rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting eye contact while a girl is in a mixed group of 2 girls and 2 guys

I'm new to approaching and since it's the weakest part of my game I'm doing the 100-approach challenge. Quite often I'm at a venue at night and the girls are already paired up with guys, talking, and one of the girls glances around the room and locks eye contact with me from about 15 feet away for a second before resuming conversation. Is that an invitation to approach, and should I engage the whole group or just her?

Additionally, I get fleeting eye contact from girls frequently while I'm walking through the venue. Are these also approach invitations?

Do you hold your gaze?

What's your play?

Quote: (08-14-2013 04:21 PM)DLuzhin Wrote:  

I'm new to approaching and since it's the weakest part of my game I'm doing the 100-approach challenge. Quite often I'm at a venue at night and the girls are already paired up with guys, talking, and one of the girls glances around the room and locks eye contact with me from about 15 feet away for a second before resuming conversation. Is that an invitation to approach, and should I engage the whole group or just her?

Additionally, I get fleeting eye contact from girls frequently while I'm walking through the venue. Are these also approach invitations?

They may or may not be invitations, but at this point you should treat everything like an invitation and just approach. If the girl's alone and makes eye contact, you must talk to her. If she's in a 2-on-2 group, I'd file it away for later in case you see the guys eject. Nice job on the 100-approach challenge, it really is the best way to get reps.

Quote: (08-14-2013 04:21 PM)DLuzhin Wrote:  

Depending on the logistics of the place, you could

1) Ask where the restroom is.
2) Ask if there is a kitchen/what time the kitchen closes
3) Something about the establishment's food or drink

then follow with
4) What brings you guys out tonight?

Then move from there on out...after you've calibrated their type of social outing

Im curious as well.

I was just grocery shopping and this smoking hot 10 standing alone checked me out. I finished up getting my meat and scanned to find where she was and now she was with a dude who was holding the shopping cart. I then saw her alone later but at the other end of an aisle and as I started to walk down the aisle she sauntered out.

There was no physical touching between girl and guy. Could they have been brother and sister?

I didnt approach but I should have. The best thing to do in hindsight would be to ask the guy about something in his shopping cart (or pretend I recognized him from the gym) and carry on convo like so and find out if they are bf/gf, but I wasn't confident enough in my conversational skills for that.

She was a solid 10. Damn.

You'll always regret the approach you DIDN'T do.

Go for it. Approach approach approach.

I'm going through, more or less, a similar scenario. And I'm talking to myself also while saying this. What I've realized is that when chicks (especially the hot ones) give us dudes eye contact, they do it knowing deep down, we probably won't have the balls to approach them, especially if they're with friends. They're feeling sociable, out with the girls, you know how it is. I guarantee if a dude followed through after getting the eye, they would be surprised. So much so, she might turn you down if you try to game her in front of her friends. I guess it has to be done in such a way where even though she knows you're trying to angle to get at her, you have to do it where you include the friend(s) in the conversation also and not alienate them. Almost where you're focusing more on them than her. It's tricky, man. Having a buddy or two with you to run interference definitely helps.

With a group like that I always start indirect and use humor and just be friendly. From there I try to gauge the response of the girl to see if she is interested or not and get a better idea of these guys in the group are friends or boyfriends. I always approach the group at first though and slowly zoom in on the person most interested though. I find it much easier to get "included" into the group that way rather then just working the single girl.

I banged this girl I met from POF the other week. She's attractive. I asked her why she's on POF. She said that it's because most of her friends are guys who she's known all her life and she hangs out with them a lot at bars. But she told me because she's always with guys at bars/clubs, no other guys will approach her because everyone thinks she's taken. Yet on the contrary, she's attractive and had to go to POF to meet guys because she hadn't had sex in 6 months.

So take what you will of that when it comes to the availability of girls in mixed sets.