rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fighting beta urges.

Fighting beta urges.

How do you manage keeping the right frame when the environment around us is all about emasculating and generating self-doubt?

Personally whenever I start softening I just start punching in my sandbag for a few while blasting some gangsta rap and I'm back on track.

But anyone with psychological techniques to keep your shit together? I've been reading about stoicism lately but I'm thinking of getting into meditation.

Fighting beta urges.

If you want to delve into the philosophical/psychological nature of the Male/Female conflict, I highly recommend this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Awakening-Enemy-Or...0967825202

Fighting beta urges.

Repressing shit in general is not healthy for your inner game.
Success breeds success man.

Fighting beta urges.

I guess I'm still beta deep down, doesn't help that broads try their best to pull you into that direction and that half of your loser friends are getting married and questioning your lifestyle constantly, same for family and just society as a whole. Ironically the few ones that root for me outside of the game community are my homies from the hood, a lot of these guys just don't conform to divorce rape although they have the least the lose: most have negative assets!

So your technique is visualizing your success? Mental high-fiving basically?

Fighting beta urges.

Work in baby steps. Start doing things that bring out a more 'alpha' side to you.

For instance, a lot of players do indirect game. Try experimenting with direct game. Maybe you'll find you have a hard time showing intent and not hiding it with girls. Try being a bit more aggressive with your approaches (grabbing her by the hips, pulling her in by the neck when you speak to her ear, going for fast kisses). The purpose should be to experiment, calibrate, and maybe develop your game in a different way.

Also, pursue some strong alpha environments. I'm sure you've noticed the testosterone levels in the gym. It's hard to believe that some of these guys who are very strong, built, and ooze with gym confidence have a hard time approaching girls. Nevertheless, it is not a beta environment.

The best example I can come up with is either a fighting gym or playing a competitive sport. I have only done the latter, but I know for a fact when I play a team sport that is competitive it brings out the alpha in everyone. Guys that might be pussies in day to day endeavours suddenly become masculine and aggressive.

Just some ideas.

Fighting beta urges.

Yeah great suggestion regarding sports I've witnessed it myself quite a few times. I used to train in boran muay thai for but one day I just quit and I suspect as you said that my testosterone levels dropped as a result. I think there's also a lifestyle which promotes alphaness and one betaness: urban music, competitive team sports vs video games, gender-neutral entertainment. Beyond game alot of us need a total lifestyle make-over since most of young Western men's past-times have gotten pretty girly in the past decades and physical activity is key here.

Fighting beta urges.

Funnily enough, I agree about the gangster rap. I used to hate it when I was younger and even thought that hip hop was "bullshit" but at the same time I was listening to your typical SWPL rock/pop music that often reeks of betaness. No wonder so many young white kids are emasculated little wimps. Just look at the popular media we consume.

Nowadays I can admire the alpha power of old school rap. I admit I'm not an expert but I appreciate it. Start listening to it and you will reprogram yourself and begin to carry yourself a little differently over time. This sounds like bullshit, I know, but just try it. Put some Tupac or Biggie on and go lift some heavy weights. Works for me. I usually leave the gym feeling like I want to fight someone or approach girls. I choose the latter.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

Fighting beta urges.

Destroy your ego.

I think a lot of beta tendencies arise as a form of ego protection. They're ultimately ways of avoiding really putting your personal identity on the line. We avoid rejection and controversy by taking the back seat in our interpersonal interactions. Personally I've found some form of mindfulness and/or meditation to be very powerful in combating those instincts. Sometimes an intense physical activity provides the same kind of solace. For instance after a good surf session I've noticed that it is practically impossible for me to supplicate. I just don't have anymore fucks to give. Mindfulness in particular has made me a lot more aware of what's going on and has allowed me to catch myself before acting out on an instinct or taking the dreaded beta bait. It's still a struggle though and I fuck up regularly - but not as often as I used to.