rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Aloe Vera Lotion

Aloe Vera Lotion

Is there a best all around aloe vera lotion for your hands and feet that also works on cuts, rashes, bites, etc?

Aloe Vera Lotion

Make sure you go to a health food store where you can get certified organic aloe vera gel. It works immediately and I actually picked it up for the first time not too long ago. Got rid of my rash fairly quickly and reduced the itchiness to the point where I forgot I had the rash. I picked this up from my local Better Health. This particular brand is pretty cheap too. It will look clear and literally have they consistency of jelly.

[Image: attachment.jpg14129]   

Aloe Vera Gel

Aloe Vera Lotion

For all your do it yourself players out there....I have a large aloe plant in the crib. I just put it in an area where it gets direct sunlight.

Whenever I get a cut I take a piece off and squeeze onto the area. The plant closes it's wound up within a day and continues to grow.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Aloe Vera Lotion

Yeah, I have a plant at home. My grandpa put me onto them for cuts and burns.

It doesnt seem like the gel would work like lotion on your feet and hands? Im guessing thats more for rashes and things of that nature.

Aloe Vera Lotion

For the particular brand I used it would work as a lotion as well since it goes on pretty smooth and absorbs quickly. It's a good moisturizer. Shea butter or coconut oil would work well too on your hands and feet as alternatives especially after using a PedEgg to smooth out callouses.

Aloe Vera Lotion

Anyone ever "make" their own lotion or cream? Honey+aloe+something else?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Aloe Vera Lotion

Quote: (08-26-2013 06:22 PM)houston Wrote:  

Is there a best all around aloe vera lotion for your hands and feet that also works on cuts, rashes, bites, etc?

The best way is to buy an actual plant, look after it and cut off the occasional leaf to use for those purposes. You can keep it in the fridge for re-use once cut. Make sure you get the right plant though...look it up online and it shouldn't be hard to find.

Aloe Vera Lotion

I cant keep a plant right now. I got Jason 98% aloe vera - pure natural moisturizing gel from Whole Foods. Its clear and feels like jelly so Ill see if it works on feet and hands. Some chick working there recommended it. Its somewhat sticky but she said all aloe vera is going to be like that. Makes sense since the plant is thr same way.

Aloe Vera Lotion

Yeah the good quality gels will have that consistency. I find it's not the greatest for a everyday type moisturizer, like it protects your skin and provides moisture but it doesn't absorb that great unless your skin is completely fuked up. It would be best for rough spots like feet an hands for sure.

Right now I'm fuking with Avacado oil for lotion and so far, 6 days in its been a game changer. The stuff absorbs good into the skin and you just need a drop of the stuff to et the job done. Right now it's better then cocconut oil as a moisturizer for sure.

Aloe Vera Lotion

This is your boy:

Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% gel

I use it every day. It's fantastic.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Aloe Vera Lotion

Aloe Vera Lotion

Quote: (09-01-2013 06:26 PM)houston Wrote:  

I cant keep a plant right now. I got Jason 98% aloe vera - pure natural moisturizing gel from Whole Foods. Its clear and feels like jelly so Ill see if it works on feet and hands. Some chick working there recommended it. Its somewhat sticky but she said all aloe vera is going to be like that. Makes sense since the plant is thr same way.

Outside of growing an actual plant, you might want to find a "Food Grade" aloe vera product. "Food Grade" means that you can actually eat/consume the aloe vera as a supplement. Most places won't carry this type of product because many brands require refrigeration (due to having no preservatives). If you go to a health food store and ask about it, they might have a few brands available. The label will also mention on the label that the gel is suitable for consumption. It's pretty much pure aloe vera gel with nothing added.

Don't know if you ever heard about ewg.org, but they list the possible toxic side effects of chemicals in cosmetic products. The Jason brand you mentioned is listed as a "5" out of a "10" with some ingredients listed as "8". There is a lot of different chemicals listed.

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/3320...izing_Gel/

For a personal example, I shave with a safety razor, and I use aloe as an after shave. If I do have a cut and apply some aloe to it, there's a slight burning sensation. The cut will stop bleeding pretty quickly and heal easily as well.

Aloe Vera Lotion

Quote: (09-03-2013 08:52 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

This is your boy:

How did you end up with this one?

Aloe Vera Lotion

Quote: (09-08-2013 01:30 PM)houston Wrote:  

Quote: (09-03-2013 08:52 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

This is your boy:

How did you end up with this one?

I have a friend who knows everything there is to know about skin care. He's 45, looks early 30's. He turned me onto this and I've been using it for years now.

I use it every morning after shaving, and it's also great for any kind of skin irritation, cuts, rashes, patches of dry skin and so on.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...