rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Approach Study: Stockholm, Sweden

I couldn't find an approach study for Sweden except for Roosh's take on Gothenburg, which I think is a bad city to visit if you want a fair picture of the full potential of Swedish nightlife. The reason I'm not calling it an 100 approach study is because I've probably done way many more approaches.

I started this project as a New Years resolution for 2013. I am 20 years old and by the end of year 2012 I had 6 notches. The resolution was that I should get 24 new notches for 2013 and that none of those were below the average level of attractiveness in Sweden.

My strategy in the beginning of the year was to do 30% nightgame at college parties and 70% online game. This proved not to be very fruitful. I think that since swedish guys are pretty introvert, the online-dating sites are really flooded by guys.

Come April, I stopped online gaming and started to switch college-parties for "real nightlife". Mainly because the online quality and college-girl quality (engineering school) wasn't as high as I'd like.

By that time my results were:

Jan: 2 notches
Feb: 2 notches
Mar: 1 notch
Apr: 2 notches
May: 1 notch
June: 0 notches

Since I was starting to lag behind my goal of 24 notches (2 notche/month) I tried to figure out what the best way to get nightlife notches was. My initial strategy that I used from April all the way through June was to approach a lot and look for IOI's and number close as many people a possible, not going for the same-night-bang.

After a weekend out I'd wind up with 20+ numbers, often pretty weak, and I would play the numbers game. Dating, however, was too much of a hastle so in July I decided to adopt a more everything-or-nothing strategy.

Through July up until today I go out to get the same-night-lay or to go home almost empty handed. I don't go around hunting numbers anymore. This strategy proved much more succesful. My result for July was 4 notches and currenty (14th of August) I have 3 notches.

To discuss: What strategies would you use and what are the pros and cons?

I'm also going to write a small data sheet of the clubs I frequent:

Stockholm nightlife is divided into two large areas. The more bohemic/hipster southern part of the center, the more high-end/luxurious eastern part and a few other clubs scattered across the city.

Southern hipster/bohemic part

Scandic Malmen. This is a hotel bar suitable for anyone ages 20-30. A great loungy place suitable for conversation but not dancing so much. I've had some success here but never pulled.

Trädgården. This is a outdoors club open in the summar only. I've only been here once though, a great club for hipster types but not really my taste.

Vitabergsparken. This is park, not a venue. But a lot of people gather here on summer nights so it's a great place to afternoon-game and preparty.

Northern part

Sturecompagniet. This is a great place to go clubbing. It's really crowded and as plenty of club-in-club venues. It can very loud, making it hard to find a good point to find a conversation-friendly spot.

Brasserie Godot. A cocktail bar and a great place to do dates. Serves the best cocktails in stockholm in my opinion.

F12. Really good place if you can get in. The doormen are very selective and it's nearly impossible if you don't know someone there. On the flipside, the girls they let in are always really hot. Best on tuesdays and Saturdays, any age.

Rose. A good place to go on a wednesday. In stockholm they call wednesdays "little-saturday" and there's always hot people here. Young, sexy crowd but there would be no problem going here if you are 25-35. Great mix.

Sommar!: This is my best spot to pull ONS. The crowd is really young (18-20) and can be a sausage fest later at night. The place is so damn large that even if there are a lot of guys, most of the are young and have zero game. The average girl here is a bit lower quality than other more high-end venues. But as I said, the place is so large that even though the concentration of hotties is lower, the absolute number in the venue is high.

Good luck guys!

Well done.

What's your background (You're Swedish?) and your thoughts on a foreigners approach to Sweden.

Sounds impressive, 4 a month is a solid conversion rate.

Quote: (08-14-2013 04:51 AM)Irishman Wrote:  

Well done.

What's your background (You're Swedish?) and your thoughts on a foreigners approach to Sweden.

Sounds impressive, 4 a month is a solid conversion rate.

Yea I'm born and raised in Stockholm. I think stockholm would be a great place to go a a foreigner, everyone is very open to english-speaking people and swedes are very proficient in english.

Actually, unlike most swedes who have an funny swedish-sounding accent, I have this american-ish sounding accent when I speak english. So from time to time I make up a story and pretend I'm an american tourist. I get the same response as I would in swedish without any problems being understood.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to whatever other data you might contribute.

Quote: (08-14-2013 04:39 AM)Luring Wrote:  

To discuss: What strategies would you use and what are the pros and cons?

Your game is top notch at the moment. Going from a total of 6 last year up to 4 a month at the present is very impressive. I don't see any reason to change what you are doing game-wise if it is so successful.

Unless you want really want even more lays per month (nothing wrong with that if you do) I would start focusing on the other elements that will effect your game and general life success down the line. Things like your health, wealth, social network and business plans.

Since you had the energy and ability to boost up your game so fast you should be able to make leaps and bounds within other areas of your life given the same amount of effort. Starting to focus at 20 yrs old on such things would give you a huge advantage later in life. Read up on the younger guys on here who are making some really smart lifestyle moves. Thats the direction I would guide you in at the moment anyway.

Best of luck man!