling; like having an ultimate weapon in a video game that no one knows you possess.

When it comes to stealth wealth, whether you realize it or not, right now, in your very community, you are surrounded by people who have amassed very large fortunes. Just like Anne Scheiber or Grace Groener, they may look like little old ladies with no cars and tiny houses or apartments. They might look like young online Internet guys wearing blue jeans and t-shirts.

source

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Quote: (09-05-2013 10:54 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

@jaydublin

Essentially "scenario analysis" is brain paralysis. It's a useless task where you weigh pros and cons with no reason to do so.

Not sure if you mean to be against long range planning? Some things absolutely can not be achieved without long range planning.

I am a financial dimwit and if I did not plan a ten year sequence for getting my professional license I would be in dire straits regarding money.

The level of unemployment in my field is less than 1% and I receive job offers weekly. But I just ride my bike around and then write songs at home.
It is fucking grand .But I'm going to work some more soon so I can achieve the Philippines Abundant Pussy Scenario.

EDIT: I see you mentioned "with no reason to do so" , so I understand you're talking about obsessive thought experiments, not planning.

^ long-term planning is not the same. Long-term planning is a legitimate goal.

I am speaking too "hmm what would I do with X" when "X" isn't happening in the next 3-6 months and more like 5-10 years. No point in thinking about it, worry about it when you're in that situation (3-6 month time horizon).

Quote: (09-06-2013 08:03 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

^ long-term planning is not the same. Long-term planning is a legitimate goal.

I am speaking too "hmm what would I do with X" when "X" isn't happening in the next 3-6 months and more like 5-10 years. No point in thinking about it, worry about it when you're in that situation (3-6 month time horizon).

There's short term and long term planning, and i engage in both. Sometimes, a person may need to have a pretty good idea about where he wants to be in the long term, even 30-40 years into the future in order to decide what to do in the short-term, whether banging or the kind of work he choses.

In this regard, just as I usually do not share my financial information with others, i frequently decide not to share my long term goals with people - especially, when in my thinking, it may not be relevant to my relationship with that person (whether a guy or a girl).

Yeah goals (short term and long term) is not what I am referring to. What I am talking about is useless scenario analysis. But yes long and short term goals are great or "themes" to your life.

In terms of revealing finances, here's the oldest trick in the book lie down.

People can triangulate your ball park based on where you live, but beyond that keep lying down. Then move all assets under a company, now you're free.

I agree WC that once you have assets it will tend to be a good idea to lie down.... or if you lie up, then that would be for strategic reasons and with short-term relationships that will not likely result in any long term relationship or repercussions.

For years, I maintained a spreadsheet that would show various kinds of numbers regarding my assets and net worth... I believe this is a pretty good idea for guys to know the reality of where he is at, and actually, for me, there was a considerable amount of time that i was negative networth... especially while in college.. and my first years of work after college (especially after accounting for student loans). Generally, I would not really reveal the details of these kinds of financial circumstances with people, except I would share with those whom I was consulting and/or planning regarding financial and/or career planning topics.

I had certain prospects for future income based on my career potential and therefore projections - however, sometimes shit happens to people that they do not expect (let's say a car accident or something), and the projections could seem to have been for naught (even with a framework and a guide).

Nonetheless, I can imagine if some people do not have any plan, or a low number of assets and does not have many prospects, then that guy may strategically want to lie up in order to get into certain social circles or to project an image. No matter what, I would suggest that guys should have some kind of reality catalog of assets (even if kept completely kept private), in order that he really knows where he is at. Accordingly, the guy can decide whether he wants to create impressions of being from wealth or having potential wealth - DHV.... and accordingly, what image to create for people.

Nonetheless, I agree that when dealing with people in long-term relationships or with people who may have an ability to cause you long term trouble by trying to hook onto your assets, when in doubt, lie down, once you have assets.

I do agree about never revealing everything about your finances. Also, only expose information to friends at the same financial level (if you know an estimate of their level). I have a couple of friends who do communicate as much because I mentioned things like certain credit cards, travel and perks in a nonchalant manner...like I would to a few other friends.

Gotta know your audience.

Only reveal details of your income to those who make more than you. He will help you make more.

Quote: (09-05-2013 10:35 PM)paninaro Wrote:  

Yeah I have a few friends like this (I suppose I'd qualify too). All self-made business people, with nothing to prove.

Some would dress pretty downscale and even travel that way -- we'd drink it up at someone's place then take public transportation to go out that night (this was in FSU). Imagine a couple guys get on the local crappy Czech-made tram where their combined net worth could pay the annual salaries of all tram drivers in the city.

It would be funny at clubs too, because the people at the clubs knew them and their spending habits (i.e. they would party hard), so the staff never cared about them being dressed shoddily and so on.

Then we'd get a good laugh like one friend would open a chick, she'd shun him off, but in the end of the day, she's some secretary who only owns one nice outfit and she's wearing it that night, and our friend was very wealthy and just didn't show it. So it's like the golddigger just walked away from the gold. But that's also an FSU thing since they like to flaunt it, while this is much less common in western cultures. Go into a Nordstrom in a nice part of the US and the people who look more dressed down are usually the wealthier ones (especially if it's simple but very high quality clothing).

Definitely true. Mike Bloomberg and that Apple dead guy probably looked POOR by FSU standards.
If I was ever single I would probably play the mini Oligarch game, heard theres only 150k millionaires in Russia.