rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Explanation into Thursday's outage

There was a planned 15 minute outage to upgrade all the forum software and repair the database. The forum was like a car that hasn't gotten its oil changed in years. I wanted to do a preventive maintenance that would prevent a large downtime.

During the maintenance, a series of problems occurred which broke the site. The server guy I hired spent many hours on the problem and eventually got the site back up. We will monitor the site in the next day to make sure performance is indeed better.

This downtime was most unfortunate.

In the next day, please note down any errors you are getting by taking a screenshoot of the error and noting the URL. You can paste them here.

I'm seeing a couple MYBB SQL Errors.

I got one on the Woman aims to have sex with 100,000 men thread but it was gone when I tried to reproduce.

Are you still going to be bringing back the "Jump to different forum" option at the bottom of the screen and the ability to see the users browsing the thread?

Yes clicking reload seemed to resolve the errors.

Quote: (08-30-2013 02:35 AM)TheSlayer Wrote:  

Are you still going to be bringing back the "Jump to different forum" option at the bottom of the screen and the ability to see the users browsing the thread?

Yes, and the forum search. But this will be after everything can be tuned and all errors are gone. It may take up to a week.

SQL like a pig boy!

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Query:
SELECT COUNT(t.tid) AS unread_count FROM mybb_threads t LEFT JOIN mybb_threadsread tr ON (tr.tid=t.tid AND tr.uid='7870') LEFT JOIN mybb_forumsread fr ON (fr.fid=t.fid AND fr.uid='7870') WHERE t.visible=1 AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%' AND t.fid IN (4) AND t.lastpost > IFNULL(tr.dateline,1377243524) AND t.lastpost > IFNULL(fr.dateline,1377243524) AND t.lastpost>1377243524

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

SQL Error:
2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

The SQL errors seem to have stopped for me. Is it still happening with anyone else?

There has been a reported problem of a registered member disappearing from the database (though his posts are preserved).

If you can no longer log in, email me: roosh at rooshv dot com

unfortunate timing indeed.

I didn't realize how much I was leaning on this site as a travel resource until last night when I was scrambling to find a PM from a fellow forumer. he kindly detailed all the thursday nightlife spots in a new city.

thanks for getting it back up. I was able to find the PM, and later hook up with a cute blonde as a result.

Quote: (08-30-2013 08:45 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

There has been a reported problem of a registered member disappearing from the database (though his posts are preserved).

If you can no longer log in, email me: roosh at rooshv dot com

Was is Presidentcarter? He is listed now as unregistered.

Just received the following two errors on different pages:

Quote:Quote:

SQL Error:
2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Query:
SELECT * FROM mybb_threads WHERE tid='27558'

Quote:Quote:

SQL Error:
2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

We probably shouldn't be able to see any of the actual database queries used. Makes it much easier for an SQL injection attack.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

This happened around 10:15am

SQL Error:
145 - Table './rooshvf_forum/mybb_users' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
Query:
SELECT u.*, f.* FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_userfields f ON (f.ufid=u.uid) WHERE u.uid='10286' LIMIT 1

The errors have persisted. I'm aware of them and the IT guy is on it.

Reload the page when you get an error.

I know that this really sucks, and decreases your RVF viewing pleasure, but rest assured that I won't rest until the forum is back to full health. I don't know how long it will take, but it's my top priority right now after banging.

Test

still getting errors but I can refresh the page and get it to come up now.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

why, I was just getting up for my morning coffee hoping to see some bitching about women and the MySQL broke!!

THis was right as it was logging me in as an inveterate abuser.

Then it puked again when I added the screen shot but I didn't catch message.

Can everyone continue to paste the error messages in this thread, so we can troubleshoot the problem.

I wonder if it is a coincidence that these problems started when Emech started posting on the forum from a MAC.

Same as iknowexactly...I couldn't search anything from 10am until at least noon...probably 1:30

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

[Image: attachment.jpg14185]   

Got this a minute ago. Reloaded page and worked normally again.

Wald

Quote: (08-30-2013 12:36 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I wonder if it is a coincidence that these problems started when Emech started posting on the forum from a MAC.
Libertarianbootyhunter warned us if Roosh didn't apologize for the ban we would be experiencing this.

[Image: HXiiiM2.png]

[Image: zEsE1kv.png]